• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lies of P has Gone Gold

Half a month ahead of release!? I hope there is preload on Steam as well at least 72 hours before release.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
You'll what?!?

hG3XI_.gif

This game surprised me with how good it was. Gameplay has weight, graphics are great, performance was solid. I just hope it sells well because I havn't seen any hype for it.

Mr Hyde

Liked the demo very much but it's sandwiched between Starfield and Lords of the Fallen, so I'm going to hold out until next year before fully committing.

DavidGzz

This and Lords of the Fallen are why I haven't pulled the trigger on Starfield early access yet. Tomorrow's reviews may change that but I don't know if I'll have the time to sink into that massive game when I will want to experience these sweet looking Souls rip-offs.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I personally I have zero interest in clones, if FROM stops making games then I will look for alternatives but until then I will stick to actual Souls game.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I personally I have zero interest in clones, if FROM stops making games then I will look for alternatives but until then I will stick to actual Souls game.
To be fair lords of the fallen looks to be a good game in the vein of fromsoftwares pedigree. I imagine it’ll be a lot easier than what From cooks up, and that might be a good thing for folks who get filtered out of FS titles.

This game however just seems like bargain bin souls like akin to the surge 1&2.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
To be fair lords of the fallen looks to be a good game in the vein of fromsoftwares pedigree. I imagine it’ll be a lot easier than what From cooks up, and that might be a good thing for folks who get filtered out of FS titles.

This game however just seems like bargain bin souls like akin to the surge 1&2.
To me The Fallen is uncomfortable level of on the nose where they get “inseparable“ from. Games like Nioh is also inspired by souls game but at the same type it has own combat system, artstyle and even structure is its own style.

There is big difference between getting “inspiration“ and just downright copying them. FROM is still making quality games, I don't need bother shameless copy version.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I just hope it's not super difficult. Would like to just enjoy a normal action game and see the art design. I don't need to bust my balls on this one. The controls were tolerable but not polished enough to push it to the limit.

VN1X

Banned
Just checked out the contents of that Deluxe Edition and... no thanks.
1x.webp

Game's actually cheaper and better without that shite lol.

But that mysterious parade mask, aren't you curious?
eyebrows flirting GIF

Just kidding. I am mostly getting it to start playing over the weekend as opposed to on Tuesday... I know, a fool and his money...

Last edited:

Vblad88

Tbh I played demo of this right after trying Thymesia and did not feel a difference. It got this "clone" vibe, which only NiOh & Jedi games were able to surpass...

Bartski

Gold Member
Yeah Thymesia is... weird. And Lies of P felt much more crisp and refined. Much higher production values as well.
I platinumed Thymesia and imo it was a damn fine game, not even for an indie. People shitting on it for copyting BB vibes as if there were too many games like that on the market, combat wise it's way closer to Sekiro.

VN1X

Banned
I platinumed Thymesia and imo it was a damn fine game, not even for an indie. People shitting on it for copyting BB vibes as if there were too many games like that on the market, combat wise it's way closer to Sekiro.
Oh I'm not shitting on it, I don't mind it at all but some of the budget is definitely on display compared to some of the Soulslikes. I still need to finish it some time.

skit_data

No review thread for this yet? I thought there was some hype behind this?

It's sitting at a 84 on Metacritic atm, only 5 reviews though (on PS5).

Top Bottom