• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[LEAK] PlayStation Games PC Port Budgets Revealed! Spider-Man 2 PC Port to Release in 2024

PC Ports budgets (as of Feb 2023):

Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart PC Port: $2.5 million
  • FY21: $0.1 million
  • FY22: $0.9 million
  • FY23: $1.6 million
Spider-Man Remastered PC Port: $2.3 million
  • FY21: $0.4 million
  • FY22: $1.9 million
  • FY23: $0.0 million.
Spider-Man Miles Morales PC Port: $1.5 million
  • FY21: $0.2 million
  • FY22: $1.2 million
Spider-Man 2 PC Port: $4.6 million
  • FY22: $0.0 million
  • FY23: $0.6 million
  • FY24: $4.0 million
  • FY25: $0.0 million
Wolverine PC Port: $4.0 million
  • FY26: $2.0 million
  • FY27: $2.0 million
Spider-Man 3 PC Port:
  • FY27: $7.0 million
Spider-Man 2 PC Port is listed for FY25, which is the period between April 2024 to March 2025.

Source - Installbase Forum

According to this slide it's the typical 2 year delay. SM3 in FY27, development of PC port in FY28-FY29.

O5m8We0.jpeg

Nothing has changed.

Last edited:

Fabieter

Seems like ps5 is the last console gen for me since iam already allocate budget towards new pcs regulary.

Going to need a source other than installbase for this my man.

Where's the original data coming from?
I don't think there's an additional source other than the IB comment I've linked to which was then reposted on this reddit thread:

I'll request a thread title change though since that SM2 PC port arriving in 2024 is a bit ambiguous as it could also release in early 2025. I've also removed the mention of SM3 day and date release from the OP since it was speculation.

Last edited:
Reactions: GHG

Sanepar

Spider-Man 3 PC Port:
Spider-Man 2 PC Port is listed for FY25, which is the period between April 2024 to March 2025.

Where is God of War Ragnarok?

These are likely to be place placeholders, still expect to 2 years waiting time, not that I give 2 shits, Sony first party games seem to be drying up, don’t think these ports are helping one bit to get Sony to invest more in games.

Last edited:

Spider-Man 3 PC Port:

According to this slide it's the typical 2 year delay. SM3 in FY27, development of PC port in FY28-FY29.

O5m8We0.jpeg

Nothing has changed.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
So if we use Miles Morales as an example, which sold "only" 450k copies: the lowest sales price has been 30 USD, minus Steam's 30 percent cut (actually 25 and 20 percent for sales above $10 and 50 million respectively, but keeping the math simple), results in revenue of $9.45 million. If you use the base price of 50 USD, then it's $15.75 million.

With a PC port budget of $1.5 million, that means a profit of $8-14 million, or return on investment of 530 to 930 percent.

"tHeY mAy As WeLl NoT eVeN bOtHeR!!"

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
And why even sales of 1M are ridiculous profit for these games.

Yet we had morons in the other threads saying "why even bother" in the other thread.

This is basically printing money.

I wish most people on GAF and in general were as smart as you. It's a pure money profit winning machine. Yet, we have fanboys on both sides melting at the mouth.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
So if we use Miles Morales as an example, which sold "only" 450k copies: the lowest sales price has been 30 USD, minus Steam's 30 percent cut (actually 25 and 20 percent for sales above $10 and 50 million respectively, but keeping the math simple), results in revenue of $9.45 million. If you use the base price of 50 USD, then it's $15.75 million.

With a PC port budget of $1.5 million, that means a profit of $8-14 million, or return on investment of 530 to 930 percent.

"tHeY mAy As WeLl NoT eVeN bOtHeR!!"

Yeah, not every product is going to get $100s of millions in revenue (let alone profit) most of these companies have a lot of little revenue generating projects that add up and this is a perfect example of that. Would it be nice for Sony if these sold multi-millions? Yes, but they aren't. But what they are selling is by no means a waste. That profit funds 4 more ports.

Yet people like DenchDeckard DenchDeckard are wondering why the even bother.

Denton

The most ridiculous thing is still the absence of Bloodborne. Porting it would cost couple million (hell, Sony should give it to Durante's company to port and it would likely be even cheaper). I can imagine it selling it 5 million copies first month, judging by Elden Ring sales and BB hype.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Yeah, not every product is going to get $100s of millions in revenue (let alone profit) most of these companies have a lot of little revenue generating projects that add up and this is a perfect example of that. Would it be nice for Sony if these sold multi-millions? Yes, but they aren't. But what they are selling is by no means a waste. That profit funds 4 more ports.

I don't want them to stop making PC ports. I think they need to bring them as close to day one as possible, if not day one. Something like 3 to 6 months later should be the maximum.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I don't want them to stop making PC ports. I think they need to bring them as close to day one as possible, if not day one. Something like 3 to 6 months later should be the maximum.
There is no chance in hell of this ever happening. Not when their exclusives sell between 10-20 M on console. They would likely lose a ton of money if they did that. They'd likely lose sales due to piracy.

mckmas8808

And selling to people that just are NOT going to buy a PS5. So it harms nothing.

Fredrik

Should be day 1.
Delaying games only stir up negativity and make them feel old and not worth the money, late releases are always a bit meh imo and there is always a risk you’ll have the story spoiled which isn’t ideal on story-focused games.

analog_future

Resident Crybaby

Spider-Man 3 PC Port:

Wow, absolutely tiny budgets to port these. Such a no brainer to release them on PC.

mckmas8808

Should be day 1.
Delaying games only stir up negativity and make them feel old and not worth the money, late releases are always a bit meh imo and there is always a risk you’ll have the story spoiled which isn’t ideal on story-focused games.

Sony makes consoles. They don't have a PC store.

mckmas8808

mckmas8808

Are you a fan of Souls games? if you are get it asap it's incredible

Not really. I still have Demon Souls Remake downloaded to my PS5. That is going to be my first jump into the souls games. It's in my backlog.

M1987

Not really. I still have Demon Souls Remake downloaded to my PS5. That is going to be my first jump into the souls games. It's in my backlog.
Couldn't really get into Demon's Souls because I thought the combat was shit,but I love the others

Top Bottom