• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let's discuss Seaguy, because I am confused...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willco

Hollywood Square
To anyone who has not read it, I will talk about SPOILERS, so leave now.

So I sat down and read Seaguy and I'm kind of confused. Obviously Mickey Eye is the typical giant corporation/government that runs the world and for some reason, doesn't like superheroes flying around. The comic insinuates that Seaguy has go on "adventures" before, but that Mickey Eye erases his memories. And yet, at the end of issue 3, it's like he's retain some of his memories. He's not the same.

So is he stuck in some fake world or what? I'm pretty confused about that part.

Willco

Hollywood Square
How could've NOMO not posted in this by now, that Seaguy-loving, Grant Morrison butt-kissing bastard?

nomoment

By brain-wiping, Mickey Eye is only wiping out Seaguy's memories during and post big-adventure. He still retains his own inherent sense of adventurism, and curiosity.

I think.

Willco

Hollywood Square
nomoment said:
By brain-wiping, Mickey Eye is only wiping out Seaguy's memories during and post big-adventure. He still retains his own inherent sense of adventurism, and curiosity.

I think.

But where does he live? In a theme park or what? Is he a prisioner? What's the deal with the other heroes?

This is so confusing. This is why we need commentaries for comic books now.

nomoment

Willco said:
But where does he live? In a theme park or what? Is he a prisioner? What's the deal with the other heroes?

This is so confusing. This is why we need commentaries for comic books now.
Other heroes are still gone, they've always been, since the big fight with Anti-Dad. I believe all, if not most of, the heroes are trapped in that Mickey Eye prison -- only to be set out into the theme park whenever they need to be 'walked.' They were locked up and brainwashed because they could potentially, rebel against the real villain -- the mega-corp.

Which is weird, because Seaguy is the only hero left to roam around... sort of freely, sort of (under the supervision of Mickey Eye, of course). Another thing that bothered me was the origin of Chubby. In #2 (I think), Seaguy mentioned an adventure with Chubby while he was still young... or something.

But here's what I'm pretty sure happened: Seaguy was never a hero -- he aspired to be a hero, hence he was allowed to roam about, and hang out with his tuna friend, Chubby (and also why he was never able to attain She-Beard). Once Seaguy set out on his adventure (within XOO, into Atlantis, onto the moon, etc), he caused a blip on the radar -- 'adventuring' wasn't accepted, obviously, hence Mickey Eye felt the need to brain-wipe Seaguy, but NOT give him the same treatment as the other heroes. Seaguy is an adventurer, but is not, and has never been, a hero.

BuddyC

I've been lurking this thread, but I really have nothing to add. Things certainly look good for another installment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom