• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Studios’ Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 | New Trailer

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Looks great. And I really like this updated version of Rainbow’s “Since you’ve been gone”.

Wildebeest

Seems like these movies have really dipped in quality and popularity since the amazing Captain Marvel in 2019. All this trailer seemed to hype up is that a character or characters are probably going to die, so you have to watch it out of respect or something.

Last edited:

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
It feels like Gunn and the crew want to give the franchise a big heartfelt send off, but it doesn't feel like they earned it with how goofy volume 2 was after the emotional ending of the first. But I'll give it a shot, the story can be redeemed but characters are likely going to die for it.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Seems like these movies have really dipped in quality and popularity since the amazing Captain Marvel in 2019. All this trailer seemed to hype up is that a character or characters are probably going to die, so you have to watch it out of respect or something.
Marvel movies are very formulaic now, and Gunn is probably to blame or take credit for it. He mixed humor and action in GotG 1 and it worked. Now that is all they want to do.

Ionian

It feels like Gunn and the crew want to give the franchise a big heartfelt send off, but it doesn't feel like they earned it with how goofy volume 2 was after the emotional ending of the first. But I'll give it a shot, the story can be redeemed but characters are likely going to die for it.
He litterarly said it chapter 3 was the end.

analog_future

Resident Crybaby

I thought volume 2 had a more emotional ending than the first one. Really enjoyed both 1 and 2.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
The second movie is one of the worst movies ive ever seen. Just one joke after another. Ive seen comedies that treat their characters with more sincerity than that movie. James Gunn can slag off.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
Oy. Reviews are coming in and they are not great. I saw two and both seem to think the movie is too grim and won't be the revival Marvel and Disney were hoping for.

I loved loved the first one, was ok with the second one. This I may watch. I do think I have a fatigue with this superhero stuff.

Adding the reviews:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CIyfG5k4xQ

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Marvel is a juggernaut, not trying to be a fanboy but marvel keeps their foot on the gas pedal, one of the most efficient film studios, getting 1 marvel movie a year.

DKehoe

No one is buying tickets for this. Even the Thursday preview shows aren’t sold out.
I keep forgetting it's coming out. Doesn't feel like there's a buzz for it. Like a lot of people, I've definitely felt that Marvel burn out recently. But I thought that with GOTG being one of the bigger series that this would be generating more hype than something like Quantumania. It'll probably still do better than that but it definitely feels like things have diminished.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
No one is buying tickets for this. Even the Thursday preview shows aren’t sold out.

Tracking seems very soft, doesn't it? Projected well under GotG2's OW. If it hits the same as Quantumania it'll be doing well... but if it goes under (very possible) and has a similar second week drop off, then we really could be looking at the end of the superhero gravy train.

Last edited:

Lunarorbit

I can't muster any excitement for this. After end game it's been loki and moon knight that I've cared about.

As much as I like Kang I didn't bother to see ant man.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Tracking seems very soft, doesn't it? Projected well under GotG2's OW. If it hits the same as Quantumania it'll be doing well... but if it goes under (very possible) and has a similar second week drop off, then we really could be looking at the end of the superhero gravy train.
Why pay $25 per person for an IMAX ticket when the IMAX version will be streaming on Disney+ in a month?

Vyse

Gold Member
I’m excited for this one. Gunn is one of the stronger directors in the MCU. Happy to see him moving to DC. Agree that the MCU has been in a big decline lately. Not looking forward to any other Marvel movies after this one. After the trailer for The Marvels, they should toss that one in the bin like Batgirl. Antman 3 was okay. Don’t get me started on the last Thor.

Hype train is strong for the Flash.

Bragr

Banned
Guardians of the Galaxy is one of the Marvel franchises I can tolerate, but for some reason, I barely heard about this one at all.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Hype train is strong for the Flash.

Flash is likely to have a very strong OW thanks to Keaton... but is equally likely to have a catastrophic second week drop off, when word of mouth gets out as to what the movie is actually like. All the plot leaks appear to be true, and it doesn't make for a good movie.

ManaByte

Gold Member
After the trailer for The Marvels, they should toss that one in the bin like Batgirl.
The movie directly sets up Secret Wars.

The movie ends with an Incursion (what Hickman’s Secret Wars is the result of), colliding universes and leaving Monica stranded in a different universe.

Last edited:

Vyse

Gold Member
Flash is likely to have a very strong OW thanks to Keaton... but is equally likely to have a catastrophic second week drop off, when word of mouth gets out as to what the movie is actually like. All the plot leaks appear to be true, and it doesn't make for a good movie.
Been hearing otherwise on the reviews, but perhaps your right. Guess we will see pretty soon.

Vyse

Gold Member
Guardians of the Galaxy is one of the Marvel franchises I can tolerate, but for some reason, I barely heard about this one at all.
I’ve been doing my best to stay away from trailers and news. Feel like we go into movies knowing everything these days.

Top Bottom