• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario is so great!!!

Papa

Banned
At the end of the day I think it should be Evilore's choice if people like this deserve a second chance. I can't imagine how horrible it must be being called a rapist by thousands of people, not even getting a chance to defend yourself.

Not to mention, during the meltdown, some people who new Evilore IRL were posting some pretty personal shit about him. He didn't deserve that. No one deserves that.

Yeah, I advocate for forgiveness and second chances but I totally get it if there are some people he simply can’t stomach allowing back. Some of the shit that was said/done back then was beyond the pale. If someone like Maiden Voyage Maiden Voyage comes back, shows some humility, apologises for their past actions and wants to be part of the community again, we should embrace them. Then you have the narcs like legacyzero who refuse to admit any wrongdoing and carry on swinging dicks like nothing ever happened. Those ones can fuck right off to somewhere tailored to their special needs, e.g. Ree or Twitter.

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Yeah, I advocate for forgiveness and second chances but I totally get it if there are some people he simply can’t stomach allowing back. Some of the shit that was said/done back then was beyond the pale. If someone like Maiden Voyage Maiden Voyage comes back, shows some humility, apologises for their past actions and wants to be part of the community again, we should embrace them. Then you have the narcs like legacyzero who refuse to admit any wrongdoing and carry on swinging dicks like nothing ever happened. Those ones can fuck right off to somewhere tailored to their special needs, e.g. Ree or Twitter.

I'm obviously bias in the 'second chance' camp. I suspect there would be a probationary period and a secondary perm would come down if they are not sincere.

JordanN

Banned
Fuck second chances, let him burn
This.

Remember, they willingly joined a website that supports terrorists.

aHtWJgu.jpg

ECma7KK.jpg

It's like being upset why don't we take ISIS wives.

Last edited:

Cravis

I don't remember what I was even banned for, but I do remember when he published a book and tried to PM Samuel L Jackson to get him to promote his book on the basis he used his face as an avatar most of his life, and was completely ignored.

The moral of the story is karma is a bitch, or something.

6TRpJeM.jpg

dolabla

The more 2017 is brought back to memory, the more I question how there was so many assumptions on basically no real evidence.

Because it didn't require any lick of evidence to that miserable group. There was no such thing as due process or waiting to hear the other side. You were to #believe because the person has a vagina. They used to say it all the time on the board. It was one of the most insane things I've ever seen. GAF is way better off without those types.

With that said, I am all for second chances. Sometimes people do see the error of their ways. OP was pretty damn harsh tho. Accusing someone of being a rapist is a pretty damn big deal so if they choose to not have anything to do with you, I can't really blame them.

Last edited:

Shantae

Banned
I'm one of those people who actually is kinda disturbed by rape, but at the same time....rape can be funny. Who didn't take action figures at some point and just laugh at having them rape each other when they became an immature teenager. Someone on Youtube took clips from Star Trek TNG, and often edited them where it looked like one character was raping another, it made me laugh my ass off lol.

sol_bad

As shitty as that 2017 debacle was, in the end it was only a good thing. Now all the crazies are in one place and they can stay there. Moderation here is much better these days.
I can't begin to comprehend how anyone could or would think Evilore is a rapist or a predator based on the "evidence" presented. And I'm sure Evilore learnt a very important lesson himself as in not letting the crazies have too much power.
I wish Era would crash and burn but I doubt that will happen.

*EDIT"
Always editing my posts because my brain is still thinking when I press post!!!!
Evilore would have to check each individual's posts to see if they are worth letting back in. That might be an annoying task if there are hundreds and thousands of posts by the person.

Last edited:
So Evilore is an alleged rapist. How is posting here on GAF supporting him? You're here to participate in discussions with fellow gamers, industry professionals etc, you're not here because of Evilore.
Some people really have some damn flawed logic. And I think he wasn't charged with anything, it's all allegations. So I can accuse your mom of being a crack whore and spread it all across facebook and internet. I will never prove that she's a crack whore but the damage is already done, all will think she is because I made an allegation.
So to summarize, Evilore is fine in my book until I see some real law charges. Even if I see criminal charges against him, I'd still be posting on the gaf because of the community.

BlueAlpaca

This.

Remember, they willingly joined a website that supports terrorists.

aHtWJgu.jpg

ECma7KK.jpg

It's like being upset why don't we take ISIS wives.

Wow, fucking disgusting. Do you have a link to the thread? I'd like to see the context, not that it would make it any less repulsive.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
So Evilore is an alleged rapist. How is posting here on GAF supporting him? You're here to participate in discussions with fellow gamers, industry professionals etc, you're not here because of Evilore.
Some people really have some damn flawed logic. And I think he wasn't charged with anything, it's all allegations. So I can accuse your mom of being a crack whore and spread it all across facebook and internet. I will never prove that she's a crack whore but the damage is already done, all will think she is because I made an allegation.
So to summarize, Evilore is fine in my book until I see some real law charges. Even if I see criminal charges against him, I'd still be posting on the gaf because of the community.

I’m not an “alleged rapist.” Christ.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Who?

That being said, he is a rager, he probably was out of his mind raging when he was banned, so let him back in to heal. He might be raging because I did not recongnise him though :(.

S

slugbahr

Unconfirmed Member
Who?

That being said, he is a rager, he probably was out of his mind raging when he was banned, so let him back in to heal. He might be raging because I did not recongnise him though :(.
I agree. His lack of your recognition has done him irreparable harm.
I still love you, Yoshi

Mato

Was he let in? His original suicide post wasn't that bad.

Edit - Nevermind, I missed the OP's opening stab. No atonement indeed. I also removed an ill-considered comment.

Last edited:

I can't grasp how we've come to the point where, making a move on a girl-friend that you've slept with many times before is considered rape.
I wanted to make a point but you all seem to have misunderstood me. If I wrote alleged sexual harraser it just wouldn't have the same impact as rapist.
But fine, my mistake, English is not my first language.

JordanN

Banned
Wow, fucking disgusting. Do you have a link to the thread? I'd like to see the context, not that it would make it any less repulsive.
1st post: A moderator so he was never banned

2nd post: His post was up for hours calling for the mass murder of Republicans. He got banned [temporarily] but is still running free on Resetera.

Last edited:

Ar¢tos

I can't grasp how we've come to the point where, making a move on a girl-friend that you've slept with many times before is considered rape.
You are obviously not following the new society rules.
EVERYONE INVOLVED MUST ASK FOR CONSENT EVERY 60 SECONDS, OR IT IS RAPE!

Orgies are a pain nowadays :messenger_pensive:

Papa

Banned
Hey retards, the more lenient moderation and focus on transparency and free speech isn’t an invitation to keep talking about the allegations. Especially when he’s already addressed them multiple times and you’re just rehashing misinformation. Have some tact, Jesus Christ.

Grinchy

Banned
When I was 15, I was making out with my then girlfriend, and I put my hands down her pants and grabbed her bare ass. I never got consent to do this. I think I may be a rapist as well.

F

Foamy

Unconfirmed Member
I can't grasp how we've come to the point where, making a move on a girl-friend 3that you've slept with many times before is considered rape.
Cause the world is full of idiots and many of them post at retardera?

Last edited by a moderator:

Papa

Banned
Forgiveness is reserved for those who've made genuine mistakes. This person didn't make a mistake, they made a decision. Let them live with their righteous decision.

Any mistake is a result of a wrong decision. In my view, if someone makes the wrong decision but then learns from it and makes the necessary changes to ensure it doesn’t happen again, they deserve another chance.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Any mistake is a result of a wrong decision. In my view, if someone makes the wrong decision but then learns from it and makes the necessary changes to ensure it doesn’t happen again, they deserve another chance.
Making a wrong decision and acting like a dimwitted spastic are two different things.

Top Bottom