• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Release dates announced for Thousand Year Door Remake and Luigi Mansion 2 HD port

Holammer

Mario RPG was censored for the western release. I'm sure Treehouse will do a once-over.
The original had some censorship outside Japan, some which still contributes to a lot of confusion. Which reminds me, we're going to see a lot of Vivian is trans discussion again.

... oh joy.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
Anyway, now we know Luigi releases in June, we have zero news about Nintendo’s output after the summer.
If they don’t have a Direct announcing a big game for the holidays, they pretty much have to announce Switch 2 in fall for a spring release… or so logic would dictate.

Anyway, now we know Luigi releases in June, we have zero news about Nintendo’s output after the summer.
If they don’t have a Direct announcing a big game for the holidays, they pretty much have to announce Switch 2 in fall for a spring release… or so logic would dictate.
if it doesnt launch til 2025 they wont do much at all about it til 2025, in order to prop up Switch sales as much as possible thru the holidays for it's last hurrah. We got a tiny teaser of Switch October 2016 and it launched in early March, but Wii U was commercially dead by then, so it didn't matter when they announced it. With Switch still being so popular, they aren't likely to do that this time around.

They could simply say to appease investors "a next-generation successor to the Switch is planned for release by March 2025, but we will not release any more details about it until after the end of the year". I honestly would not expect much more than that. I know, it's a bummer, but it's very likely to be how they handle it.

Last edited:
shame they didnt bring back 3d all stars for mario day maybe it will reapear in the future. mario galaxy 2 please :)
Dude I literally thought the same thing. Like, for real, give us a limited-time Galaxy 2 port for $30. Instant million-seller.

Honestly, I could see them doing it in the fall to help fill in the calendar to get through the holidays. A re-print of 3D All-Stars and this time with Galaxy 2 added in, $69.99. And availably seperately on the eShop through March 2025, something like that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom