• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let It Die |OT| F2P roguelike Dark Souls with a skateboarding skeleton

hbkdx12

Only assholes send out fully decked-out hunters.

If you have the iron, it makes easy work of haters. Once you get the ability to parry with the iron no one every really becomes an issue because the window to successfully parry with it is so damn wide you can drive a truck through it.

The iron really is like the GOAT in this game. I don't think there's a situation where it's not good.

DigSCCP

Today I said to myself : "ok Im just going to do so farming while my haters do expeditions so I ll have a lot of money for tomorrow".
Then I went to 21st and died in a silly way.
Then I took another hater and went to 21st to recover the first one...and died to my own hater.
Then I thought : "ok what are the odds of screwing up again?" Went to 21st and again died to my own hater !
And now I just have to spent close to 200k KP to recover all of them :/

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Allow me to requote this handsome fellow here:

That's useful advice to avoid getting countered and Machete grief, thanks.
I'm still concerned with getting stunlocked from various weapons in general, though.
For instance, you can take the 1st swing of a metal bat, but there's seemingly no way to avoid the 2nd and 3rd hits, and you get comboed/stunlocked to death.

Ideally there would be some perfect parry timing or chance to roll away after the first hit (if you have the stamina), but I'll take a "toggle weapon glitch" or something like Dark Souls had...

Holy shit I finally got the damn Iron blueprint!
Umbasa!
Gonna try to get the Heavy Tank decal over the weekend.

Grats! I found one just before taking on the F10 boss, then another on the boss train.

Speaking of Max, I managed to beat him first try. Not as hard as expected, but still pretty dangerous. The cardboard cut-out/live-action cutscenes are really weird and disturbing. Max in general is so grotesque. My wife was sleeping next to me and I was sure she would wake up at any second and go "wtf is this shit?" lol

Currently leveling up my first rank 2 (Collector) with the Iron. Not gonna bother maxing out rank 2 Fighters like I did rank 1, at least until I reach the stage where I can farm golden animals.

so this weekend better chance of premium decals drops?

Just these three:

16114675_979880485477260_5680922707398999173_n.png

1. Heavy Tank: Increase max HP by 40%.
2. Payback: Store up to 20% of damage taken and add that amount to your next attack. The stored damage is reset after attacking.
3. Judge's Gavel: Increase attack power during Down Attack by 100% (stomping an enemy on the ground).

kadab

Just these three:

2. Payback: Store up to 20% of damage taken and add that amount to your next attack. The stored damage is reset after attacking.
3. Judge's Gavel: Increase attack power during Down Attack by 100% (stomping an enemy on the ground).
How do you get these to drop ?

Mushroom Club Bonus Event: Premium Decal-a-thon
1/20/2017 – 1/23/2017

Momoko's cookin' up a special brew at the Mushroom Club that you might not want to miss. What's her secret? Her special brew is simmering with some of the finest Premium Decals around.

From 1/20 00:00 to 1/23 00:00 (PST)//08:00 20/1 to 08:00 23/1 (UTC), the rates to receive the following Premium Decals will be increased:

What is a Premium Decal?

Mushroom Club

Decals are special pieces of equipment that stick to your Fighters and have all kinds of unique, helpful benefits.
*Buy mushroom stew at the Mushroom Club for 50,000 Kill Coins.
*If you can't yet hold that much, visit Tetsuo and select ”Waiting Room" then ”Buy equipment" to upgrade your Buffalo Bank and increase its capacity.
*Unlike normal Decals, Premium Decals are PERMANENT (unless sold).
*If your Fighter dies or is deleted, Premium Decals return to the Mushroom Club inventory and you just need to visit there with a new Fighter and select ”Change Decal" to see your available list

hbkdx12

Just these three:

I hate that this is even a thing. It's basically RNG on top of RNG. Makes me all the more upset that i gotten like 20 discount decals because it suggests they're weighted more heavily then other decals like treasure hunter rather than having an equal, although random, chance at everything.

That being said, im gunning for that heavy tank decal

The 5 star pitching machine does less damage than the 4 star? the hell?

There is a bug where the 5 star weapons currently lose much more damage than they should when they lose durability. So the initial hits will be much stronger but then it drops off much faster than a lower tier weapon. Which makes them mostly used for the start of fights, since something like a fully repaired 5* sniper can kill a jackal in one headshot with the right decal setup.

I was going through some of the youtube vids listening to the soundtrack and I wandered across this trailer with the Gyze song over it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsJi6XICOo8

What is interesting is that at the end it shows the guy using a flamethrower weapon on Goto, which makes me wonder if that will eventually make an appearance. If it is anything like the other flame weapons, say goodbye to your armor if you ever get hit by it.

Frimaire

There is a bug where the 5 star weapons currently lose much more damage than they should when they lose durability. So the initial hits will be much stronger but then it drops off much faster than a lower tier weapon. Which makes them mostly used for the start of fights, since something like a fully repaired 5* sniper can kill a jackal in one headshot with the right decal setup.

No, like I mean the max durability stats are lower.
Bloody Pitching Machine A+4 is 405 damage, Ghastly Pitching Machine is 391.
I guess it has higher potential because I can still upgrade the Ghastly one further, it just seems strange when previously upgrading from 3 to 4 like doubles the damage.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Is the mushroom stew event already active?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Got:

Wolf - Rage 50% up - meh
Hide and Seek - better sneaking - Wanted to play around with that decal a bit anyway, so thats nice.
Mosquito - 3% hp regain per hit - cool on lower levels, now meh
emerald - 10% def increase - meh
Hornet - 10% more poison weapon damage - I am using poison mostly atm, so saves me some money

Capra

That decal is amazing for PvP defenders or PvP invaders though.

Yeah, it really foils my attempts to take a base with the Pork Chopper+. It still does a ton of damage, but if I don't keep pressing the enemy just regens.

Maybe that's why the Zombie Chopper exists? I'll have to build it when I get back to the game.

Frimaire

Anybody know where to get Oxygen-free copper?
I have one but I can't remember where I got it.
Anyplace other than the secret shop? I haven't been able to find it in a while...

ElFly

so are there any mechanics I am missing over the sheets that are covered in ??? mushrooms? randomly littering the places

hbkdx12

so are there any mechanics I am missing over the sheets that are covered in ??? mushrooms? randomly littering the places

Those sheets are blueprints. You want to bring them back to your gunsmith in the waiting room and it'll give you the ability to craft a certain weapon or gear assuming you have the materials to craft. They're important. Don't throw them away or overlook them.

ElFly

Those sheets are blueprints. You want to bring them back to your gunsmith in the waiting room and it'll give you the ability to craft a certain weapon or gear assuming you have the materials to craft. They're important. Don't throw them away or overlook them.

oh no I mispoke I know what blueprints are

I meant the sheet like objects in the rooms that sometimes have mushrooms near them, and that are colored randomly

I said ??? because I don't know what they are covered in

The game says my faction is at war, yet doesn't offer me a war tab in the raid menu nor any opponents from the warring faction in the random tab. I have not raided nor lost during this war nor have I been invaded.

Edit: Finally found one. Seems to be a rank problem? No idea why, since high level players have raided and demolished me in the past.

hbkdx12

oh no I mispoke I know what blueprints are

I meant the sheet like objects in the rooms that sometimes have mushrooms near them, and that are colored randomly

I said ??? because I don't know what they are covered in
if it's nothing you can interact with or pick up then it's just there for aesthetics

The game says my faction is at war, yet doesn't offer me a war tab in the raid menu nor any opponents from the warring faction in the random tab. I have not raided nor lost during this war nor have I been invaded.

Edit: Finally found one. Seems to be a rank problem? No idea why, since high level players have raided and demolished me in the past.
you can set the city/country you're at war with as your favorite (press square when hovering over that area) and you'll get a tab of suitable people to raid just from that city/country

Fuck, just wanted to make my final push through the 30s and deleted the game instead of closing it. Now I have to wait till these 50GB are downloaded again.

DigSCCP

Just bought 2 Mushroom stew, got :
- Ninja
- Hornet
Not good.
I had 68k and a tier 3 stricker with some great gear killed on 23th floor ( 66k to recover him ) decided to get my fighter back instead of risking it on another mushroom stew...
Back to expeditions + farming on raids.
Will try 5 times more to get something nice, if it doesn't come I will just give up lol
Anyway : tips for 23th Goto9 ? I was destroyed twice by him!

hyp

guess i'll be doing all day raiding for the mushroom event. so far so bad, got dupes of what i already have the first 5 buys.

Is the network loading slower today or is that only for me?
Game even stuck on the escalator loading screen once and I had no choice but to quit the game and die -.-

hbkdx12

Just bought 2 Mushroom stew, got :
- Ninja
- Hornet
Not good.
I had 68k and a tier 3 stricker with some great gear killed on 23th floor ( 66k to recover him ) decided to get my fighter back instead of risking it on another mushroom stew...
Back to expeditions + farming on raids.
Will try 5 times more to get something nice, if it doesn't come I will just give up lol
Anyway : tips for 23th Goto9 ? I was destroyed twice by him!
A fully upgraded iron makes easy work. Bring 3 or 4 of them and bring 3 or 4 cooked stingshrooms and you should be able to do very sizeable damage assuming you don't kill it outright.

guess i'll be doing all day raiding for the mushroom event. so far so bad, got dupes of what i already have the first 5 buys.
Between this and the share this on facebook thing, I feel like this is just an attempt to bolster their numbers. Call me skeptical but im not convinced they'd actually tweak any numbers or anything like that for the RNG. Someone made a post on reddit a while back about how it took them 52 million coins IIRC to get all the perm decals. That's over 1000 decals yet there's only like what? 30 or so individual decals?

Is the network loading slower today or is that only for me?
Game even stuck on the escalator loading screen once and I had no choice but to quit the game and die -.-

I get a lot of brief start and stop stutters, particularly when i walk over an item. Sometimes the game will freeze for half a second and my heart skips everytime because i'm scared it's about to freeze and crash but this has been happening for weeks and i've never actually had it crash.

hyp

Between this and the share this on facebook thing, I feel like this is just an attempt to bolster their numbers. Call me skeptical but im not convinced they'd actually tweak any numbers or anything like that for the RNG. Someone made a post on reddit a while back about how it took them 52 million coins IIRC to get all the perm decals. That's over 1000 decals yet there's only like what? 30 or so individual

starting to feel this way after grinding a couple hours, nothing but bullshit duplicates.

That's useful advice to avoid getting countered and Machete grief, thanks.
I'm still concerned with getting stunlocked from various weapons in general, though.
For instance, you can take the 1st swing of a metal bat, but there's seemingly no way to avoid the 2nd and 3rd hits, and you get comboed/stunlocked to death.

Again, are you sure that you weren't attacking and thus got into stunlock? There's also a decal ("Indomitable Spirit") that makes you "less likely to get groggy"; I'm not sure if it refers to this state, since enemies rarely (never?) stun you otherwise.

Go post for your favourite GOTY:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1327924

Let it Die ended up as my 2nd favourite game last year and deserves some love. Make sure to follow the posting rules in the OP.

Not only did I vote for it (third favorite), I also posted this in the thread back in December:
Any reason Let it Die isn't in the list of nominations? Particularly when its thread is regularly in the first page and many are considering it their GOTY.

Hopefully not being in the list from the start doesn't hurt its votes too much, since it's so recent and people should still have it in mind when voting.

DigSCCP

Go post for your favourite GOTY:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1327924

Let it Die ended up as my 2nd favourite game last year and deserves some love. Make sure to follow the posting rules in the OP.

Put Let it Die as 5th favourite game last year a few weeks ago.
Like I said it here when I started playing : its 2016 best surprise for sure !
Damn I could even say its this gen surprise for me, I was one of those on #TeamLilliBergamo before start playing...and now Im close to 80h lol

@bkbdx12 : thanks for the tips bro, you think a +2 Iron+ would be enough ? Stricker level 75 with level 20 mastery on Irons...with my Machetes ( my favourite weapon on the game ) I got destroyed and them too lol

hbkdx12

@bkbdx12 : thanks for the tips bro, you think a +2 Iron+ would be enough ? Stricker level 75 with level 20 mastery on Irons...with my Machetes ( my favourite weapon on the game ) I got destroyed and them too lol
I don't remember exactly what my set up was when I initially ran into goto but i think the levels of your irons is ok.

For starters don't be afraid of goto. It's the same goto you saw on floor 11 except she's super Tanky and has 1 new move and 2 slightly revised ones: she'll throw up a skeleton fighter and when she gets low on health and starts to roll, she does it 3 times instead of 2 and when she's low on health and jumps in the air, it turns into a homing attack and she'll attempt to land on you. So whatever strategy you employed on floor 11 will most likely serve you well here. Just always be moving.

The skeleton guy isn't something you need to be overly concerned about as long as you're constantly moving. Thankfully she only produces one skeleton at a time after the previous one dies so you never have to worry about dealing with more than one. Don't even bother trying to kill it unless goto is preoccupied doing something else that has her standing still (vomiting, turning red, tongue whip, etc)

Take all your irons and equip them to all the slots for one hand. Don't double fist. Use your other hand for another weapon like the machete. And then use that weapon to deal with the skeleton when possible. Save the iron strictly for goto. If your lucky whatever weapon you have is strong enough to kill the skeleton in one or two hits.

Using your rage move is key. When you get a good opening when goto is standing still, use the rage move for the iron. Massive damage. Especially if you have a stingshroom active. The key is that you want to reserve your rage move for brand new irons with full durability or close to it. The damage drop off for your irons once they start to fall below 50% durability is pretty significant. So you're getting the most bang for your buck if you only use rage moves on fresh irons if you can help it. If your iron is blinking red and is about to break I would say don't even bother using it anymore. It's pretty much good as broken as far as damage is concerned.

I don't know if you have any cloak shrooms at this point but if you do and you bring them with you, you have to eat them before the cutscenes where she drops down. So you'll want to eat them on the stairs right before you run into the arena. If you eat it after she drops down, you will go invisible but she'll still be able to track you.

If you haven't started doing it yet, make a habit of always eating a cooked lifeshroom before leaving your waiting room and starting a run and always bring atleast an extra one along. This is just good advice for the rest of the game. Pilbugs are super easy to come by at this point. You can usually find them in the open junction on floor 11 after you come off the elevator and make a right.

That's all I can think of at the moment. Just get familiar with her attack patterns and know when's a good time to attack. Don't get greedy and try to combo any attacks. Any openings she provides is generally only good for one attack. If you try to squeeze in more than one attack you'll more than likely get punished. Be patient and play smart. Good luck :)

Finnroth

I think I bought alltogether 10 or 11 and haven't gotten anything interesting either (10 duplicates, at that).

Then again, I am only 4* and my highest floor is 29, maybe the pool of decals is dependent on the floor you have reached?

Syysch

Got my first in game crash as im fighting coen on 34.

This is apparently a known issue. Everyone be forewarned.

I'm pretty upset

From what i've read, it sounds like an issue with staggering him during his initial animations, and possibly during his sonar if you hide long enough and get him to do it again(?). Just let him finish those animations and take a step before attacking. I dont think the game knows how to handle redoing that body pulling out animation if you interrupt it with a stagger, though you CAN interrupt him pulling one out after he throws one at you, all kinds of free hits when resetting that animation.

DigSCCP

I don't remember exactly what my set up was when I initially ran into goto but i think the levels of your irons is ok.

For starters don't be afraid of goto. It's the same goto you saw on floor 11 except she's super Tanky and has 1 new move and 2 slightly revised ones: she'll throw up a skeleton fighter and when she gets low on health and starts to roll, she does it 3 times instead of 2 and when she's low on health and jumps in the air, it turns into a homing attack and she'll attempt to land on you. So whatever strategy you employed on floor 11 will most likely serve you well here. Just always be moving.

The skeleton guy isn't something you need to be overly concerned about as long as you're constantly moving. Thankfully she only produces one skeleton at a time after the previous one dies so you never have to worry about dealing with more than one. Don't even bother trying to kill it unless goto is preoccupied doing something else that has her standing still (vomiting, turning red, tongue whip, etc)

Take all your irons and equip them to all the slots for one hand. Don't double fist. Use your other hand for another weapon like the machete. And then use that weapon to deal with the skeleton when possible. Save the iron strictly for goto. If your lucky whatever weapon you have is strong enough to kill the skeleton in one or two hits.

Using your rage move is key. When you get a good opening when goto is standing still, use the rage move for the iron. Massive damage. Especially if you have a stingshroom active. The key is that you want to reserve your rage move for brand new irons with full durability or close to it. The damage drop off for your irons once they start to fall below 50% durability is pretty significant. So you're getting the most bang for your buck if you only use rage moves on fresh irons if you can help it. If your iron is blinking red and is about to break I would say don't even bother using it anymore. It's pretty much good as broken as far as damage is concerned.

I don't know if you have any cloak shrooms at this point but if you do and you bring them with you, you have to eat them before the cutscenes where she drops down. So you'll want to eat them on the stairs right before you run into the arena. If you eat it after she drops down, you will go invisible but she'll still be able to track you.

If you haven't started doing it yet, make a habit of always eating a cooked lifeshroom before leaving your waiting room and starting a run and always bring atleast an extra one along. This is just good advice for the rest of the game. Pilbugs are super easy to come by at this point. You can usually find them in the open junction on floor 11 after you come off the elevator and make a right.

That's all I can think of at the moment. Just get familiar with her attack patterns and know when's a good time to attack. Don't get greedy and try to combo any attacks. Any openings she provides is generally only good for one attack. If you try to squeeze in more than one attack you'll more than likely get punished. Be patient and play smart. Good luck :)

Thank you very much for the tips !

hbkdx12

From what i've read, it sounds like an issue with staggering him during his initial animations, and possibly during his sonar if you hide long enough and get him to do it again(?). Just let him finish those animations and take a step before attacking. I dont think the game knows how to handle redoing that body pulling out animation if you interrupt it with a stagger, though you CAN interrupt him pulling one out after he throws one at you, all kinds of free hits when resetting that animation.
The crazy thing about is that i've grinded him about 9 or 10 times so far and my strat has always been the same. Pop a sting shroom before stepping in the arena then immediately pop a slow shroom and i've always killed him more less instantly with no issue.

But this last time i decided to use a cloak shroom instead of a slow shroom and after i popped the cloak he did his initial sonar scan and i immediately thought to myself is this going to be a problem as far as the cloak being useless. It apparently wasn't because he sort of just stood there (which in hindsight is what caused the crash) and i ran around him and hit hit with two rage attacks with the iron and boom. Crash.

I think im just going to do away with using the cloak when fighting him and just pop the shrooms once im in the arena. That should be enough time for him to pull the bodies out

Thank you very much for the tips !
no worries

Top Bottom