• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Loki |OT| Time Crimes

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
What a crazy episode, that's exactly what we're waiting for since the show announcement.
Yeah this episode was a big middle finger to the idea that Disney can only do predictable cape stuff. Wandavision was certainly a step in that direction, but Falcon was a return to normalcy.

This show is Disney throwing normalcy out the window.

Loki is banished to Simpson universe next week.

pF8zuhZ.jpeg

McCheese

Loki is banished to Simpson universe next week.

They made flanders ant-man just so they can make a diddly/small joke right?

Amazing episode, that post credit scene, the "twist", the long long overdue cameo; felt like it delivered in the way people thought Wandavision was going to before it ended up being a bait and switch.

But it has to be said, that fight scene was fucking awful, I've seen more believable WWE scraps.

I've also now got a thing for women with horns, mrs is totally getting a silvie outfit for "halloween"

Last edited:
Loki is probably the time keeper behind the curtain, killing off all other Loki variants to be the best one, which makes sense since Loki also loves him/her self. Plus Loki loves sacred things.

Last edited:

Kenpachii

Loki is probably the time keeper behind the curtain, killing off all other Loki variants to be the best one, which makes sense since Loki also loves him/her self. Plus Loki loves sacred things.

yea that's probably it. Also bet its the female loki as she outplays them already since being a child.

Last edited:

McCheese

I think it goes one level deeper, and he's trying to force that one timeline because
it's the only one where he finds love.
or something cheesy. I still think there is more than meets the eye, like the whole thing is a simulation or something.

BlackTron

I'm pleasantly surprised by this show, despite its execution being a bit mediocre in some areas.

When Mobius got batonned, I suspected right then that it in fact didn't really kill you. When it also happened to Loki at the end that pretty much confirmed it.

I fell asleep during the credits though, I haven't seen this post credit scene yet.

Gaelyon

Gold Member
Great show with a very unusual theme and a nice retrofuturist ambience. The fight scenes sucks, but it's more about the characters and the mystery. I'm curious to see how they plan Loki's fate at the end. And Sylvie's.

Last edited:

Fbh

Last Episode was fun. The Twist with the Time Keepers was kinda expected but I'm still looking forward to how things play out. The post credits scenes definitely left excited for the next episode.

Soodanim

I'm pleasantly surprised by this show, despite its execution being a bit mediocre in some areas.

When Mobius got batonned, I suspected right then that it in fact didn't really kill you. When it also happened to Loki at the end that pretty much confirmed it.
Same here. I certainly didn’t cry about Loki being killed off lol.

It must be such a killjoy attitude to over-analyse shows to see which ones are trying to woke the hardest. Just calm down and watch the bloody story, people. Were you that upset by MGS2 that you expect your favourite characters to be killed off early every time?

Great show with a very unusual theme and a nice retrofuturist ambience. The fight scenes sucks, but it's more about the characters and the mystery. I'm curious to see how they plan Loki's fate at the end. And Sylvie's.
This tbh. Every fight scene is consistently forgettable, but it’s just the filler between the story moments and I’m fine with that.

I’ve been less than impressed by elements of the show (fights, exploding town) but those minor dips don’t take away from the general quality at all. It’s something different and I’m all for it.

Fbh

Also kinda wondering what the time branch was about that helped Owen Wilson find Loki.

I've seen people say it's because they were growing closer but that wouldn't make much sense since it has been established that nothing really matters in an apocalypse since everyone will die. And since they were seconds away from dying, them kissing or whatever wouldn't really have made a difference.

So the only logical thing IMO is that the big spike was because they weren't supposed to die.

Last edited:

bitbydeath

Also kinda wondering what the time branch was about that helped Owen Wilson find Loki.

I've seen people say it's because they were growing closer but that wouldn't make much sense since it has been established that nothing really matter in an apocalypse since everyone will die. And since they were second away from dying, them kissing or whatever wouldn't really have a made a difference.

So the only logical thing IMO is that the big spike was because they weren't supposed to die.
That reminds me, they never continued the storyline of the branching timelines from the end of episode two. Did I miss something or did the show runners really mess things up?

ManaByte

That reminds me, they never continued the storyline of the branching timelines from the end of episode two. Did I miss something or did the show runners really mess things up?

They showed them all running into doors. I thought the same, but I assumed they just bombed and reset every spot.

Fbh

I think it was implied that they managed to stop it by going all out and sending most available units to control the situation.
Sylvie had planned to use the chaos and the fact most personnel was out there stopping the branching timelines to get to the time keepers, but then Loki interfered and screwed up her plan.

Last edited:

bitbydeath

I think it was implied that they managed to stop it by going all out and sending most available units to control the situation.
Sylvie had planned to use the chaos and the fact most personnel was out there stopping the branching timelines to get to the time keepers, but then Loki interfered and screwed up her plan.
They showed them all running into doors. I thought the same, but I assumed they just bombed and reset every spot.
Thanks, thought it was made out to be a huge deal at the time, not something I was expecting until the end as a prelude to Doctor Strange.

Ionian

I love it, stylishness to me and Nan Solo was even was,
thought Rogue was brilliant too

I must be awirdo.

Pagusas

Elden Member
Loved the last episode.. but does anyone else hate the fight scenes in this show? The shows drama is in its characters and mystery, the fight scenes just feel like filler and forced content because it’s a “super hero” show and requires fight scenes. I honestly think the show would be better without any of it

Last edited:

HoodWinked

Loved the last episode.. but does anyone else hate the fight scenes in this show? The shows drama is in its characters and mystery, the fight scenes just feel like filler and forced content because it’s a “super hero” show and requires fight scenes. I honestly think the show would be better without any of it
ya the fight scenes aren't that they're bad which they are, it's that they're wrong. so it it feels like shit and jarring when you watch them as your cognitive dissonance keeps creeping in. seems like the consensus is that no one likes the fight sequences.

everyone stand in place while Sylvie throws Loki a sword while he's down. Renslayer just bask in this glorious fight scene.
r1acFTf.png

now while you're behind Loki just keep laying on your back and do nothing while he's busy. dont just use the glowy or pointy end to stab him.
o85oLau.png

these clowns are the guards to the timekeepers. really?

Last edited:

sol_bad

The fights are terrible but in all fairness, that 2nd shot with the guy on the ground, he was probably just punched right in the nose. You do see him trying to get up and the shot is there for less than a second.

Shouta

I've seen people say it's because they were growing closer but that wouldn't make much sense since it has been established that nothing really matters in an apocalypse since everyone will die. And since they were seconds away from dying, them kissing or whatever wouldn't really have made a difference.

It's them starting to fall for each other. Mobius even mentioned it in the episode and got Loki to admit it. I think it's working on the same principle you sometimes see in Time Travel/multiverse stories where if two of the same person meet each other, they cause problems and things can collapse or they cancel each other out. It's just that in this case, it's selfcest shit that causes it, lol

Fbh

It's them starting to fall for each other. Mobius even mentioned it in the episode and got Loki to admit it. I think it's working on the same principle you sometimes see in Time Travel/multiverse stories where if two of the same person meet each other, they cause problems and things can collapse or they cancel each other out. It's just that in this case, it's selfcest shit that causes it, lol

But that doesn't really make sense to me, since the whole point of hiding in apocalypses was that almost nothing you do (I imagine except stopping the apocalypse or saving people) matters to the timeline.
I get that them falling for each other would be an issue, but it shouldn't if they are going to die in a couple of seconds anyway.

BlackTron

Why does it matter that they started falling for each other, if they were about to die anyway? It was established in the show that no matter what you do in such an event, it doesn't really matter because the whole place is about to be "reset" anyway. In this case due to a disaster wiping out the planet.

I agree that it must be that either of them dying created a problem for the sacred timeline, somehow. Perhaps this is because one or both of them go on to be involved in events that are important to the timeline.

The only other explanation I can think of, is that they in fact would have figured out some way to save themselves from the disaster, though I can't imagine how that would happen, who knows.

edit: Fbh beat me

Last edited:

Shouta

But that doesn't really make sense to me, since the whole point of hiding in apocalypses was that almost nothing you do (I imagine except stopping the apocalypse or saving people) matters to the timeline.
I get that them falling for each other would be an issue, but it shouldn't if they are going to die in a couple of seconds anyway.

Why does it matter that they started falling for each other, if they were about to die anyway? It was established in the show that no matter what you do in such an event, it doesn't really matter because the whole place is about to be "reset" anyway. In this case due to a disaster wiping out the planet.

I agree that it must be that either of them dying created a problem for the sacred timeline, somehow. Perhaps this is because one or both of them go on to be involved in events that are important to the timeline.

The only other explanation I can think of, is that they in fact would have figured out some way to save themselves from the disaster, though I can't imagine how that would happen, who knows.

edit: Fbh beat me

It's established that nothing normal would cause a nexus event in an apocalypse but two of the same being falling for each other isn't exactly normal. The universe not knowing how to resolve you falling in love with yourself would be good reason for it to branch off, or potentially implode.

It could be that they weren't supposed to die there but I don't know if that actually checks out. If it was that, they should have been detected by the TVA the instant they entered Lamentis. If not right away, then at least after the pad was broken. The rocket was always going to be destroyed so there was no way for them to get off. Yet the only time they were detected was as they sat down on the rocks and talked to each other as the end of Lamentis was approaching.

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Is the show rather dim for anyone else? Like brightness levels I mean. It's rather dark constantly. Not a good use of dolby vison lol.
On another note, I caught up last night. I don't know where this is going. I'm hoping we got some real celestial powers soon.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
Are standards so bad this is considered gasp worthy? Everything was obvious
Oh please will you just stop lol Mobius and Loki getting pruned was absolutely surprising on first watch because until that point pruning was erasure. It was death. Literally at no point during the whole series did we have ANY indication that "pruning" someone meant that they got teleported somewhere rather than just being actually erased like it was implied throughout the entire series. There were even posters on the walls of the TVA that talked about "deletion" and other similar things. It was always implied that it was meant to be a complete end to that being. They were erased from existence if they were pruned. Not just a simple death.

I know how much you love to pretend you are way ahead of the curve, but pretending you saw the teleportation thing coming is an outright lie. Stop it.

Last edited:
I'm not enjoying this show very much. But I like Mobius and Loki. The only characters I care about.
I, like everyone else, assumed pruning meant killing. And since I know Disney must be foaming at the mouth to sideline male Loki to promote the "superior" female Loki I assumed he was really gone for good. I was upset.

sol_bad

I mean, the real Loki is already dead. I wouldn't be surprised if this Loki is dead by end of season. I was just surprised it happened 2 episodes before the finale.

sol_bad

My goodness, that was an absolutely amazing episode with really nice sound production, definitely a big budget for this one. And again I yelled at the TV when it finished, I want moooaaar.
Lot's of little surprises and had no idea where the episode would go.
Very satisfied.

evolvaer

Banned
MCU has been incredible at creating content good enough to watch but doesn't affect or change the movies at all in any way.
Falcon gets his shield back, so his show ends him right back where the last movie puts him.
Bucky is a repentant winter soldier. Just like in the movies.
Scarlett Witch now has a name, scarlett witch...

They all get new suits. So i'm hedging my bets on the loki finale being something that's entertaining on first glimpse but does nothing to alter the course of the MCU.

MCU has been incredible at creating content good enough to watch but doesn't affect or change the movies at all in any way.
Falcon gets his shield back, so his show ends him right back where the last movie puts him.

They all get new suits. So i'm hedging my bets on the loki finale being something that's entertaining on first glimpse but does nothing to alter the course of the MCU.
I mean yes and no, Loki is setting up a multiverse, Wanda Vision created White Vision and set up for Wanda and Doctor Strange to be somewhat on par with each other. Falcon and Winter Soldier created a new Captain America as well as US Agent with Hydra undertones. There’s a lot being set up.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
As long as this is not just an elaborate way to write Hiddleston out of the MCU and replace him with a woman. I so tired of Hollywood trying to gender and race swap everything.

Nester99

Loki is dead in the mcu. If your theory is correct he will die at the end of this story. That seams unlikely.

Top Bottom