• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Looks like EA is adding Classic Dos Games to Steam

command-and-conquer-red-alert2.gif

Last edited:

Complistic

Oh hi good EA games.

Was the EA play subscription available on steam before? Did they just add that?

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa

Puscifer

Now if only they could rewind time and prevent all the studio closures, especially Bullfrog.
I was in the same office building in the Bay Area about 10 years ago as the Sim City studio, it was crazy to think how much great output they had. It was seriously depressing when they cleared out, I wish I would've said hi to someone there but I'm sure they'd have all thought I was trying to get a job or something lol.

bender

What time is it?
Sim City 3000 discount finally applied ($4.00 60% off). I'm guessing that is where the C&C games will land as well.

Chupanibre

Populous the Beginning was a good one. It probably sucks now, but when it was new... I have no idea how many hundreds of hours I spent in that game.

SGRU

Sim City 3000 and Red Alert 2 are two of my favourite games EVER.

I'll buy all of them just for showing support. I hope they doesn't need EA launcher crap.

T-Cake

It sounds like the new EA App is faring worse than Origin (my presumption with these games being added)

Last edited:

StereoVsn

I have most of these on EA : Origins and GoG already but it’s good to see these make to Steam. Might snag C&C games, Alpha Centauri and a few others. They are super cheap anyways.

SScorpio

Was that game actually good? I remember a lot of talk about it at release, but it just didn't...look good?
I enjoyed it. Though it will have become rough with age. It played like the earlier 3d GTAs, and it had Ubisoft style tower syncing. When you liberate an area it changes from black and white to color.

lem0n

Has anyone tried the Steam version of Sim City 3000 and can comment on possible resolutions? I know last time I played it on a modern machine I couldn't upscale it even close to my monitor's native resolution.

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
Now..do they Deck?
C&C Generals. Works, on Proton experimental

Populous the beginning. Works perfect, track pad, and can have native Res (1200x800)

Dungeon Keeper 2. Played laggy. Will have to mess around a bit more on my end

Populous 2, worked perfect. Looked like it ran a bit fast but maybe it did anyway? Haven't played it since the Amiga version..

That's all I've tested so far, I'm going back to Generals for a bit :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Top Bottom