• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Luigi's Mansion 2 is coming to Nintendo Switch Next Year | Nintendo Direct

Yes!! Can’t wait

This game deserves an audience bigger than it had stuck on 3DS. I found the controls to be very unintuitive

Sojiro

Great game! Not sure if I will grab it unless there is new stuff added to it since I have it on my 3DS.

amigastar

I've played the original on 3DS but the saving system was so weird i didn't continue. You basically don't know when the game saves.

Holammer

Hard to tell from such a short clip, but it looks like it lacks the visual shader extravagaaaaaanza of LM3.
A relatively straight port of the 3DS version?

This one is just being sent out to die, absolute weakest of the series and with no 3D gimmick there is nothing special about this game.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I'm not expecting this one be as good as 3rd game since this one is much more mission structured from I can remember.

Gambit2483

Hopefully they can do this in the same graphics style (or close) as Luigi's Mansion 3...It needs to at least be 60fps

jcorb

"Visually enhanced" but the framerate is still as terrible as ever 🤡
Yeah, I definitely noticed that. Hopefully they can clean that up, because Dark Moon (as best I can remember) was actually super ambitious!

I'll still always have a fondness for the original, as I like the ghosts all being much more unique.

Also, I wouldn't mind if after beating the game, if you could actually roam around the mansion(s) in each game and appreciate them in the daylight.

swarley64

I played the 3DS game back in the day. It was ok. There’s a lot of other games I’d want them to remaster before this one.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
Possibly the best game in the series. It runs circles around the weak, boring original, and it’s more straightforward and less gimmicky than 3. If you favor gameplay over presentation, LM2 is the best hands-down.

Bridges

But why 2 and not the superior 1?

Or both??
Exactly what I thought. 1 is leagues above 2. They should've brought both over.

1 still looks amazing to this day, visually ahead of its time, especially for a launch game. Dark Moon is fine but it lacks all of the charm of the first.

Codes 208

Exactly what I thought. 1 is leagues above 2. They should've brought both over.

1 still looks amazing to this day, visually ahead of its time, especially for a launch game. Dark Moon is fine but it lacks all of the charm of the first.
Plus the level to level system didnt work well for a luigis mansion game. I was happy that 3 went back to the classic floor to floor (without being zapped back to e.gadd’s every five minutes)

Bridges

Plus the level to level system didnt work well for a luigis mansion game. I was happy that 3 went back to the classic floor to floor (without being zapped back to e.gadd’s every five minutes)
That was the worst part! Completely killed the sense of exploration and connectivity the first one had.

I still haven't opened my copy of 3 but I've heard it's better than 2.

peronmls

What about Ocarina of Time 3D or Majoras Mask 3D. I don't understand Nintendo's choices sometimes.

Last edited:
Top Bottom