• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Luigi's Mansion 3 |OT|: I'm Here For The Boos!

How is the DLC? I'm tempted to get this on cart, but I don't see Nintendo doing another production run just for the DLC content. They didn't do it for Splatoon 2.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Just made it to the 14th floor. I wont forgive myself for postponing this game for couple of months!

The game keeps on getting better and better
Yap, this game was awesome and so glad to see how well its selling.

mcjmetroid

Ok I'm late to this but I'm on about floor 9 and it's fantastic. One of the best Switch games easily. I think it controls like a dream( with the don't turn control setup) and a far far better game than the first.

This how you do a sequel. I love when Nintendo releases ambitious games. It's rare but it does happen.

Last edited:

HotPocket69

Banned
LTTP on this but this game is the most fun I’ve had with the Switch since Odyssey. It’s also one of the best looking games I’ve seen this gen and arguably the best looking game on the console. The lighting alone is some of the best out there.

Initially I avoided the game due to lack of inverted Y controls, but I was able to adapt immediately using the gyro for my vertical aiming and the right stick for horizontal while keeping turning on for sucking and blowing 😏

DF is right about the CG comparisons. Some of the animations are jaw dropping, like watching Gooigi pulling around something heavy after attaching the suction shot to it.

Granted, I’m only on the 3rd floor security guard boss and I haven’t reached any of the frustrating parts (and who knows, maybe I’ll breeze right through them) but I’m having an absolute blast. Would’ve def been on my GOTY list had I played it late last year.

xcgNOxh.jpg

LTTP on this but this game is the most fun I’ve had with the Switch since Odyssey. It’s also one of the best looking games I’ve seen this gen and arguably the best looking game on the console. The lighting alone is some of the best out there.

Initially I avoided the game due to lack of inverted Y controls, but I was able to adapt immediately using the gyro for my vertical aiming and the right stick for horizontal while keeping turning on for sucking and blowing 😏

DF is right about the CG comparisons. Some of the animations are jaw dropping, like watching Gooigi pulling around something heavy after attaching the suction shot to it.

Granted, I’m only on the 3rd floor security guard boss and I haven’t reached any of the frustrating parts (and who knows, maybe I’ll breeze right through them) but I’m having an absolute blast. Would’ve def been on my GOTY list had I played it late last year.

xcgNOxh.jpg
My goty last year. Beautiful game with so much attention to detail!

Last edited:

Moogle11

Banned
Figured I'd bump this instead of making a LTTP thread. Just finished this up a bit ago. Started Xmas week as I'd bought it to have something new to play on Switch while out of town for 10 days. Made good progress then but had been hit or miss on chipping away at it once back home and playing mostly on the TV with Pro controller (way better looking and controlling that way). Hadn't played much of the series, just a little of Dark Moon on 3DS that I didn't like much (found it obtuse and constantly couldn't figure out where to go/what to do next and the controls sucked).

As a whole, I really liked it despite it not being my usual cup of tea in some aspects as I'm not big on puzzles or collect-a-thon stuff. This had a ton of charm and was mostly not frustrating other than a couple bosses I couldn't figure out an had to look up. Only real gripe was the back tracking in 2 or 3 parts as I'm never a fan of that and preferred just progressing through the very unique floors without having to revisit anything. Took me around 16 hours to finish. Got a C rank and missed a ton of Gyms and didn't find any boos. Not going back for any of that as I don't like hunting for things and I've had my fill of the game.

Solid 8.5/10 type game for me. Didn't turn me into a huge fan of the series, but I'm glad I played it and will most likely pick up a sequel down the road at/near launch.

D.Final

Banned
Figured I'd bump this instead of making a LTTP thread. Just finished this up a bit ago. Started Xmas week as I'd bought it to have something new to play on Switch while out of town for 10 days. Made good progress then but had been hit or miss on chipping away at it once back home and playing mostly on the TV with Pro controller (way better looking and controlling that way). Hadn't played much of the series, just a little of Dark Moon on 3DS that I didn't like much (found it obtuse and constantly couldn't figure out where to go/what to do next and the controls sucked).

As a whole, I really liked it despite it not being my usual cup of tea in some aspects as I'm not big on puzzles or collect-a-thon stuff. This had a ton of charm and was mostly not frustrating other than a couple bosses I couldn't figure out an had to look up. Only real gripe was the back tracking in 2 or 3 parts as I'm never a fan of that and preferred just progressing through the very unique floors without having to revisit anything. Took me around 16 hours to finish. Got a C rank and missed a ton of Gyms and didn't find any boos. Not going back for any of that as I don't like hunting for things and I've had my fill of the game.

Solid 8.5/10 type game for me. Didn't turn me into a huge fan of the series, but I'm glad I played it and will most likely pick up a sequel down the road at/near launch.
It's a really charming game

Cutty Flam

Banned
I remember getting the Nintendo Gamecube day one along with Luigi's Mansion. A friend of mine and I pitched in. He beat the game in two days and I beat a few days or so after that

Haven't played Luigi's Mansion 2: Dark Moon but Luigi's Mansion 3 has come a long way from the first one. Favorite rooms are definitely the Unnatural History Museum, Tomb Suites, and the Fitness Center

Aldric

I somehow stopped playing this game a year or so ago, went back and again im enjoying it so much. Im on level 7. Good ones still ahead I guess? Its already one of my favourite Switch games.
Floor 8 is the best level in the game and one of the best video game levels of the decade. The rest of the game isn't as great but still very solid. You're in for a good time.

Top Bottom