• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Logitech Driving Force Pro Wheel revisited

hgplayer1

Im about to buy another PS2 which means Ill most likely start playing GT3 a lot more in preparation for GT4. I really want to get a wheel and Im wondering what people think of the Driving Force Pro so far?

is the feel of the wheel worth the 150 price tag? Ive never used a console wheel before because every time I went to the store to mess around with one the things felt so plasticky and cheap like they would fall apart easily. Is there any weight to the wheel? Is the force feedback legit?

If its as good as its supposed to be I wouldnt mind getting it now to use with GT3 but if it has some problems I might wait and see if the price will come down a little when GT4 gets here.

Gek54

The wheel is solid and incredible with all the force feedback games. And yes the feedback is legit. I got my online for $115 shipped.

Crag Dweller

aka kindbudmaster
I was waiting to see if eb or someplace similar was going to have some kind of package deal when gt4 ships before I pick the new wheel up. I still have one of the original gt wheels in good working order that I use mostly for the computer now, but the new one sounds too sexy for me to pass up. However, I'll have to come up with a better solution to mount the steering wheel to the recliner this time though, the piece of wood/velcro/bungy cord method didn't work out so well.:)

damn $115 is a steal. The wheel is very nice, but you better have a place to put it since your gonna be turning the sucker alot when playing GT4.

I can tell you that undergound feels tyte with the wheel, I haven't really tried it with any new current game. So thats my only american game I have tested it on, besides GT4 prologue.

hgplayer1

Gek54 said:
The wheel is solid and incredible with all the force feedback games. And yes the feedback is legit. I got my online for $115 shipped.

and where did you get it for that price? and how long ago?

thanks for the impressions guys.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
How does it compare with the leather-stitched Momo wheel?

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Gek...how does the driving force pro compare with the leather-stitched Momo wheel?

plik

are you talking about the first Logitech GT wheel for the PS2? if yes, how did you get it working with a PC?
i would love to use it that way as well.
thanks

Kindbudmaster said:
I was waiting to see if eb or someplace similar was going to have some kind of package deal when gt4 ships before I pick the new wheel up. I still have one of the original gt wheels in good working order that I use mostly for the computer now, but the new one sounds too sexy for me to pass up. However, I'll have to come up with a better solution to mount the steering wheel to the recliner this time though, the piece of wood/velcro/bungy cord method didn't work out so well.:)

Crag Dweller

aka kindbudmaster

Alf

Banned
I would like the get this wheel too. I unfortunately got the Driving Force Wheel which sucks, although i did get it for ($70 Canadian. I use it for pc games but it has some of the same problems it has for GT3, ie the can't-paddle-shift-sometimes-when-full-lock and the paddle shift isn't very responisve when shifting down. I want to trade it in but i doubt i'll get more than $15 for it.

Top Bottom