• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MAF CD o The Week

Status
Not open for further replies.
buh buh buh here we go:

B000005RQQ.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Sarah McLachlan: Rarities, B-Sides, and Other Stuff

I may be a big fan, but im not kidding when I say this cd is a must own. Aside from two tracks I dont agree with, this is a solid album that helps make up for the somewhat samey nature of Afterglow while appealing to those who loved the variety in Surfacing/Fumbling Towards Ecstacy.

First off, the remix of Vox is fucking amazing, I used to not like this song at all but now its awesome. The Fire remix works VERY will since Fire lends itself to the dance beat way more than the Possession Remix which I feel is the worst track on the cd. A lot of the passion of the song is lost when its glued to the weird dance funk. Overall thumbs down on that track. Never been a fan of Shelter, no different with the remix. The Fear remix is AWESOME, but I loved the song to begin with.

Gloomy Sunday, a song also performed by Sarah Brightman is good, but I feel its done better by Brightman. Gloomy Sunday by McLachlan seems to wander a bit more than I would like. The live performance of Drawn to the Rythm is a pleasure to listen to and reminds me why solace is such an important album. Its also nice to have a cd with I Will Remember You on it. Granted, the single cd for Surfacing had this track, but who the hell buys those?

Badass CD, worth owning fuqers. Sure, its not 20 something shaved head punks screaming their beer breath into a mic for effect, but music as an art needs to be appreciated from every angle. ASSHOLES.

All in all, a must for fans of Sarah M.

Alucard

Banned
I'm seeing her live this Friday. I don't actually own any of her cds but a friend of mine wanted someone to go with so I thought "why not?" Should be a nice and relaxing time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom