• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario is so great!!!

Shantae

Banned
He must have been banned at Era and saw how awesome it is here and regretted his decision :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy:
That's the way it goes...progressiveness in it of itself is not a bad thing, but those nut-jobs take it too far and are in the realm of a fucking cult. Some good people just get caught up in the moment.

As far as I have noticed, some can come back if they have seen the light and are mature enough to have a discussion and make a case. Which is fair enough, we've had many solid members return that post good content.
That's kind of my story too, even though I never did fit in with Era because I always thought Zoe Quinn was an attention seeking nutcase, so I was always walking on eggshells. Whether or not I make good content on here though is up for debate still, lol.

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned
You gonna let em back? I mean, I believe in second chances, but that's your call.

He shouldn’t, imo. This guy thumping his chest and jumping on the SJW dogpile (as always), spuriously making the actual claim that someone is a rapist, then trying to weasel back in, is pretty pathetic/detestable.

Imagine that was you? How would you feel?

This one should just be point and laugh.

Sometimes you have to own the consequences of the shit you do, especially when you’re not even a little bit apologetic.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I don't remember him. No idea if he was a good poster or not.

But yeah, that doesnt age well. Calling someone a rapist is pretty vile. Worse than a lot of the meltdowns at the time.

S

slugbahr

Unconfirmed Member
images_5.jpg

-Arcadia-

Banned
Seems like the new want to come back to the old and slowly turn it into what it used to be. Hopefully that doesn't happen.

The mod team, and entire system for accountability, transparancy, and appeals seem in a really good place right now. That’s a big help. These SJW takeovers always start from the inside, near the top.

I am concerned that if enough Reeeturnees make their way here, conversations could flip from sanity to insanity, by sheer force of numbers. If someone can’t even choke out a half reasonable statement, before getting dogpiled by people putting words in their mouth and making weasel arguments, that has a similar effect.

It’s why I think people should start receiving more warnings, and eventually bans, for clear and repeated cases of disingenuous arguing. Don’t ban on ideology, no matter how misguided, but do ban on methods.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
I don't know what happened more than Google has told me. Is the whole thing in 2017 allowed talking about here?
Yes, but this would be the thread to discuss and/or read up on the ongoing circus show:

Virex

Banned
The mod team, and entire system for accountability, transparancy, and appeals seem in a really good place right now. That’s a big help. These SJW takeovers always start from the inside, near the top.

I am concerned that if enough Reeeturnees make their way here, conversations could flip from sanity to insanity, by sheer force of numbers. If someone can’t even choke out a half reasonable statement, before getting dogpiled by people putting words in their mouth and making weasel arguments, that has a similar effect.

It’s why I think people should start receiving more warnings, and eventually bans, for clear and repeated cases of disingenuous arguing. Don’t ban on ideology, no matter how misguided, but do ban on methods.
It's slowly happening on the poster side and not the mod side. I've been having a look at many new accounts and the way they posts and reply to other users. And it seems like it could be a lot of Era posters coming back. I could be wrong. But as I said I've had a close look at many new accounts and how they behave.

Last edited:

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I think people should be welcomed back here if they've realized the era of their ways.
The OP admitted to barely posting here yet still felt the need to cry for attention and jump on someone over allegations. It's one thing to feel uncomfortable posting here at the time because you have no idea if the aforementioned allegations are true or not, it's another to join the lynch mob and shit all over someone publicly in hopes of getting some brownie points.

As far as I'm concerned, we don't need anymore of that kind of brainless, sheep here.

ROMhack

The OP admitted to barely posting here yet still felt the need to cry for attention and jump on someone over allegations. It's one thing to feel uncomfortable posting here at the time because you have no idea if the aforementioned allegations are true or not, it's another to join the lynch mob and shit all over someone publicly in hopes of getting some brownie points.

As far as I'm concerned, we don't need anymore of that kind of brainless, sheep here.

It was a joke on the word 'era' sounding like 'error'.

:)

McCheese

he logged into his old banned account before trying to creating a new one, rookie mistake.

I registered a new domain, change my name, left my wife and kids, then spliced my genetic code with that of a horse-radish to completely illuminate any trace of being banned by that Samuel L Jackson guy half a decade ago.

I don't remember what I was even banned for, but I do remember when he published a book and tried to PM Samuel L Jackson to get him to promote his book on the basis he used his face as an avatar most of his life, and was completely ignored.

The moral of the story is karma is a bitch, or something.

I wouldn't let these people back if they did the 'ban me'-crap thing and insulted the posters who stayed here and/or Evilore.
I mean, nobody kept these people from creating an account over there and silently leaving this place in peace.
I am not sure we want these kind of personalities here.

M

Macapala

Unconfirmed Member
At the end of the day I think it should be Evilore's choice if people like this deserve a second chance. I can't imagine how horrible it must be being called a rapist by thousands of people, not even getting a chance to defend yourself.

Not to mention, during the meltdown, some people who new Evilore IRL were posting some pretty personal shit about him. He didn't deserve that. No one deserves that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom