• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Looks like EA is adding Classic Dos Games to Steam

Denton

Adding entire Command and Conquer collection is awesome, but where are my lovely remasters of Tiberian Sun and Red Alert 2, EA?

Command and Conquer remastered sold quite a lot of copies to warrant it.

Also, EA should put all NFS games on Steam starting with Road and Track Presents: The Need for Speed Special Edition

Hudo

but where are my lovely remasters of Tiberian Sun and Red Alert 2, EA?
I've been thinking about this at least once a week. I'm not kidding.

Jim Vesella said once that EA were happy with how C&C Remastered Collection sold. So I dunno what the issue is other than the rumors that they've lost the source code to the TibSun engine. But then again, they could just do it on the RA2 engine since that is just a modernized variant of the TibSun engine. But Vesella is currently busy with Respawn's/BitReactor's Star Wars strategy game...

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
C&C Generals. Works, on Proton experimental

Populous the beginning. Works perfect, track pad, and can have native Res (1200x800)

Dungeon Keeper 2. Played laggy. Will have to mess around a bit more on my end

Populous 2, worked perfect. Looked like it ran a bit fast but maybe it did anyway? Haven't played it since the Amiga version..

That's all I've tested so far, I'm going back to Generals for a bit :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Red Alert 2. Black screen on main menu. Nothing seemed to fix it :messenger_crying:

Zero hour. Lock up on loading screen, nothing worked. Will try more

Sim City 3000. Loads fine into main menu, can change options okay, freezes up during loading of map..

Dungeon Keeper 1. Works perfect but low resolution (It is an oldie after all)

Bit peeved about Sim City 3000 and C&C's. Will certainly be tinkering tomorrow.

Neon Xenon

Nice drop of games onto Steam from EA, I gotta admit.

I thought I was going insane where I thought I had already bought SimCity 3000: Unlimited and it was in my Steam library, but I guess I was thinking of the copy of the original version that I had when I was little. $1.99 (on sale) isn't bad, so maybe I'll pick it up, so long as it works right.

Eventually, I would like to see the Windows version of SimCity 2000: Special Edition on digital storefronts at some point, but I know that would take some extra technical effort because of the issues that game has running on modern systems. I have fond memories of playing SimCity 2000 SE on my family's first computer after I got the game for Christmas. And I'm still not sure what started this, but if the internet at my house ever went down, that game was among the first I would play; which only made the always online requirement of the SimCity reboot that killed the series extra funny to me.

Last edited:
SELL RED ALERT 2 ON IT'S OWN YOU BASTARDS!!

It has an individual price listed. I don't want the whole collection, I have the remasters of C&C1 and RA1, I have the other games (except Tiberian Sun) on Steam already. SELL ME RA2 YOU MONSTERS

amigastar

8SABpW5.png

Where's this? :messenger_crying:
I remember being totally excited for Black & White and then it came out and i've played it. Let's just say i never believed anything Peter Molyneux said after that anymore, lol.

Last edited:

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
I remember being totally excited for Black & White and then it came out and i've played it. Let's just say i never believed anything Peter Molyneux said after that anymore, lol.
I never really looked into what anything he was promising back then and I only knew of him from a few good Amiga games, probably some of the best ones really, Syndicate being one of them but.. I did like it for what is was, and it wernt bad.

I think he really came to light for me from Fable :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I thought that was quite a basic game.

Last edited:

Dazraell

Very nice, I bought some previously discounted C&C games and The Saboteur

8SABpW5.png

Where's this? :messenger_crying:

I believe there are some licensing issues preventing this from being sold. I remember a Noclip video where they were talking with someone from GOG who mentioned that distribution rights at EA and IP is owned by Microsoft, which creates some legal hoops as both of these companies would have to work together to bring B&W to sale

skit_data

Some sweet games here, I remember being very fascinated by Populous The Beginning. Might buy C&C Collection and the Populous games.

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
I believe there are some licensing issues preventing this from being sold. I remember a Noclip video where they were talking with someone from GOG who mentioned that distribution rights at EA and IP is owned by Microsoft, which creates some legal hoops as both of these companies would have to work together to bring B&W to sale
Microsoft?

84P3s3I.gif

They never fail to fuck something up!

C&C Generals. Works, on Proton experimental

Populous the beginning. Works perfect, track pad, and can have native Res (1200x800)

Dungeon Keeper 2. Played laggy. Will have to mess around a bit more on my end

Populous 2, worked perfect. Looked like it ran a bit fast but maybe it did anyway? Haven't played it since the Amiga version..

That's all I've tested so far, I'm going back to Generals for a bit :messenger_tears_of_joy:
I'm guessing with all of them, switching to a linux/proton version of dosbox will fix the problems up.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
For you Steam only gamers, The Crusader No Remorse/No Regret games arent there yet. They are on GOG. But if they show up on Steam one day, they are pretty good.

On GOG, they are $8 CDN and go on sale for like $3.

Top Bottom