• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Little boy asks Santa to help his bullied sister

Status
Not open for further replies.

GulAtiCa

Why do schools turn a blind eye on bullying?

I don't think there is much schools can do to truly stop it, as I don't think a teacher laying a hand on a student is allowed, or just results in negative press/lawsuit. I'm not saying they can't do nothing. Like give detention, expel them for a week/etc. But from personal experience, that won't really stop it. A bully will still be a bully.

Telling a teacher or an adult in general was always looked badly upon you, as it would give them more reason to pick on you. In most cases, the adult could only say "stop it" to the bully. But come on, what bully will stop after a request like that?

I think the only true way to stop a bully from being a bully anymore, is to get to them through their parents. Their parents cracking down on them, through the belt, punishment, or somehow else, might help. Maybe.

I often wonder how bully's parents are. Like do they just not care? Are they oblivious to their kid being an asshole? Are they making their child's environment hell, to which actually is the cause of the bully?

hmm..

"God is bisy"

Poor kid. Its depressing to think that this kid will go his entire childhood waiting for god to think he's important enough.

strafer

0484_izrml.gif

We have meetings at school every week about bullying and they do absolutely nothing.

There isn't much a school can do since it really comes down to shitty parents.

My sixth grade niece has a kid in her class who is fucking crazy. Last year (5th grade) the kid got suspended the first fucking day of school for telling the teacher and principal to fuck off.

He has hit teachers, is always cussing in class. There's literally not shit they can do because the parents don't give a fuck. The school can't afford saturday school detentions, they can't legally keep giving the kid out of school suspensions, and you can't expel the kid because then they would be financially responsible for sending him somewhere else.

A couple years ago one of the teachers actually told parents that the classroom is so misbehaved that they are going to be learning slowly for the year. Shit is so bad, the teacher is literally warning parents that they are going to be behind for their age group because the environment is so fucked.

The one kids mom shows up to PTA meetings and talks about the problems at the school like her son isn't part of it. Some people shouldn't have kids, that's all there is to it.

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
Reporter: Do you wish people would mess with you instead of Amber?

Ryan: Yes.

Amber: You don't have to do that.

Ryan: Yes, I do.

damn, kid's gonna be tough as nails when he gets older. props to him

jaxword

Reporter: Do you wish people would mess with you instead of Amber?

Ryan: Yes.

Amber: You don't have to do that.

Ryan: Yes, I do.

It takes a real man to protect those weaker than him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom