• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Man stops at In-N-Out drive thru during police chase

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalek

Man stops at In-N-Out drive thru during police chase

adkins-innout_1477601567248_2210914_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

CHANDLER, Ariz. (KSAZ) - A man is in custody after leading police on a bizarre chase into the east Valley on Wednesday night.

Phoenix police began following the suspect in Phoenix and the pursuit continued into the east Valley, but it took a bizarre turn when the suspect stopped at an In-N-Out Burger restaurant's drive-thru near Priest and Ray Roads in Chandler.

The suspect appeared to order food, but then drove away and got out of his pickup truck near Rock Wren Way and Ray Road.

He then ran into a backyard and tried to get into a house through the back door. When he couldn't get inside the home, the suspect surrendered to police and was taken into custody.

According to jail records, 35-year-old Joshua Adkins was booked on suspicion of unlawful flight from law enforcement, aggravated assault-domestic violence and unlawful imprisonment.

Video at the link.
Animal Style me if old.

Ponn

Banned
He might have been trying to throw them off they weren't directly behind him. Like he had a sudden thought "Maybe if I quick turn into this drive thru they will miss me or not notice me" type thing. The alternative of him just wanting a burger during a chase is much funnier though so i'm going with that.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I've never seen an empty In-N-Out drive-through.

That isn't even the craziest Arizona police chase story. I remember watching the news and it had some guy stop at the gas station, run into the store for cigarettes. He somehow got them and made it back to his car even though he had squad cars right behind him.

Hey, sometimes you just really want a burger.

"In'n'out... thats what a hamburger is... alllll about!"

F11lQ26.jpg

although I prefer my double double animal style protein style, where they wrap it in lettuce instead of a bun.

Maybe he realized there was no escaping the authorities, so he decided to grab one last tasty meal before being stuck with shitty prison food.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
It'll never not be funny to me that you guys really don't get that there is, in fact, a Simpsons moment for EVERYTHING.
There has to be an exception somewhere, right? I mean, I know there's a Simpsons .gif for everything, but it can't truly be everything, can it?

Plum

That isn't even the craziest Arizona police chase story. I remember watching the news and it had some guy stop at the gas station, run into the store for cigarettes. He somehow got them and made it back to his car even though he had squad cars right behind him.

That's literally what happened in a movie I saw a few weeks back (Tresspass Against Us is the name, was alright)

Guess reality is as strange, or stranger than fiction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom