• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

many great games TOTK still my true game of the year

Muffdraul

It took me a month and a half to finish it back when it came out, and I never did find every cave or every Addison sign simp. Such a humongous game with too much to do, I was extremely burned out by the time I finally took on the final boss and saw the ending. Last week I reached the point where I felt like I'd gone enough distance that I was starting to forget bits and pieces, so I started my first re-play from scratch last week before the holiday. Played it for almost four days straight, took about 8 hours off to actually interact w/ my family on Thanksgiving. Loving it just as much the second time around. Definitely my goty 2023.

But I know Baludur's Gate 3 is going to win. God I loathe games like that. Never played a WRPG that I didn't think sucked shit. I suppose I got all of that stuff out of my system by playing actual pencil & paper AD&D for several years starting in 1980.

Last edited:

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
My personal GOTY is Alan wake 2, but the game that deserves it the most is absolutely TOTK.

This thing shits excellence every damn second you engage with it. Nintendos opus magnum.

Crayon

I hardly got to get into this. It came out the day before I went on a trip and I played a few hours on the plane. Then I came back with a shit load of old handheld games and was goofing around with those for like a month. Then a few games jumped the line since then. I bounced off both this and elden (just like 6 months ago tried it for the first time) with about 20 hours in each. Idk just haven't been in the mood for either.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum

3a74d1fd349faac8fdad7bb43158a57645ca8a51.gif

Top Bottom