• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lego City Undercover PC Performance thread

shiyrley

Banned
EDIT: FUCK, I meant "PC Performance thread", can a mod edit it?

I'm on the fence of whether to get this on PC on Switch, and I have barely read any impressions on the PC version, only a few reviews on Steam that are negative. (bad port etc)
What's your experience GAF?

Specs:
Minimum
SO: Windows 7/8/8.1/10 x64
CPU: Intel Core i5-760 (4 * 2800) or equivalent, AMD Athlon X4 740 (2 * 3200) or equivalent
RAM: 4 GB de RAM
Graphics card: GeForce 560 Ti (1024 MB), Radeon HD 5850 (1024 MB)
DirectX: Versión 11
Storage: 18 GB

Recommended
SO: Windows 7/8/8.1/10 x64
CPU: Intel Core i7-950 (4 * 3000) or equivalent, AMD FX-6100 (6 * 3300) or equivalent
RAM: 4 GB de RAM
Grapichs card: GeForce GTX 660 (2048 MB), Radeon HD 7850 (2048 MB)
DirectX: Versión 11
Storage: 18 GB

OP may want to add this:

Had problems with options failing to apply. To work around this I manually edited files located @C:\Users\XXXX\AppData\Roaming\Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment\LEGO City Undercover. "pcconfig.txt" had more settings then available in-game, not sure if they all function but it's worth playing around. No problems with performance, frame rate above 60fps@1080p (150fps+ 970/3770k). 4k and high refresh rate monitors are supported. Inital load times were a bit slow, thankfully missions are based mostly in open world, very few load screens once started.

Credit goes to clearidea.

shiyrley

Banned
I ended up getting the game. I'm getting around 190 FPS in starting area on my setup at 1440p:

i7 6700K 4.5 GHz
GTX 1070
16 GB RAM

Yes really, 190 FPS
w58IERO.png

The initial loading takes 16 seconds from my SSD.

And yes, the game gets a black screen when changing resolutions. However, the game keeps running. So I just moved my cursor with the dpad blindly to select "yes" to the usual question of "do you want to keep the resolution?" Then, also blindy, I moved the cursor all the way down to select the "quit to windows" option. Then I restarted the game and voila, the 1440p setting saved and it works fine.

BluWacky

As I mentioned in the Switch thread:

- main menu graphics options don't work; defaulted on my system to 720p, no V sync, high defaults
- you have to go in game to change them - when you do, the screen will go black and you need to quit the game then restart - it will then have updated to your preferences
- Alt-Tab crashes the game (I couldn't then get to Task Manager and had to log out of Windows entirely)

I can't tell you a thing about frame rates or ambient occlusion or whatever; once I did all this the game worked fine at 1080p (I don't have a ninja TV). It looks... like a Lego game... I mean, it's not exactly something where I'd be worrying much about performance or graphical awesomeness.

PaulLFC

Is downsampling possible at all? I tried with Gedosato for downsampling and borderless windowed and couldn't get it to work, not sure if that was the game not working with it or me not configuring it properly.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is downsampling possible at all? I tried with Gedosato for downsampling and borderless windowed and couldn't get it to work, not sure if that was the game not working with it or me not configuring it properly.

DSR works. VSR, too, I presume.

shiyrley

Banned
After being overwhelmed with the interest of the PC port of this game, I'll post my experience so far:
- If uncapped, the game runs at crazy framerates, if I had a 144 Hz monitor I could run this game at constant 144 FPS with my 1070 at 1440p
- I play with vsync, there is zero stuttering etc. Also true with splitscreen mode
- The game is supposed to work with non-xbox controllers but won't let me map my Switch Pro Controller properly. There is one action that I just can't map, I press A to map it and I hear a error sound. Only happens with that specific action, but since I can't map all buttons, the game just won't let me use the controller. Super weird.. Ended up using xbox one controller + 360 controller for splitscreen
- I saw some weird artefacts in character's faces in the cutscene when first reaching the police station but I haven't seen those since.
- You can't alt tab, they are supposedly going to fix it
- The changing resolution thing is annoying but you just have to be mentally prepared to confirm the change blindly and then restart the game, it's an one-time thing. Still sucks and needs to be fixed
- Load times are somewhat quick from SSD, not sure about HDD

shiyrley

Banned
The game got a patch. Both the resolution and the alt-tab issues have been fixed, so the biggest issues with the port don't exist anymore

Top Bottom