• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 - Official Gameheads Partnership Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
Can we talk about how they changed Miles's freakin' perfect fade:

0*7AW3se7JOoURcvz4.jpg

To this Jaden Smith-looking shit?

moving-away-from-peters-facial-discussions-does-anyone-like-v0-fywu2eh8qcmb1.jpg

zokie

i do not mind if they are donating to starlight but those costumes i rather not have , they should add some Sony IP elements if Sony and Disney allows it

Example : Miles Morales having Doko Demo Issyo Sneakers

Just googled Gameheads.

Looks like one of those organisations that aims to fight racism with more racism.
Here's their 'about' statement:

Based out of Oakland, CA, Gameheads uses video game design, development and DevOps to engage, prepare and train low-income youth and youth of color ages 15 to 24 in the Bay Area for careers in the tech and video game industries. Through a powerful medium that youth are familiar with and passionate about, our students learn how to code, design, manage projects, work in teams, lead, and create interactive projects that tell stories to enrich us all.

Aces High

Here's their 'about' statement:
Ah okay. I just checked their mission statement:

"Gameheads is a tech training program that equips young people of color with the tech and life skills they need to succeed at school, in their careers, and beyond."

Which sounds 100% racist to me.

Stuff like this would be illegal here in Germany. We have laws against this:

In Germany, discrimination based on skin color, ethnic origin, or other protected characteristics is prohibited by the General Equal Treatment Act (AGG). This law, also known as the Anti-Discrimination Act, aims to prevent discrimination on the grounds of race or ethnic origin, gender, religion or belief, disability, age, or sexual identity.

According to the AGG, it is not permitted for companies to offer their services or products in a way that discriminates against people based on the aforementioned characteristics. This includes selecting customers based on their skin color.

Stay losing, Sony.

Last edited:
Ah okay. I just checked their mission statement:

"Gameheads is a tech training program that equips low income youth and young people of color with the tech and life skills they need to succeed at school, in their careers, and beyond."

Which sounds 100% racist to me.
A good solution would be for low income Caucasians to come together in an area with primarily other low income Caucasians, and build/announce something for their districts.

Aces High

A good solution would be for low income Caucasians to come together in an area with primarily other low income Caucasians, and build/announce something for their districts.
I know you're just joking, but in my eyes, a good solution would be to support people that are in need of support independent from their skin color.

Fight fire with fire and you'll have nothing left but scorched earth.

I know you're just joking, but in my eyes, a good solution would be to support people that are in need of support independent from their skin color.

Fight fire with fire and you'll have nothing left but scorched earth.
I'm not joking.

North America, while a melting pot of different races and cultures, is also a very segregated place at times depending on where you live. You can go into neighborhoods of entirely different cultures and ethnicities and they can all be within walking distance of each other. Areas with high latin population, high caucasian population, high asian population, etc. However, when attempting to live in these spaces and you're not among that culture or group, you the individual can be seen as the outlier and at times, or at worse a threat.

From reading the about page, this business takes place in a specific area. It was probably started from the fact that the specific low-income area in question suffers highly from lack of tech in school, lack of resources to the latest computer tech teachers and books in school, lack of funding in that specific area, etc. I'd have to see the ratio of caucasian to non-caucasians in that area they're discussing. They are probably, technically going about this the best way they could for that area as well.

I am not upset at the existence of this company, nor do I see it as a threat to anything. The same way I'm not upset at the existence of a Chinatown or asian-only outreach, businesses, and communities. There exists avenues for caucasians in a similar fashion based on area, and my suggestion is to utilize the same system to uplift those caucasians of low income who highly populate the areas they are in.

Last edited:

Aces High

Logical thinking:

If people of a certain skin color are disadvantaged, they will automatically receive the most support from an organisation that supports people of all skin colors.

So there's zero reason to have an organisation that only supports people of a certain skin color.

So there's zero reason to have an organization that only supports people of a certain skin color.
And technically, their website never stated that they don't allow the opposite.

We would probably both need to look at the demographics for that area including the education rates, school funding, graduation rates, and career choices for each demographic to see why this startup probably happened.

Aces High

Link me to the page with that specific wording.
Dude, you already quoted this page, but for whatever reason you left out the most important part, which is their mission statement:

"Mission
Gameheads is a tech training program that equips young people of color with the tech and life skills they need to succeed at school, in their careers, and beyond".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom