• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Making an "Educational" video, need your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrEvil

not a medical professional
Hey there. I'm working on a sort of cheesy 50s style educational video for an orientation i'm speaking at for the first year's coming into my college program. The program is MULTIMEDIA DESIGN AND PRODUCTION, so a lot of web, and print stuff to give you an idea.

Anyways, we're putting together a short video with some do's and dont's in how to succeed. What I have so far is included below. I'm looking for one or two more ideas (perhaps more if you guys are funny), so a few guide rules here for coming up with any:

1) We have access to a classroom, but NOT to a teacher or a class. keep that in mind
2) Keep it within the realm of realism, I have a week to shoot and edit this, and no extravegent explosions or anything that would require huge set up time or props etc.

so with that said, here goes nothin:

------------------------------------

MULTIMEDIA DESIGN AND PRODUCTION: THE DO’S AND DON’Ts TO SUCCESS

An “educational” film by Dean Bergmann

PREFACE:
The style of this short film is to be emulating those old 50s, 60s and 70s educational films that are just so ridiculously lame that they’re funny, yet still somewhat informative. – Either this will be black and white, or very cheesy 70s style colour.

FADE IN FROM BLACK TO FIGURE IN SUIT INFRONT OF CHALKBOARD
Hello boys and girls, and welcome to this informative video. Today you will learn a very strict set of do’s and don’ts for this program, multimedia design and production, that you have chosen.

So sit back, relax and enjoy these helpful tips for success.

FADE TO BLACK

VOICE OVER
Tip number one. Prioritize. Set out a plan for all your projects, set time aside to work on them and set goals for yourself to get them done by a certain date.

FADE IN ON a kid watching TV and eating chips.
VOICE OVER: JOHNNY, Have you gotten your website design finished yet?
Johnny shakes his head no.
VOICE OVER: JOHNNY, Isn’t that due tomorrow?
Johnny Shakes his head yes.
VOICE OVER: JOHNNY, When are you going to do it?
Johnny Shrugs.

EIGHT HOURS LATER

CUT TO A shot of Johnny sleeping at his computer.
VOICE OVER: Did you finish your design Johnny?
Johnny Nods yes
VOICE OVER: Good Johnny, Lets see how you did
Johnny Smiles

A big red F comes on the screen

FADE IN ON a kid watching TV and eating chips.
VOICE OVER: JOHNNY, Have you gotten your website design finished yet?
Johnny Shakes his head yes.
VOICE OVER: Good Job Johnny! What are you going to do tonight?
Johnny points over off screen, Camera pans over to a girl looking obviously horny.

IF YOU PROCRASTINATE, YOU WILL FAIL.

Voice Over:
Tip number two: Always make three back-ups of your work. It is no excuse if your computer crashes and you lose all your work!

Fade in on Johnny working in Photoshop, with STARRY NIGHT on the screen

VOICE OVER: What a masterpiece Johnny, Have you saved that three times?
Johnny shakes his head no

Someone involved in the production of the film, runs into frame and pulls the plug on the computer
Johnny Frowns
Fade out

Fade in on Johnny working in Photoshop, with STARRY NIGHT on the screen (identical as before, same footage)

VOICE OVER: What a masterpiece Johnny, Have you saved that three times?
Johnny shakes his head no
VOICE OVER: You might want to do that Johnny, anything can happen!
Johnny Smiles and holds up three CDs marked STARRY NIGHT
VOICE OVER: Good work Johnny
Cut to footage of Johnny getting mugged and someone stealing his CD, a CD getting run over, and then back to Johnny, looking almost dead holding his one copy left.
VOICE OVER: Aren’t you glad you made three copies?
Johnny Nods in agreement

IF YOU DO NOT FOLLOW THE THREE COPY RULE, YOU WILL DIE.
Fade Out

Tip number three: Don’t get distracted by your own work.

Fade in on a closed door, seemingly at night, light shining through from underneath
There are noises, reminiscent of self pleasuring – the door swings open to see Johnny crouched over panting hard.

Voice over: JOHNNY, Are you hard at work?
Johnny falls off his chair in embarrassment.
Camera cuts to a view of his screen, Photoshop is open with a very badly photoshopped head on a model’s body.

Fade out

Fade in on a closed door, seemingly at night, light shining through from underneath. There are noises, reminiscent of self pleasuring – the door swings open to see Johnny crouched over panting hard.

Voice Over: JOHNNY, Are you hard at work?
Johnny reveals his keyboard and mouse. And nods his head yes
Camera cuts to a view of his screen, Photoshop is open with a very well done Photoshop of his head on a female model’s body.

Johnny turns to the camera and gives the thumbs up.

MASTURBATION IS COUNTERPRODUCTIVE

---------------------------------------

So, I need a few more ideas... feel free to get creative, you'll be credited in the video if you so desire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom