• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Inhumass - Official Trailer #1

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
People were arguing with me when I had concerns about this being an ABC production months ago. Welp the trailer kind of totally fits in with what I'd expected an ABC show to be.

People were arguing with me when I had concerns about this being an ABC production months ago. Welp the trailer kind of totally fits in with what I'd expected an ABC show to be.

Agents of Shield S4 managed to look a fuckton better than this on a fraction of the budget.

As someone who doesn't follow Inhumans even a little, is BB supposed to be telepathic? I know his voice is some deadly shit so he doesn't speak, but like...in this trailer he didn't communicate. At all. Does he just not communicate with people? That's shitty king material right there.

SArcher

Banned
As someone who doesn't follow Inhumans even a little, is BB supposed to be telepathic? I know his voice is some deadly shit so he doesn't speak, but like...in this trailer he didn't communicate. At all. Does he just not communicate with people? That's shitty king material right there.

Basically, he communicates with his gestures. And he can talk to Medusa through a shared mental link.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Agents of Shield S4 managed to look a fuckton better than this on a fraction of the budget.

Someone already talk about this(regarding the overall look about AoS) a page back. And despite trying several times I still don't enjoy AoS. Any and all ABC shows that I ever tried did not speak to my sensibilities sadly.

AoS looks like some cheap procedural/TV drama 99% of the time it's not blowing its budget on CGI. Same boring sets, parking lots and uninspired cinematography. It's a rather dull looking show given the setting. And non-CGI action scenes continue to be shameful.

I've loved this past season and Ghost Rider looks cool as hell, but the show is not what you'd call pretty. Not even interesting.

I gotta say I very much disagree. Afterlife, various enemy compounds, alien planets, another fuckin reality etc. I think the SHIELD base and Zephr One are better more interesting repeat sets than places like Matt or Jessica's office. They allow a lot more variety in what sort of story you can tell.

But hey different strokes I guess.

Kinyou

rq3F3Dp.jpg

SArcher

Banned
So they're gonna have a panel for the show at Comic Con. This is probably too much to ask but I wish someone in the audience called out Scott Buck on this BS.

Boem

So they're gonna have a panel for the show at Comic Con. This is probably too much to ask but I wish someone in the audience called out Scott Buck on this BS.

Honestly, even though the guy deserves criticism, let's not. Whenever a brave little geek gets the nerve to speak out against a perceived slight against fandom at conventions like that, it's always awkward as fuck.

Medusa speaks for him.

This show looks garbo but I won't stand for all this Inhumans hate.

Grewitch

Looks cheap, they nerfed Black Bolt, they destroyed my young adulthood, I'm disappointed. Could someone fire Scott Buck, please.

DOWN

Banned
The indoor scenes look super cheap, the costumes look cheesy as fuck, and I am blown away at how bad the punching sound effects are

So that's a Marvel show

This looks so bad and cheap and lifeless and uninteresting. Like, that attempt at a moneyshot at the end... That is how you choose to end the trailer? That is the best impactful scene you have? Oh man... How did no one at any point during production take a look at this and say "you know what, maybe we should stop trying to make this happen". Or, you know, before that, when someone said "and the showrunner will be Scott Buck". If this ends up as bad as it looks (who knows, maybe this will turn out good), this guy will be responsible for the two worst products in the MCU. In the space of just a few months. And the MCU has stuff like Thor: The Dark World.

The pedigree of the cinematographer and the director of the first two episodes isn't awful. I'm just now convinced that Buck ruins everything he touches.

Scott Buck is basically Marvel's fall back guy when they can't find anyone else to do it. They had a hard time finding anyone to do Iron Fist, IIRC, and hired him later than they hired the showrunners for the other shows. Inhumans basically had a ridiculously short amount of time to be done in, which more than likely anyone Marvel might have actually wanted wouldn't agree to, so they fell back to him again. Though with the fact that this is more than likely going to flop, they just need to cut their losses and find someone else as their fall back, and maybe they'll be able to find a diamond in the rough.

neoanarch

Is it bad that I have a tiny little bit of hope that it will somehow still be good. After that trailer it feels like I'm being delusional.

Nah I'm kidding this shit looks awful. Rip any hope of the Marvel Knights Inhumans run being adapted.

Scott Buck is basically Marvel's fall back guy when they can't find anyone else to do it. They had a hard time finding anyone to do Iron Fist, IIRC, and hired him later than they hired the showrunners for the other shows. Inhumans basically had a ridiculously short amount of time to be done in, which more than likely anyone Marvel might have actually wanted wouldn't agree to, so they fell back to him again. Though with the fact that this is more than likely going to flop, they just need to cut their losses and find someone else as their fall back, and maybe they'll be able to find a diamond in the rough.

They probably had a hard time finding anyone for IF because they rejected any pitch that didn't keep the onscreen supernatural elements to an absolute minimum.

That is, if you put stock in the rumors that were going around in 2015, which I do.

The trailer was underwhelming and I found the acting very uncomfortable to watch at times, but overall I didn't hate it and I didn't understand why a lot of fans were so outraged. And then I did a little research on the Inhumans comic and yeah I can see why people are extremely disappointed. Seems like a waste of potential.

CydonianKnight

Neo Member
Should've waited for Feige to bless these characters with his touch. Now Black Bolt and co. are doomed to only be realized in this show which at the moment looks shitty.

Should've waited for Feige to bless these characters with his touch. Now Black Bolt and co. are doomed to only be realized in this show which at the moment looks shitty.

Real talk: If the movie side ever feels like they want to use the characters significantly, they're just going to ignore the show exists (or existed). It doesn't even seem to have any real crossover with any other shows either so it's not like that would cause any confusion (assuming they even really care).

“but we’re dealing with relatable people in a moment of great crisis: a royal family forced into the position of refugees. They just happen to have superpowers.”

I don't know what he thinks relatable means...

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Inhumans are almost as relatable as Dire Wraiths.

Everything about this stinks. The very fundamentals of the franchise are dead wrong.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
“It gives us a massive, dramatic opening,” showrunner Scott Buck explains in the new issue of Empire. “It allows us to think bigger; to use visuals you don’t normally get on your television screen. We wanted [it to be] strikingly beautiful and unusual.”

But we've already seen this...

3R8ajt7.gif

Top Bottom