• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Loyal Xbox Gaf Fam- how are you feeling right now?

Xbox fam- whats your move going forward?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vyse

Gold Member
I’m a whore and thankfully have the ability to own all systems. I’m a fan of games and play them anywhere I wish. No allegiance to any specific brand, nor do I wish ill on any system. Love competition. Think it can bring out real creativity in gaming.

clarky

Gold Member

nintendo-0.jpg

mario-mario-depressed.gif
Nobody jumps to Nintendo, we are all already there my friend.

Last edited:
I'll never understand why my dumbass chose to stick with Xbox this console generation. Maybe it was their commitment to backwards compatibility that won me over, but I'm realizing that's meaningless if you don't have a successor console to carry on the legacy. I'm probably one of the few who still buys physical media for Xbox while maintaining a GamePass sub, but I'm I'm seriously reconsidering my stance here. I already own a PS5 so I may just transition future purchases to that platform starting with Metaphor. June is a big month for my choice of platform going forward...

Sticking with them for now.

Ozzie666

Xbox still doesn't understand building confidence through games and franchises. Ubisoft used to be really good at playing the long game and giving franchises time to build into something meaningful and releasing new titles at the start of generations.

Sometimes you need to take a break even game to build that base. Tango games is worth investing time and money in. Microsoft has over stayed their welcome and continues to mismanage game development left and right. Totally confused company, gamepass has really messed them up.

lem0n

Almost 20 years of mainly Xbox here.. I've moved almost exclusively to PC and PS5. I stuck around Xbox for my friends list but with that being a ghost town now I have transitioned away from the Series X. It's basically redundant with the PC as the only Xbox game I give a shit about now is Forza Horizon

Last edited:
I was already giving up on them but they lost me when they started talking about women with unrealistic proportions. Lol. After Hellblade2, they are done for me. Might join gamepass if the Lord's of the Fallen rumor is true.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Been on PC since 2018. I don't know if I qualify by the title of this thread, because I've always had both consoles, save a PS2...was too poor to afford more than one console at the time. But I made up with it by getting a backwards compatible PS3.

Still have a PS4 and Xbox One and XOX. This gen I opted for going balls to the wall for PC, though I bought an Xbox Series X when preorders became available...mainly because I couldn't get a PS5 when their preorders came available. Seem to remember Sony kinda dropping that bomb on us fairly sudden and I missed my opportunity and tried for months after to get one before just giving up and getting a 4090.

To answer the question of this thread...the news today doesn't really affect me as a consumer, I just feel really bad for those who lost their livelihood. If I ever do come back to console, this news will not determine what system I get as both Sony and Microsoft have shown their ass this gen.

harmonize

Console-wise I've been solely Xbox since buying the original in 2004 when Halo 2 released, I'm 100% switching to PC only by the end of the generation.

lachesis

I've been thru many downfalls of hardware makers (My beloved Sega, NEC etc) - so I feel pretty much nothing - they all come and go. Nothing new.

I had all xboxes except xbox one generation. For me, it’s a gamepass machine - and it gives me plenty of games with proper language support for my native language. Simple as changing the region. Never liked how language option is so limited on Sony, unless tou buy from foreign store front or import. So many text heavy games, I tend to play on gamepass if they are available.

Realistically though - I think I will become PC - Nintendo from now on.

The future games on PS5/Xbox - for what matters to me - are covered by PC, which I need one anyway to make a living.

Previous gen ones are also covered with a PS5 and XSX. Older ones are covered with my retro collection, and some emulation.

But I do love my OG Ninja Gaiden Black and NG2, Panzer Dragoon Orta at 4k 60fps, as well as many other bc titles. So I am keeping my XSX. But in the future? I am not sure if I need PS6 or another Xbox other than a PC and Nintendo.

I do like different hardwares - so I may get a next gen consoles, but they are much lower in priority list now.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Mehh, coming from an ex pro athlete who could be cut or traded or sent down to the minors at any moment these layoffs don't affect me if I like a brand or not

I still prefer Xbox hardware plus I love Gamepass and that hasn't changed

I would imagine if Redfall would have been an actual great game their jobs would have been safe and seems like HiFi Rush did not sell enough to keep them alive
No change with me either. I looked at which games the studio closed down made and I never played any of them.

Now if COD, Diablo, ES or Fallout get nuked from Activision or Bethesda, I'd be pissed.

MarkMe2525

I prefer the Xbox platform but I already have investments in both Nintendo's and Sony's ecosystem. I truthfully don't perceive the situation as doom and gloom like others. They still have huge investments in dev teams and they have a hardware team that makes cool stuff. When they announce what they have in the oven, I will consider it on its own merits and make a decision then. They may double down and come out with the baddest console of all time, but they could also shit the bed again. I don't put much stock in my speculation, so we will just have to wait and see.

Last edited:

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
No less than 9 anti ms/xbox threads on the front page alone. Feeling like this is an anti xbox forum.

As far as Xbox goes, the future is fine, assuming the studios start delivering on the games that have been in development the past 3-4 years. Hoping for some portable hardware.

Klayzer

No less than 9 anti ms/xbox threads on the front page alone. Feeling like this is an anti xbox forum.

As far as Xbox goes, the future is fine, assuming the studios start delivering on the games that have been in development the past 3-4 years. Hoping for some portable hardware.
Negative news about Xbox, shouldn't be talked about to spare your feelings. Maybe you can not participate, if it bothers you so much. It's almost like something just happened, for those threads to be created.

You probably should just take a break, before you have nervous breakdown or get banned for victim complex bullshit.

lordrand11

Sticking with my One X and current games I've got, PC, and Switch rn, PS5 is a SP only system for me and all of those are being ported to a better platform, why tf would I buy them for the console.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Negative news about Xbox, shouldn't be talked about to spare your feelings. Maybe you can not participate, if it bothers you so much. It's almost like something just happened, for those threads to be created.

You probably should just take a break, before you have nervous breakdown or get banned for victim complex bullshit.

This is a thread asking how xbox fans are feeling, and you are on me for answering honestly? Your just proving my point.

If you check out other forums, there are 2 or three threads that are negative about ms/xbox, not 9.

Lol at nervous breakdown and victim complex bullshit. You really couldn't have proven my point more, anyone who says anything pro ms/xbox is a boot licker, overreacting, or a victim, what bs.

Havoc2049

Just like with Atari and Sega, I'm in with Xbox till the bitter end. 🤣

I've always been a PC/Computer gamer, so I always have that to fall back on if my console of choice isn't doing that well.

I've never felt the need to be with the cool/popular console. Fuck all that fanboy drama. As long as I can find some games that look cool to me and fun to play, I'll be there.

Last edited:
Meh, I'll still end up buying all consoles anyway so won't be jumping anywhere.

I know some people get satisfaction from owning one console and deathriding the others. Like sport I guess ...

Alan Wake

For me this started years ago. It's a combination of things. The obvious route away from physical media. Studio acquisitions not resulting in good games (or anything at all for that matter). Promises not kept. Xbox franchises being handled really badly, Halo Infinite being just one example. Game after game just happening to end up in development hell. And last year, when Starfield did nothing to move the needle for Xbox and Microsoft apparently stopped caring about selling consoles anymore and starting to move games over to competing platforms, I saw the end of the road.

Xbox has been my primary platform for 22 years and I have been buying tons of games for these system, but now I am buying games for my PS5 instead. I still like my Series X, but I see no reason to ever buy an Xbox again.

Roberts

Was never a particularly big fan of Microsoft - had enough around 2010 when I jumped from PC to Mac for work purposes and never really looked back. Xbox is another matter. At the beginning It was an anomaly, like Val Kilmer in Real Geniuses. Brilliant, weird, kind of unpredictable and really stuck out from the corporate culture of their overlords. I always prefered their games to stuff from other consoles. They had their ups and downs, but my xbox library grew when other consoles I owned mostly collected dust. For this reason and the general lack of free time, recently xbox has become my only console. That said, it really feels like everything I liked about xbox is becoming a thing of the past and that bums me out, because the future of xbox looks like the future of microsoft.

But who am I kidding, I will get the next xbox they day it comes out. At least I will get to play my old favourites on it.

WoJ

I like Xbox. It's been my primary platform since I got back into gaming in 2009. But at this point I suspect the Series X is my last xbox console. I've got a lot invested in the ecosystem, and xbox physical games tend to discount super cheap. I'll pick up stuff cheap for xbox where I can, but Playstation is going to be where I spend most time now.

I'm also debating going to PC which I've never done before. But it's looking more and more appealing based on the current state of consoles.

lockdown2222

Neo Member
Where’s the option to just stay with all consoles and PC? I’ll just continue with my three consoles, switch, PS5, and XSX, as well as my gaming pc. I’m built for a gaming drought.

stn

It depends, honestly. I love the XSX, and XBox in general, but I'm not sure how much I'll want to buy the next console if it doesn't have any exclusive games. PS has had the much better exclusives for a while now, since PS4.

Holammer

Makes too much sense in a way, there aren't any "real" games on the system to speak of. Your latest COD, Battlefield, Siege, GTA & all the EA sports games.
Stuff the majority of players, the dirty casuals play. Kids play Roblox & Fortnite and Nintendo is not the platform for that.

Series S was the first Xbox console I ever bought, and it’s cause I got it for $150 and thought it would have some console exclusives . . . (that I’d want to buy)

AJUMP23

Gold Member
You should work for Xbox.

I would take the opportunity to affect change and lead xbox back to the days of j Allard and suit coat hoodie with cool tent pole game.

I would greenlight an uncharted style game, Call it Treasure Raider.

Get a 3rd person action game in a apocalyptic future, Cross Europe with the cure to a virus, Greece to England, Call it First of them.

Driving is good, tighten it up a little.

and some FPS games.

A Good Halo Writer. I would hire the original Mass Effect Writer for Halo

get a cool Japanese RPG.....dump a ton of money on Square to get FF7.

I'll always buy them all, while quietly seething that I have to, because I don't want to miss out on anything. I've never been more hopeful though that such nonsense will come to an end soon.

If I buy something available on multiple platforms I'll always buy it on either Xbox or PC because they are more trustworthy with access to my library down the line. Play Anywhere should be the norm though. Once I buy something (digitally) I should be able to play it on any platform it is available on.

skyfinch

It sucks. Here is my videogame history. I started off with the Apple Pippin, then Virtual Boy, then Ngage, then Google Stadia.

After all those failures, I promised myself I will never be on the losing team ever again. My friend wanted me to buy his PS5....I literally kicked him upside the ass and stole his Series S. I just bought Redfall and thought, a sequel or remake would be sick!

So now I'm sitting here, patiently waiting for Forspoken and Foamstars port announcement in June. If they don't announce it, I'm fucked!

Robb

Gold Member
I don’t have any nostalgia or goodwill towards MS, so I have no strong feelings. I bought a Series X and I’ve been very happy with it and GamePass.

But if they continue to release their titles on PlayStation I’ll naturally just get a PlayStation and play both Sony/MS games in one place.

Last edited:

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
It sucks. Here is my videogame history. I started off with the Apple Pippin, then Virtual Boy, then Ngage, then Google Stadia.

After all those failures, I promised myself I will never be on the losing team ever again. My friend wanted me to buy his PS5....I literally kicked him upside the ass and stole his Series S. I just bought Redfall and thought, a sequel or remake would be sick!

So now I'm sitting here, patiently waiting for Forspoken and Foamstars port announcement in June. If they don't announce it, I'm fucked!
I Dont Believe You Will Ferrell GIF

Top Bottom