• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lil Tay and her brother have passed away (Update: Alive, claims social media was hacked.)

Z O N E

UPDATE:

So uh... update... She MIGHT no be dead?

Her father said he can't confirm whether she is dead or alive.

Also, TMZ removed their article about it.

Her former manager messaged mainstream medias:

At this point, who knows what the hell is going on.

-----------------

Original OP:

Her family have released a statement confirming the passing of Lil Tay and her brother.

Last edited:

Z O N E

What I have found out is that Lil Tay sued her father because he wanted control over her finances and career and her brother also came forward stating that their father was abusive towards Lil Tay and forced her to do everything.

Oh boy...

TheMan

what the fuck? So was it a suicide pact or a murder suicide? I guess details will be forthcoming

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
Don't know who that is but that seems pretty fucked up. Was her brother famous too?

At that age I'm guessing accidental fentanyl od, foul play, or something like car accident?

BlackTron

Under investigation, but if it's not suicide, for both siblings to die on the same day... that's not adding up.

Unless it was an accident, like a car crash.

But, given the strange context of their situation, with their dad living a lavish lifestyle on her money and her getting legally spicy over it, AND the brother backing her up, it doesn't look good

Z O N E

Don't know who that is but that seems pretty fucked up. Was her brother famous too?

At that age I'm guessing accidental fentanyl od, foul play, or something like car accident?

Unless it was an accident, like a car crash.

But, given the strange context of their situation, with their dad living a lavish lifestyle on her money and her getting legally spicy over it, AND the brother backing her up, it doesn't look good

I feel like if it was a car accident, it would be revealed straight away. I guess it's the waiting game now.

Social media star. But her past is quite the story. She basically disappeared after her father filed a court motion to have her come back to Vancouver and then the next news we hear after her disappearance is of her passing.

Little Mac

Definitely a Lil suspicious.

Try Not To Laugh 90 Day Fiance GIF by TLC Europe

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Had to google, found these two.

Poor exploited child. RIP.

Lil Tay last posted to Instagram in June 2018.

Lil Tay achieved viral fame as a 9-year-old social media influencer. The self-proclaimed “youngest flexer of the century,” she became known for her expletive-filled Instagram videos depicting a lavish hip-hop lifestyle. In one video, she boasted about buying a $200,000 sports car despite not having a drivers license. In another, filmed atop a Beverly Hills viewpoint, she proclaimed, “I run L.A.” Lil Tay was associated with popular rappers including Chief Keef and XXXTentacion, whom she called a “father figure” in a 2018 Instagram post. She drew backlash for using the N-word, later apologizing to those she had “offended.” In 2018, she starred in a three-episode docuseries about her rise to fame titled “Life With Lil Tay.”
After disappearing from the internet five years ago, Lil Tay was launched into a custody battle between her parents, while suspicious allegations appeared online about her family situation and safety. In June 2018, Lil Tay’s Instagram was wiped clean, and the words “help me” were posted to her story.

Last edited:
Joking about a 14 year olds death is funny now?
I personally don’t think so, but the comment about it that I laughed at was funny. It reminded me of my Dad’s jokes, and I’ll always chuckle at those. I don’t think anyone here is actually laughing about the deaths.

To add, I feel for the two people that passed away, and their loved ones…and it definitely sounds suspicious.

GutsOfThor

I feel like if it was a car accident, it would be revealed straight away. I guess it's the waiting game now.

Social media star. But her past is quite the story. She basically disappeared after her father filed a court motion to have her come back to Vancouver and then the next news we hear after her disappearance is of her passing.

Damn.....

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

What is strange is that she disappeared in June of 2018. A Gen Z kid did not find a single way to get online in 5 years? Strange, indeed.

Ikutachi

Possible car crash.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Possible car crash.

Speculation has begun circulating on social media about the cause of deaths with one user, Jesse Ryan, claiming to have witnessed the incident.

He wrote: 'As someone who was at the scene I can confirm that both were together when passing. Due to car collision. The brother was driving.

'Local officials are speculating "texting and driving" being the cause. The other vehicle occupants were okay with minor injuries.'
Odd how the news doesn't have access to a car accident. Guess we wait on the investigation.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler

RIP to the girl and her brother, but holy Resetera.

It was a joke about the absurdity of what constitutes a "household name," and a nod to the trend of "lil' whatever," being kind of cheese and antiquated even by 2009.

Holy shit, if someone makes a joke about a woman is it disrespect towards Lil' Tay because she was a female, too?

On topic: Circumstances and by all sounds, the family themselves, sound weird. Wouldn't be surprised if charges come up on this, somehow.

Last edited:

Jinzo Prime

Had to google, found these two.

Poor exploited child. RIP.

Everything about this is a disaster. Nine year olds shouldn't be hanging out with xxxtentacion or around rap culture in general. This was always going to end in tragedy, but two kids dying at the same time, one of them famous? Something fucked up is going on.

Toons

Yeah I get it but I think that's a little in poor taste.

This is weird to read, it had to be a tragic accident of some kind, but its just strange anytime you hear a very young person's life as ended.... shouldn't be that way.

Z O N E

So uh... update... She MIGHT no be dead?

Her father said he can't confirm whether she is dead or alive.

Also, TMZ removed their article about it.

Her former manager messaged mainstream medias:

At this point, who knows what the hell is going on.

Last edited:

Billbofet

I hope they are both okay, but after looking up to see who she is, there is no more need in this world for the bullshit content Lil Tay was putting out. Cannot believe the low bar set to be an internet celebrity now, or back when she was at her peak.

Top Bottom