• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lords of the Fallen Sold 900K Copies, with Half of Sales Being Deluxe Editions, and PlayStation Being Its Lead Platform

"We are satisfied with the sales results of Lords of The Fallen, but we make no secret that we had higher expectations in terms of revenue. However, it should be remembered that the second half of 2023 was set for a lot of competition between titles. The winners were the studios with the biggest titles, such as Spider-Man 2," Tyminski said.
The presentation stated that the company estimates that Lords of The Fallen has sold around 900,000 copies to date. The company estimates that 50 percent of sales came from the Delux version of the game.

CI Games said in a presentation that the game's development budget amounted to PLN 178 million and marketing budget to PLN 81.5 million.
Tyminski indicated that currently the game's largest sales channel is PlayStation. He reported that the conversion rate of Steam users who subscribed to the wish list for Lords of the Fallen and bought the game is about 10 percent.

"Games like Lords of The Fallen are longsellers(...). We will be monetizing this project for the next few years." - Tyminski said.

In a press release for its Q3 report, the company said its goal is to achieve $100 million in revenue over the next few years from the Lords of The Fallen game. (PAP Business).

GHG

The best of all the non from software souls likes.

Real Housewives Of Atlanta Nene GIF by Bravo TV

Shame about the performance on consoles and lower end PC hardware though.

Kurotri

Hmm..strange? What about this?

Anyway I also would've hoped for the game to be better, imo it had tons of potential, but it's just ehh. I hope they stick with it and learn from the feedback for an eventual sequel.

Hot5pur

Waiting for them to iron out all the bugs, probably will grab lies of P first.
Still souls-likes are very good and I'm glad more companies are going that route.
We just need a bloodborne sequel, that is still the absolute goat (shits all over Elden Ring, fight me).

Zathalus

I'd put Lies of P, Nioh 2, and Mortal Shell before Lords of the Fallen personally.

Most think Lies of P being the best non From of the lot.

The Lords of the Fallen roadmap does look quite impressive though.

hlm666

Platform with the worst refund practices is the largest platform for a game that released in a rough state, makes sense.

Is 10% wishlist conversion rate good or bad?

Darsxx82

That would be an interesting question to know.... Because in this case I would not be surprised if it was a negative rate since the unfortunate situation in which it was launched could have made many who were interested back away.

On PC it was practically unplayable. On consoles very similar and even on XSeries it was launched in an unplayable state and without a patch recognized by the Studio itself.

I could say that ~1 million is an even surprising figure given the circumstances. We will see in the long run how sales work but I think it is a great candidate for a Gpass and/or PS+ game in not too long.

Codes 208

Waiting for them to iron out all the bugs, probably will grab lies of P first.
Still souls-likes are very good and I'm glad more companies are going that route.
We just need a bloodborne sequel, that is still the absolute goat (shits all over Elden Ring, fight me).
Elden ring was really good, gotg for me so far

But yeah, (aside from maybe majoras mask), bloodborne is easily the goat for me. It was enough to convert me to playstation the same way halo converted me to xbox in the early 00’s

Last edited:

NoobSmog

Game had it's issues, but was pretty solid for what it was. Combat felt good, parry/dodge timing also good and the animations were good enough to react to the first time you see them which a lot of non FROM soulslikes are pretty terrible at. It also felt pretty unique instead of a direct clone and actually had a budget on par with FROM.

Again, the game had some issues like performance, mob density, and wasn't a huge fan of respawning mobs in the umbral. Sales don't seem great but I hope they get a shot at a 2nd game.

Hustler

The best of all the non from software souls likes.

Real Housewives Of Atlanta Nene GIF by Bravo TV

Shame about the performance on consoles and lower end PC hardware though.
I haven't played Lords of the Fallen, but I don't think many would agree with you.... Lies of P seems to be the overwhelming favorite this year. Eventually I'll play it, but having too much fun playing Lies of P and working on the Platinum.

GHG

I haven't played Lords of the Fallen, but I don't think many would agree with you.... Lies of P seems to be the overwhelming favorite this year. Eventually I'll play it, but having too much fun playing Lies of P and working on the Platinum.

Well see what you think once you get round to it. I genuinely think if LoTF didn't launch with performance issues (which still exist on console as far as I'm aware) then it would have been received more favourably. Honestly for these types of games, poor performance can be a game-breaker.

saintjules

I am almost at the end and it's really meh. Very generic, looks and runs like crap and the gameplay is not very deep (and most bosses are thrash mobs tbh)

Good for them, tho, they have a good basis for future games.

See, this is why seeing amount of sold copies posts don't mean much.

I mean, good on devs making their money back, but of the 900K, how many of these people are satisfied by what they played?

Last edited:

Metnut

Seems like they couldve polished this for 6-9 months and released in late spring 2024 and it’d have done better. They probably really needed the money though.

Game had it's issues, but was pretty solid for what it was. Combat felt good, parry/dodge timing also good and the animations were good enough to react to the first time you see them which a lot of non FROM soulslikes are pretty terrible at. It also felt pretty unique instead of a direct clone and actually had a budget on par with FROM.

Again, the game had some issues like performance, mob density, and wasn't a huge fan of respawning mobs in the umbral. Sales don't seem great but I hope they get a shot at a 2nd game.
Technically, this IS the second game. They're hoping for a third game now. If you factor in the Surge games, this is like the fourth attempt at this publisher trying to make a successful Souls-like.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
1 million suckers and I’m one of them.

Truly the biggest turd of 2023. Would rather speed run Gollum or walking dead for a year straight than play this abomination again.

NoobSmog

Technically, this IS the second game. They're hoping for a third game now. If you factor in the Surge games, this is like the fourth attempt at this publisher trying to make a successful Souls-like.
I don't think it has any of the same developers though, as far as I know. I played the original and both surge games, and this one is better than any of those 3.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Platform with the worst refund practices is the largest platform for a game that released in a rough state, makes sense.

Goes to show how much people really care about a refund policy, huh?

See, this is why seeing amount of sold copies posts don't mean much.

I mean, good on devs making their money back, but of the 900K, how many of these people are satisfied by what they played?

NAH man. Actually selling the game is the number one priority for a Publisher and dev. Afterwards, they hope you like it. This is a business first, art house second.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Hold on..... So this game only cost $45 million to make? And the marketing budget was $20 million!

So as of today they have made $50 million back after you take out the 30% cut that goes to the platform holders. That not bad considering the game has been out only 6 weeks.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Lies of p would disagree
Damn dude. You choose it over Lies of P?
Sloppy movement and lacks any modicum of originality.

Lies of P indeed.

I am now convinced gaf and lot of players are playing From Software games for the absolute wrong reasons. I finished Lies of P and I am half-way done with Lords, but Lords of the Fallen has factually the BEST level design out of all souls-likes in existence. Theres not even a contest. Hell, I'd even argue it's as good as Dark Souls. Lies of P is not even 25% of what Lords does in that aspect. Everything else from bosses, lore, story, mechanics they'are all OK, some better in certain regards, some worse, etc. I am pretty sure Lies of P is lauded due to how easy it is to run/performance-wise, because everything else it does, isnt that special. I'd give it extra points for its story/lore making more sense than the rest, but thats about it.

Last edited:

Lux R7

but Lords of the Fallen has factually the BEST level design out of all souls-likes in existence. Theres not even a contest. Hell, I'd even argue it's as good as Dark Souls.

i agree btw, the world is like a bigger Lordran in terms of level design.

Ogbert

1 million suckers and I’m one of them.

Truly the biggest turd of 2023. Would rather speed run Gollum or walking dead for a year straight than play this abomination again.
Hear hear.

Absolute bag of shit game. It’s impressive that you can put so much effort into such a unenjoyable mess.

Valt7786

Its amazing how divisive this game is. I for one loved it, performance issues aside theres a great game there.
The people in this topic throwing out nonsense saying its unplayable (as a game itself, not because of performance) or that fucking Gollum or Walking Dead dogshit is preferable astound me.

Lux R7

Its amazing how divisive this game is. I for one loved it, performance issues aside theres a great game there.
The people in this topic throwing out nonsense saying its unplayable (as a game itself, not because of performance) or that fucking Gollum or Walking Dead dogshit is preferable astound me.

yep, i can't say anything about the console experience but on pc this game is a lot of fun.

Portugeezer

The game deserved more, but it also launched with some performance issues so I can see why some people would hold off.

Ogbert

True. I’m probably being a touch hyperbolic.

It’s just so shamelessly derivative, I felt no goodwill towards the game. DS is so much better. I hated the way you got mobbed. It was as if the developers had said to themselves ‘how can we make sure this game isn’t enjoyable to play’.

Last edited:
Top Bottom