• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Life After X-Men: Singer & WB Happy, FOX Uncertain Over X-Franchise...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willco

Hollywood Square
Bryan Singer Makes the Move to WB
Source: Variety
Friday, August 6, 2004

Variety reports that "X-Men" series director Bryan Singer is making the move to Warner Bros. Pictures for a production deal now that 20th Century Fox has ended his first-look deal.

In March, Singer pacted with WB to direct a remake of "Logan's Run." Then in July, Singer's representatives ended longstanding talks with Fox for Singer to helm X-Men 3 and quickly completed negotiations with Warner Bros. for him to replace McG on Superman.

Eager to quickly move the movie into production, WB went so far as to make a pay-or-play offer to Singer if he'd consent to make Superman fly post-haste, says the trade. He took it, and Fox soon notified him that his deal there was over.

Who will direct X-Men 3 for Fox remains unclear, as does its potential start date. The trade adds that Singer would be happy to be involved with the third film even if only as a producer, but the ball is in Fox's court.

So it looks like Singer will get to do his projects at WB. It'd be cool if FOX let him be a producer for the next X-Men flick, but who directs it and when it'll come out is anybody's guess. It looks like this was FOX's fault, though, letting Singer slip during negotiations, only to see WB pick him up for their comic book franchise.

FnordChan

MaddenNFL64 said:
So Singer is going to direct the new Supes flick? Cool :).

Yeah, but he isn't going to direct the third X-Men film, which ain't so cool. Ah well, I'll reserve judgement until I see who Fox gets for X3 before throwing a whiny fanboy temper tantrum.

FnordChan

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Singer can go get effed in the A. I'm sure anyone who'd wanna direct a Superman movie already does anyway though. Most overrated character ever!

OmniGamer

FnordChan said:
Yeah, but he isn't going to direct the third X-Men film, which ain't so cool. Ah well, I'll reserve judgement until I see who Fox gets for X3 before throwing a whiny fanboy temper tantrum.

FnordChan

I somewhat agree...but thinking about it, X3 could use some life and flare...especially if Phoenix is going to be involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom