• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario is so great!!!

Fushitsusha

Banned
I could go on forever.

Tldr; Sweden deserves the situation we have now, but change is on the way.
Hell on earth. Many people detest Greta Thunberg, imagine 10 million of them in close proximity...
(I like you already. Welcome and do stay around.)

Last edited:
M

Macapala

Unconfirmed Member
RetardEra
RacistEra
RejectEra
ReeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEra!!!

LOL! Those idiots really didn't think the name through, did they?

Last edited by a moderator:
H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
- Sweden took in 1 million immigrants between 2010 and 2020. Our total population is now 10 million.

Jesus fucking Christ, is that seriously an accurate set of figures? Like seriously how do you expect to keep a country’s identity when you import that many people from such a foreign culture? I guess that explains the vast number of bombings then...

Sybb

Banned
Hell on earth. Many people detest Greta Thunberg, imagine 10 million of them in close proximity...
(I like you already. Welcome and do stay around.)
Ordinary people in Sweden are also starting to wake up, because of the economical crisis of our councils. And this crisis is due to a law (made by the liberals in Stockholm, of course) that says that ALL councils in the country are forced to take in a set number of immigrants - whether they have room/capacity for them or not. This has lead to immigrants getting a free pass in the housing market, where ordinary Swedes have to wait for years for an apartment. Because there's no law saying councils have to find housing for Swedes.

If the Stockholm liberals want to create racism and tensions between different groups of people, then treating one group much better than the other is the way to go.

When ordinary people suffer because of the councils' bad economy, they wake up - because then it's personal. Sadly, that's what's needed. Otherwise people just think it doesn't matter to them.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Jesus fucking Christ, is that seriously an accurate set of figures? Like seriously how do you expect to keep a country’s identity when you import that many people from such a foreign culture? I guess that explains the vast number of bombings then...

Those are conservative numbers from what I can tell.

As of 2017, the percentage inhabitants with a foreign background in Sweden had risen to 24.1%.[6]

According to an official report by the governmental Swedish Pensions Agency, total immigration to Sweden for 2017 was expected to be roughly 180,000 individuals, and thereafter to number 110,000 persons every year.[11][12]

In 2014, 81,300 individuals applied for asylum in Sweden, which was an increase of 50% compared to 2013 and the most since 1992. 47% of them came from Syria, followed by 21% from the Horn of Africa (mostly Eritrea and Somalia). 77% (63,000) requests were approved but it differs greatly between different groups. Nearly two weeks into October 2015, a record figure of 86,223 asylum applications was reached, and in the remaining weeks of the year that figure rose to 162,877.

Sybb

Banned
I'm as serious with this as I am with the science of female ass. The numbers are correct and official. That is, these numbers come straight from Sweden's official authorities, and not some Alex Jones-esque YouTube channel.

One way some people try to fake the numbers is by only counting asylum seekers. By doing that, they don't include the asylum seekers' family members. They can also fake the numbers by dividing everyone into different groups, like "immigrants", "work immigrants", "asylum seekers" etc.

Also, Swedes are incredible gullible, possibly from relying on the government for decades. In Sweden, the social democrats has constantly, without a single exception, been the biggest party since 1918.

Fushitsusha

Banned
When ordinary people suffer because of the councils' bad economy, they wake up - because then it's personal. Sadly, that's what's needed. Otherwise people just think it doesn't matter to them.
A little like the place this thread is about. To this day there are still people realizing, after many years, that resetera is a forum filled with extremists, why does it take so long to see the truth only until it hits you close?
We had a Swede guy over here get banned recently, complaining about racism when he himself spewed racist remarks before. Those he complained about probably moved out of the neighbourhood so he doesn't view himself as racist anymore :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Strange phenomenon.

Last edited:
H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member

As of 2017, the percentage inhabitants with a foreign background in Sweden had risen to 24.1%.[6]

According to an official report by the governmental Swedish Pensions Agency, total immigration to Sweden for 2017 was expected to be roughly 180,000 individuals, and thereafter to number 110,000 persons every year.[11][12]

In 2014, 81,300 individuals applied for asylum in Sweden, which was an increase of 50% compared to 2013 and the most since 1992. 47% of them came from Syria, followed by 21% from the Horn of Africa (mostly Eritrea and Somalia). 77% (63,000) requests were approved but it differs greatly between different groups. Nearly two weeks into October 2015, a record figure of 86,223 asylum applications was reached, and in the remaining weeks of the year that figure rose to 162,877.
Well if nothing else it’ll be a real test of the truth or otherwise of the notion that importing the 3rd world turns your country into the 3rd world.

Sybb

Banned
Well if nothing else it’ll be a real test of the truth or otherwise of the notion that importing the 3rd world turns your country into the 3rd world.
Because of the difference in mentality between Swedes and arabs, Sweden is already going through islamification. And the reason for that is because Swedes don't dare to speak up. Arabs dominate and have no respect for our laws and rules. Of course, there are lots of good arab immigrants as well, one must not forget about that. But the numbers don't lie: immigrants from certain areas in the world are drastically over represented in heavy crimes such as killing and rape.

For example, our national security police identified a numbers of imams as national security threats. Guess what happened? They couldn't send them back to their home countries because they could be put in danger there. So they stay in Sweden and continue to preach extreme interpretations of islam. This is a good example how soft, gullible and stupid Sweden is.

Last edited:

Bolivar687

Banned
Another item I wanted to raise, not sure if this is the best place - I really think mods should do away with the parting shots in the ban message. That was one of the most toxic things about OldGAF and I have to think it's really part of what went to the mods' heads and fueled the descent of this place. I really think it has the adverse effect and that it would be more constructive to have a more articulated reason why.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
Another item I wanted to raise, not sure if this is the best place - I really think mods should do away with the parting shots in the ban message. That was one of the most toxic things about OldGAF and I have to think it's really part of what went to the mods' heads and fueled the descent of this place. I really think it has the adverse effect and that it would be more constructive to have a more articulated reason why.
Could do that, or alternatively keep them because they’re funny.

Fushitsusha

Banned

There's about 500.000 Illegals not registered too. It came to light recently.

Sybb

Banned
And by the way, what do left wing liberals always explain the over representation in crime with? Social economic factors! Every time! You see, if you live in a poor area, you automatically become a criminal, because you have no free will. You're of course not responsible for your choices and actions. Liberals refuse to admit there are cultural differences behind this. Which is so easy to prove them wrong, because without cultural differences, most countries in the world would be pretty similar. But reality is the opposite. You have underdeveloped countries which can't handle democratic elections without trying to kill the winner. You have evolved, civilized countries which gain respect from all over the world.

Also, let me share a story about a man who was raped by an immigrant. You know what he said? He felt sorry for the immigrant because he couldn't imagine what the immigrant had been through to commit such a horrible crime. He wanted to help him. This is a cherry picked example and definitely not representive of most Swedes, but it gives you an idea of the mentality of some people.

Or our former national head of police. After an immigrant commited a rape, the head of police said "we don't know what he's been through". He got tons of backlash for that, though.

-Arcadia-

Banned

I respectfully disagree.

The ban messages in question are usually to people acting completely, totally ridiculous. In essence, they truly have earned the insult. The more normal bans don’t have that kind of rhetoric, and can even be pretty kind/constructive criticism.

Honestly, I love seeing idiots reap what they sow. It’s cathartic, and it might actually help them knock off their bullshit. Public embarrassment is a powerful tool.

Plus, they’re absolutely hilarious, so I may be a bit biased here, hahaha.

Papa

Banned
Yeah, I never asked for an account suicide, either. I didn't share in the hysteria or outrage. I just figured, "Well, everyone is moving over there, so I guess I will, too." GAF had a history of being authoritarian in its moderation policies, and I figured it would be better over at Reee. Ha ha, yes I know. It took me a while before I figured out that the problem had just been transplanted, and somehow the transplant made things worse. It also took me a while before I saw the #metoo hysteria for what it was, and I realized in retrospect that Evilore was just another victim of it.

I actually ended up getting banned for two weeks at Reee because of "misogynistic commentary." I think I should get bonus points for that.

“transplanted”

NOTSUREIF.jpg

Sybb

Banned
For English speaking people, you should check out this guy:

Most of his videos are in Swedish, but he's launching his English channel this year. And some of his old videos are in English.

He's a libertarian, but he's really sensible and serious (as far from Alex Jones as you can get). He always gets his facts straight and he calls for a balanced discussion. He brings up a lot of things that are wrong with the Swedish establishments (politicians and the all liberal media).

Papa

Banned
What is happening these days is that peoples' tribunals are becoming more and more popular. Something spreads in social media, and when it has spread enough, people start to believe on the sole reason that so many others believe it. The very definition of mass psychosis. Metoo is a good example, the environment hystieria is another. That doesn't mean metoo or care about the environment is all bad, but the way these phenomenoms have played out are a disaster.

Metoo started out good, but quickly went down the drain with all the decade old and loose allegations and lies. The Greta hysteria is beyond ridicolous as this point, as no media is asking her though questions (why does she defend the Paris climate accord when it specifically says that China can do whatever it wants until 2030?).

In the end, people who are independent thinkers will come out on top. Greta is going to crash hard sooner or later, and I'm actually worried what it will do to her in the future. There are lots of people behind her that you never see who pull the strings.

MeToo was never good. It was a way for washed up actresses who participated in the Hollywood casting couch culture and benefitted from it to claim some victim points when their assets had fully depreciated. Really activates the almonds when you realise the wildebeest below was the originator. Who is she acting on behalf of?

images

Bolivar687

Banned
I respectfully disagree.

The ban messages in question are usually to people acting completely, totally ridiculous. In essence, they truly have earned the insult. The more normal bans don’t have that kind of rhetoric, and can even be pretty kind/constructive criticism.

Honestly, I love seeing idiots reap what they sow. It’s cathartic, and it might actually help them knock off their bullshit. Public embarrassment is a powerful tool.

I agree it's cathartic, and hilarious, and would even go so far as CeroFrio indeed needing to mature. But I just don't believe that it will help them knock off their bullshit, it's not a powerful tool, it's just part of the cycle of what makes the world a shitty and fallen place. It's far more constructive to break that cycle and turn the other cheek, even if they do take the invitation to slap that one, too.

Last edited:

brap

Banned
MeToo was never good. It was a way for washed up actresses who participated in the Hollywood casting couch culture and benefitted from it to claim some victim points when their assets had fully depreciated. Really activates the almonds when you realise the wildebeest below was the originator. Who is she acting on behalf of?

images

Papa

Banned
I agree it's cathartic, and hilarious, and would even go so far as CeroFrio indeed needing to mature. But I just don't believe that it will help them knock off their bullshit, it's not a powerful tool, it's just part of the cycle of what makes the world a shitty and fallen place. It's far more constructive to break that cycle and turn the other cheek, even if they do take the invitation to slap that one, too.

Respectfully disagree. Gordon Ramsay is one of the most effective leaders/motivators I’ve ever seen and his methods are the complete opposite of what you describe. However, even he knows that lost causes do exist and that sometimes he needs to pull the plug.

-Arcadia-

Banned
I agree it's cathartic, and hilarious, and would even go so far as CeroFrio needing to go through puberty. But I just don't believe that it will help them knock off their bullshit, it's not a powerful tool, it's just part of the cycle of what makes the world a shitty and fallen place. It's far more constructive to break that cycle and turn the other cheek, even if they do take the invitation to slap that one, too.

I can’t get on board with that.

Shaming/bullying when warranted, keeps people that can not control themselves, in line.

I used to have the same philosophy, that putting kindness/forgiveness into people who don’t deserve it, would change things. It left my life a smoldering wreck, and turned me into a personal doormat for everyone to walk over.

Then western culture at large tried it, and I got another giant helping of why balance, in both positivity and negativity, is needed.

Save your kindness for the people who deserve it. For the people who are trying to do better. They really need it. Rewarding bad behavior, on the other hand, does nothing but reinforce it.

I respectfully disagree.

When I eventually catch my inevitable perma, I hope the reason given is something fitting like “Cause of death: Gratuitous Soy Consumption. Leave his ashes in care of AOC.”

This fucking killed me lol
I believe something when I see proof, not just empty words.
I know Evilore has several times spoken about the issue. And there hasn't been changes to his side. And he has spoken to regrets on how he handled it or how he let the staff get away with what they were doing, but not his side of the story.

Thats why while I am glad many of the trouble makers fucked off, I hate why and how. I hate that he took all that came with it. I wouldn't have kept going with the site and community, but I am thankful he did.

nush

Matts already said it best recently. Mocking ban messages for people that deserve it are needed.

I get you, but is banning such posters for sure the best way to handle them? Are there any flow on effects from encouraging banning as a corrective force? Are there any other methods that are potentially more effective, e.g. fostering a culture within the community that claps back (for lack of a better term) and disincentivizes such posts in future? For example, look at this thread last week from a returning Reeflake trying to own the alt-right: https://www.neogaf.com/threads/idio...quote-from-trump-thats-up-for-debate.1516726/. It has the obnoxious emoji spam you describe but the community mocked OP, established his position towards the bottom of the social hierarchy, and laughed him out of the thread. A mod even changed the title to reflect his special status on the short bus. I think that’s more effective than just banning him outright and we get to have fun at his expense.

This is similar to what I mean when I talk about false civility. People will always learn ways to subvert any system and trying to moderate based on mean words just tilts the playing field in favour of other undesirable behaviours like baiting/trolling/dishonesty. Look at the Politics sub: some of the most “civil” posters are also the most dishonest. I think in terms of moderation it’s best to leave most forms of speech/discourse on the table and let it sort itself out organically. Sometimes the best way to deal with a dishonest troll is to insult/mock them, but you can’t do that if mean words are banned. Then the trolling spirals out of control because you’ve removed its natural predator from the ecosystem.

TL;DR instead of requesting more bans (top-down authoritarian moderation), learn how to shut the behaviours down yourself (bottom-up peer moderation).

Humdinger

I was a mod on another forum, and it's pretty much a thankless task. It gives you some power and prestige on a game forum (pretty meaningless, really), but it comes at a cost. You have to deal with the stuff other people can just roll their eyes at and ignore. You spend your time in the armpit of the forum and/or cleaning stuff up, moving it around. You're like an unpaid virtual janitor.

You also lose your sense of just being a normal member, interacting with other normal members. People look at you and treat you differently when you're a mod. Sometimes they project their authority issues on you. There's a bit of distance there, which wasn't there before.

In addition, you (or I, anyhow) feel an obligation to act in a reasonable way, because if you don't, you get called out on "behavior unbecoming a mod." You can't just act like a jackass and get away with it, like a normal member. So your behavior becomes more restricted and careful. Interacting is less spontaneous and free-wheeling.

Anyhow, that's a long way of saying, let the mods have their fun. Their job is mostly a thankless chore. If they can have a little fun by taking a humorous dig at someone who's being a pain in the ass, why not. It may help them enjoy their gig more.

Last edited:

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
I was a mod on another forum, and it's pretty much a thankless task. It gives you some power and prestige on a game forum (pretty meaningless, really), but it comes at a cost. You have to deal with the stuff other people can just roll their eyes at and ignore. You spend your time in the armpit of the forum and/or cleaning stuff up, moving it around. You're like an unpaid virtual janitor.

You also lose your sense of just being a normal member, interacting with other normal members. People look at you and treat you differently when you're a mod. Sometimes they project their authority issues on you. There's a bit of distance there, which wasn't there before.

In addition, you (or I, anyhow) feel an obligation to act in a reasonable way, because if you don't, you get called out on "behavior unbecoming a mod." You can't just act like a jackass and get away with it, like a normal member. So your behavior becomes more restricted and careful. Interacting is less spontaneous and free-wheeling.

Anyhow, that's a long way of saying, let the mods have their fun. Their job is mostly a thankless chore. If they can have a little fun by taking a humorous dig at someone who's being a pain in the ass, why not. It may help them enjoy their gig more.
It’s the same experience being a manager in any industry, really. Managing people is a thankless job.

Uhtred

Anyone that has been to ERA, knows what a shithole that place is. I don’t blame anyone wanting to come back.

however, I would not let anyone who talked That kind of shit back!

Last edited:

whynotboth.gif

Seriously, I wouldn't mind if an insulting sendoff came with an articulated explanation. They're not mutually exclusive, and it might help some people get a better understanding of each ban.

Humdinger

It’s the same experience being a manager in any industry, really. Managing people is a thankless job.

Yeah, that's true. Although in management, you get financially compensated for your headaches, and your underlings are motivated to comply because of financial incentives. As a mod, you don't have any of that leverage, and you get paid diddly squat.

Last edited:
Top Bottom