• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Crysis 2 Remastered

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
EGS_Crysis2Remastered_Crytek_S1_2560x1440-fd507ed73e95770a3fe990ee78e3012f

This is originally a 2011 game that was remastered in 2021.

The game like the first one revolves around “nano suits” and fighting an ancient alien species.

Crysis’ identity is it’s good graphics which has thousands of memes

4csdnsu5l8v41.jpg

Your suit gives you abilities but they feel underwhelming.

Long story short to me I think people should experience crysis but at the same time it’s not on the same level as cod or halo.

Fake

I was expected a remastered using the lastest Cryengine version, but what I got is the same 'update' Cryengine 3, not to mention a terrible inconscistense into music playback. My Xbox 360 runs the music without any issue and the game never crashed only single time, while the remaster crash a couple of times. Never adressed.

After I got the remaster collection, by the quality of the remaster, I have little hope for Crysis .

Hugare

I love the original game. Finished it many times on the PS3 and PC later on. Very well optimized for the time too.

The original has its own charm, but Crysis 2 was my jam with the wide-linear levels and NY backdrop. The story sucked, but its Crysis. You shouldnt expect much.

About the remaster, it was a great effort. They added DLSS and RT, and ray tracing really improved the game a lot. Its not just reflections, but GI, really adding to the atmosphere.

Chiggs

Just recently bought the Remastered Trilogy on Steam. Jumped right in to Crysis 2 and was amazed by how phenomenal it looks.

Buggy Loop

Remastered trilogy was on sales recently on steam so i bought it, haven't had time to play it yet though.

But Crysis 2 original by itself was amazing. Mastering the nano abilities, made the fps very visceral and you feel like a killing machine. I don't think many games have top'd it in a purely mechanic sense, all skills just helped make you even more badass.

Top Bottom