• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lil Guardsman | Review Thread

TctKx8oL.jpg

Game Information

Game Title: Lil Guardsman

Platforms:
  • Xbox Series X/S (Jan 23, 2024)
  • PlayStation 5 (Jan 23, 2024)
  • Nintendo Switch (Jan 23, 2024)
  • PC (Jan 23, 2024)
  • Xbox One (Jan 23, 2024)
  • PlayStation 4 (Jan 23, 2024)
Trailer:
Developer: Hilltop Studios

Publisher: Versus Evil

Review Aggregator:

OpenCritic - 84 average - 100% recommended

Written Reviews

GameSpew - Becca Smith - 8 / 10
Lil’ Guardsman is so much fun to play. Players will be laughing out loud from the very beginning and will enjoy the fun references and silly jokes throughout. And those that like to play games multiple times will be able to see all of the different options and outcomes.

God is a Geek - Lyle Carr - 8.5 / 10
Lil' Guardsman is a truly wonderful comedy game, with Papers, Please style border guarding gameplay in a charming fantasy setting.

LadiesGamers.com - Kalina Mikova - Loved
I thoroughly enjoyed Lil’ Guardsman, and I’ll enjoy it for a while longer while I get more endings. Meanwhile, I’ll recommend it several times to the same people until they finally decide enough is enough and try it themselves. It’s that good

Nintendo Life - Roland Ingram - 8 / 10
With so many fleshed-out characters to get to know through its Papers-Please-lite gameplay, there’s good reason to grant Lil’ Guardsman entry to your Switch.

Pure Dead Gaming - Craig - 8.5 / 10
Lil Guardsman is a point-and-click adventure where you interview people, almost always resulting in funny situations and dialogue. If that doesn’t sound like your cup of tea, you may not enjoy the game. But if you have ever enjoyed a game in a similar vein to this I highly recommend checking it out. Hilltop Studios has created a fun, endearing and funny adventure that I won’t soon forget.

RPG Fan - Audra Bowling - 90%
Lil’ Guardsman is an entertainingly hilarious heartfelt adventure.

Siliconera - Jenni Lada - 9 / 10
Lil Guardsman absolutely surprised me with its detail, depth, humor, and heart.

TheSixthAxis - Aran Suddi - 8 / 10
Lil Guardsman's mix of border control and adventure is a whole heap of fun, with genuine comedic moments combined with great acting. There are a few issues with the story, with the occasional inconsistency or predictable moment, but all in all this is a great addition to the genre.

XboxEra - Jesse Norris - 8.2 / 10
Lil Guardsman is funny, occasionally heartwarming, and a ton of fun. It takes a simple premise and builds it into a unique and excellent video game.

Video Reviews

Last edited:
Top Bottom