• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

NEO0MJ

The PC port is garbage. Can't change resolution, can't find a match, loading times everywhere...money wasted honestly.

What do you mean by that? Their settings are limited but resolution can still be changed and it's not locked to 1080p, either.

Jaeger

Yea I'm interested in Winter Soldier as well. If these guys are any indication the next round of DLC is gonna be great.

Here's hoping for stages too.

Bought Sigma because I've been wanting to play him in a vs game forever. Did not disappoint. A little slower than the characters I usually play, but I'll adjust.

Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite is ~12.50€ on CDKeys with MVCICDKEYS7 voucher.
Well... that was fast.
Heads up for fence sitters.

According to steamspy this game only sold ~30K on PC so it might be hard to find matches soon tho
Considering the game's situation, I wouldn't be surprised. But I wonder if the consistently deeper cuts from CDKEYS was due to its region mixup potentially leading to an influx of available keys.

MrMephistoX

Sigma is goddamn incredible

Just kept doing stuff with him and thinking "What a silly character, why does he do this?"

So team Toy Story is a GO!

Tried the other two characters briefly and I cannot play those guys. Not for me, even though I've been looking forward to BP for the longest time.

Team Toy Story? Sigma and Ghost Rider’s Cowboy outfit? At;Lu about a snake in your boot...

It CAN be redeemed in other regions, but I forgot which ones it doesn't redeem on :X
It's an AZEA key iirc.

Australia, New Zealand, Europe, and Arabia only.

Edit: The term is actually EMEA, for (Europe, Middle East, Africa). Australia and NZ are still included though.

Voidwolf

Picked up the Deluxe Edition last night on PC. Spent a good 30 minutes in training with Gamora/Nova, mostly Gamora though. I'm a scrub at traditional fighting games but played a fair bit of MvC3 on 360 and on my Vita. I read they changed the controls for this but it's been so long that it didn't throw me off too bad. I still suck but every now and then I'd pull off some cool combos with Gamora, it actually looked like I knew what I was doing lol.

So any tips for me? Specifically for Gamora, I'm definitely gonna be using her as my main, not sure about who to partner up with yet, Nova just looked cool and I was slightly familiar with him from the last game.

brian!

Im not a gamora player, this is just from observing and playing against:

She basically just goes ham with her guns, you need to be careful telegraphing them too much because you can get punished. Her dp (?) can be useful for ambiguous tags since the screen follows her up. Her slicy super has invul frames. In general she plays very aggressively but you dont want to just keep pushing forward w/ guns blindly. She can be very sneaky w/ high/low mixups and if you shoot someone you can usually convert to a full combo, even fullscreen

Producer

idk why but nova just seems like an empty husk in this game compared to umvc3. its like this dude has no personality no charm nothing. he is really good though so i guess it doesnt matter lol

brian!

Yeah i have no idea what his deal is and my only experience with nova force is them getting fucked up in gog1 lol

But yeah he's strong as fuk

Seiniyta

Okay, been searching for this for a bit now but couldn't really find it. I found a way to remove things like the Chromatic Aberration in the PC version but I saw with maximilian he also got to remove that grey'ish filter. What's the commands for that?

That aside, I like MH a lot.

vg260

Okay, been searching for this for a bit now but couldn't really find it. I found a way to remove things like the Chromatic Aberration in the PC version but I saw with maximilian he also got to remove that grey'ish filter. What's the commands for that?

That aside, I like MH a lot.

This perhaps? Sorry about formatting atm, might need to click to go to post.

Been digging around the PC ini files for some handy UE4 engine commands. These go in the Engine.ini under [SystemSettings]

NEO0MJ

Yeah i have no idea what his deal is and my only experience with nova force is them getting fucked up in gog1 lol

But yeah he's strong as fuk

In general people only took notice of him during the Annihilation event. As far as mainstream capes stories go it was pretty good.

Ghostofst4rm4n

Neo Member
I'm really having a fun time playing Marvel after so much time away from trying to be serious about a fighting game. I love playing Monster Hunter, but have no idea what I should be doing with her at the start of a fight. Anyone have any tips?

I love MoHun. I really dig how her charge attack has the same sort of timing mechanic where you can hold it too long and lose a bunch of power.

I wish they used better looking swords for both costumes though.

Skittles

I'm positive some dumb shit is gonna be found with BP. Most likely mixup related. Gonna be awhile until we see anything because he's the most complicated of the 3

NEO0MJ

Sigma seems awesome, but he's ridiculously slow and I imagine teleporters will mess his day up.

Black Panther is too much for me. I don't think I can handle his movement options. Firebrand is confusing enough as is.

Not sure how to feel about Monster Hunter. Her moveset didn't click with me yet.

Top Bottom