• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let's welcome the newest writer to IGN!

Acosta

A "anything" hater shouldn´t write professionally about videogames.

For angsty opinions about the industry we already have lot of forums, but I want some equity and deep arguments when I read something in media.

However, as far as she takes this on counts on her writing and don´t translate her opinion with such behavior on it, she´s ok on my book. As soon as she start to write things like "Nintendo sucks", I won´t care anymore.

Starfire

I wasn't particularly impressed with her appearance on G4, but then again this is IGN, so I suppose it's to be expected.

evil ways said:
Originally Posted by Jessica Chobot:
JC: And then, Nintendo, I got to go to their press conference. I wasn't too terribly impressed, but it was neat just to see a press conference, and the whole dramatics and theatrics of that whole thing. So that was a lot of fun just from an interest standpoint.

IGN: What do you think of Reggie?

JC: Well, you know, I don't know all that much about him, because I'm not really into following Nintendo to such a degree, but, how do I put it? He was like an infomercial dude. I mean that's kind of the feeling I got from it.

IGN: He's basically Ron Popeil.

JC: Yeah, he's an infomercial guy. I mean, don't sell me Nintendo's bullsh*t, because their display at—I mean I don't know what PlayStation and Xbox [had] because I'm not cool enough to sneak into theirs—but, that little GameBoy Micro? What a piece of crap. Talk about Ikea junk. The first you say… you don't say, "This isn't any new technology, we just gave it a different faceplate and made it smaller." That's so stupid.

IGN: You're passionate about this. I like it.

JC: Oh, I am very passionate with my videogames. That, and then the whole downloading all games into the Revolution. We all know that we can mod our Xboxes and do that anyway. So, what are you bringing to the table? Nothing. The thing looks like a PlayStation, to start off with. So that's that.

I love her already.

1101800301.14541.jpg

Welcome to the fold

dance9vy.gif

JC: Oh, I am very passionate with my videogames. That, and then the whole downloading all games into the Revolution. We all know that we can mod our Xboxes and do that anyway. So, what are you bringing to the table? Nothing. The thing looks like a PlayStation, to start off with. So that's that.

Somneone call NOA now.

Senretsu

Firest0rm said:
I love that show, its fun and refreshing to watch in the morning before going to university! :D

Me too! I don't feel so bad now, I also watch it before going to work sometimes, it's a great show. The songs are addictive :).

One thing i don't like about that article is how IGN pretty much alientes the growing women gamer market by saying "OMG teh girlies DO plays teh video gamez, we've nevar had teh females work here before!" She's HOT boobs! But from her comments on nintendo's press conference it sounds like she has the analysis level of a 4th grader, what IGN page is she working for? Anyway it was just an interview, maybe she's a better writer.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Oh man, I read some of her work on Red-Assed Baboon, and yikes, it does look a lot like something one would expect in a message board flame war. It sounds to me like she wants to be someone who writes in a take no prisoners, shoot from the hip sort of way, except she doesn't provide anything substantial to back her statements. If she wants to take on that sort of voice she should read more of Milkman's stuff. He already pretty much owns that turf, but more importantly, he has something intelligent to say. Taking on some sort of tough personna is all well and good, but you need to be able to back it up.

Deku

Banned
Mr Nash said:
Oh man, I read some of her work on Red-Assed Baboon, and yikes, it does look a lot like something one would expect in a message board flame war. It sounds to me like she wants to be someone who writes in a take no prisoners, shoot from the hip sort of way, except she doesn't provide anything substantial to back her statements. If she wants to take on that sort of voice she should read more of Milkman's stuff. He already pretty much owns that turf, but more importantly, he has something intelligent to say. Taking on some sort of tough personna is all well and good, but you need to be able to back it up.

I see a lot of this. Girls today will use with vagina and boobs to get ahead even if they are grossly underqualified.

I wanted to stay out of this for a long as possible, but reading her blog, and her reaction to everything that's going around her as well as her interview at IGN, it is plainly obvious to me this person is underqualified.

I'd rather have half a Peer Schnieder than a full person of her caliber.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
JC: ...but, that little GameBoy Micro? What a piece of crap. Talk about Ikea junk. The first you say... you don't say, "This isn't any new technology, we just gave it a different faceplate and made it smaller." That's so stupid.

"mothership to little dyke on a trike.. we've confirmed sightings of PSone and PStwo, what shall we do with this stupid Ikea junk..?"

Deku

Banned
I actually think Game Boy Micro will be a big hit.

Strategically and a from a product perspective, it's the ipod shuffle of the Game Boy line. Small, stripped down (no bc to old GB games) and very cool looking.

I want one just so i can wear it as a neck accessory like most people wear their mp3 players.

Deku said:
I see a lot of this. Girls today will use with vagina and boobs to get ahead even if they are grossly underqualified.

I wanted to stay out of this for a long as possible, but reading her blog, and her reaction to everything that's going around her as well as her interview at IGN, it is plainly obvious to me this person is underqualified.

I'd rather have half a Peer Schnieder than a full person of her caliber.

But you know, it isn't actually the girl's fault. If the males in our society are going to hire less qualified people to do the job then more power to her.

Guess I should start listening to Elton John and buy a scarf.
I'm sure there are gay business owners too.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Ugh. Attack of the Show just had this pro-piracy idiot on for an interview where she defended her stupid interview on IGN and promoted her stupid column.

Also, she's apparently now an expert on all things MMORPG since the first one she ever played was FFXI.

Top Bottom