• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lollipop Chainsaw Remake Won’t Change Story or Aesthetics; Producer Clarifies the Developers Plans

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member
Lollipop-Chainsaw.jpg

Yasuda-san explained that the primary goal is to make the game available on modern platforms, not to make a new Lollipop Chainsaw game.

The original story will not be changed, and the same goes for the aesthetics of the game. The mention of a “more realistic look” was simply meant to indicate the use of more advanced rendering technology available in current consoles.

By the same token, Juliet’s character design will not be changed.

Yasuda-san also acknowledged that many fans may be worried about censorship. While Dragami Games has not talked with the platform holders just yet, they intend to negotiate with them to be able to make the game as close as possible to the original.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
if you seriously think a game called "lollipop chainsaw" about a hot cheerleader who wields a fucking chainsaw to fight her way out of a zombie apocalypse made by a japanese company is going to become "woke", you're clearly insane and have been watching too much thequartering

MayauMiao

A game I didn't buy because my PS3 got YLOD right around its release.

Hopefully a PC port will be available.

Saber

Gold Member
Nah...sorry, don't believe yah.

If Bayonetta is already creating an offended mode, theres no reason to believe this one will remain fully intact.

YukiOnna

Yeah this was a given as soon as they said Suda51 and Gunn aren't involved. Think of it more like a remaster since they are just aiming to make the game easier to access.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
So it's a remaster, not a full remake.

Everything he's saying makes it sound like a remaster.

Top Bottom