• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden PSP in motion

newsguy

Love the animations. Also love how it says "Dolphins march up the field in this clip" and the clip ends with a 4 and 25 situation.

DMczaf

newsguy said:
Love the animations. Also love how it says "Dolphins march up the field in this clip" and the clip ends with a 4 and 25 situation.

And people say Madden isnt the most realistic football simulation :p

yodathesoda said:
Good find, looks MUCH better.

I wonder how it's going to do???

Coming out a month later than all the other versions. You think people would only buy one, but I guess we'll find out.

I do think it's guaranteed that it will be the overall best selling PSP game behind Liberty City, at least until GT4: Mobile hits.

DMczaf

Xbox/PS2 Madden 06 - August

PSP Madden 06 - Sept

X360 Madden - November

Who needs Godfather when you can average almost 1 Madden release per month from August til the end of the year!

Ristamar

This thread has made me ponder how many people use the default camera in NBA Live and how many use the "Sideline" camera akin to the PS/N64 incarnations. I always preferred the side view for Live.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
JoshuaJSlone said:
The IGN screens in the other thread were exactly 480x272.

But IM(humble)O they looked like they were blown up to that res.... I'm not just talking about the Madden thread though... we've seen it with many of the PSP titles preview pics. I don't believe the shortcuts in polygon counts are going to be that visible on the real screen... hell I could be wrong though.

Sanjuro

From the default camera angle its fine, when you see the players from side angles you can notice a bit of the ugliness. Definatley not bad though for 1st attempt......

But yet this is EA so.."Definatley not bad though for last attempt" *FIXED

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
DarienA said:
But IM(humble)O they looked like they were blown up to that res.... I'm not just talking about the Madden thread though... we've seen it with many of the PSP titles preview pics. I don't believe the shortcuts in polygon counts are going to be that visible on the real screen... hell I could be wrong though.

If it looks blown up, it likely has to do with your monitor resolution.

My PC right now is running at 1680x1050, so PSP shots are VERY tiny looking. At lower resolutions, they look a bit larger than they should...which highlights the defects.

Drey1082

Those videos look pretty good to me. It's a handheld game and it looks pretty close in quality to ps2 maddens. I'm sold.

Barrage

The graphics of Madden 2002 with the gameplay of Madden 2003? Fuck that.

Now the graphics of Madden '97 withbrand new gameplay? YEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS.

P.S.-DM, do ya know Madden '06 DS' release date?

DMczaf

Barrage said:
P.S.-DM, do ya know Madden '06 DS' release date?

August 9th, I just put PS2/Xbox because those are the 2 top selling Madden SKUs.

PS2/Xbox/GC/DS/PC come out August 9th.

Unison

That's still pretty damn ugly... I really hope those pauses are ironed out for the sake of you football fans. It seems to pause before and after each play is called. Tiger Woods PSP pulled this same bullshit, defaulting to a gray loading screen before and after each player animation, and I found it totally unbearable.

Top Bottom