• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Licensed video game music question.

Spainkiller

the man who sold the world
Yo dudes, I don't suppose any of you know what the first video game to 'star' licensed music was? I think it was Loom back in 1990, but I want to be sure. Cheers.

8bit

Knows the Score
I would have thought it would have been either the Journey arcade game or Michael Jackson's Moonwalker.

B'z-chan

Banned
Journey Arcade is the very first licensed music in a game period if i'm not mistaken. And in a console i dont know know what would be the first but moon walker comes up to mind quickly.

It depends what you mean by "star." Do you mean advertise as one of the selling points for the game? And are you talking just about licensed music by bands?

One of the earliest would be the arcade game "Journey" (and home version, Journey Escape). In fact, the entire game was based around the band, Moonwalker style.

http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?letter=J&game_id=8242

Edit: Oops, I see I'm a bit late - I hadn't clicked reload for the other replies yet when I posted!

Spainkiller

the man who sold the world
I meant one that had a licensed soundtrack - and it appears that my question has been answered. Thanks a lot, you've been a great help :)

Top Bottom