• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Kenzera: Zau - Reviews Thread

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
I finished and got the platinum as well. Some sections towards the end were annoying lol, as in instakill sections and you had to repeat it.

Other than that, not a bad game, the fighting is mediocre but the story was fine. The soundtrack and visuals are also fine.

Would rate the game a 7/10.
Not bad for a first project. If they do make another game, I hope they stay away from SBI.

Stainless

I finished and got the platinum as well. Some sections towards the end were annoying lol, as in instakill sections and you had to repeat it.

Other than that, not a bad game, the fighting is mediocre but the story was fine. The soundtrack and visuals are also fine.

Would rate the game a 7/10.

I got all the way to the end and couldn't finish due to that escape platforming section. I got through the 2 escape platform sections in Act II, but this one is just too tough for me. Pretty frustrating as I enjoyed the game, otherwise. If there was literally one more checkpoint in there, I'd be able to get through it.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Played a bit of this today. The game itself is pretty decent, tight controls, good metroid-vania traversal and powers etc.

The one thing I don't get, however, is how a game this simple looking has a 30 FPS 'quality' and a very aliased 60 FPS 'performance' mode on the current gen, when similar games like Lost Crown run at 4K/120 fps without breaking a sweat.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Lesser Ori is pretty on point based on what I’ve played so far. A lot of weird design decisions, too, that a more experienced dev probably would have avoided, but for a first game? Pretty decent. And the African theme is neat.

Sounds like I need to play this game first, before I play Ori or Ori 2. Because the African theme is what's speaking to me the most.

Last edited:
Top Bottom