• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's new Avengers lineup revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
Ah so 11

Are you kidding me, as far back as Namor and Thor go it wouldnt be a stretch to have him on the team. Not to mention they'd probably rather have him on their side than beating their asses like he did in atlantis attacks. And if Moonknight is just a reserve that would imply when the shit hits the fan he's active. Well if they need all new avengers except for Cap and Iron Man then it sure looks like some shit hit some fan.

Willco

Hollywood Square
DonasaurusRex said:
Ah so 11

Are you kidding me, as far back as Namor and Thor go it wouldnt be a stretch to have him on the team. Not to mention they'd probably rather have him on their side than beating their asses like he did in atlantis attacks. And if Moonknight is just a reserve that would imply when the shit hits the fan he's active. Well if they need all new avengers except for Cap and Iron Man then it sure looks like some shit hit some fan.

OoooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhh!

Hitman

Edmonton's milkshake attracts no boys.
DonasaurusRex said:
Ah so 11

Nice comeback!

nomoment

DonasaurusRex said:
Ah so 11

I'm quite aware that Namor and Moonknight are reserve Avengers. You didn't mention Thor previously, so I'm just going to disregard your mention of him.

OF COURSE IT WOULDN'T BE A STRETCH TO HAVE THOR ON THE TEAM, YOU JACKASS. HE'S UH, JUST ONE OF THE ORIGINAL FOUR.

But, I notice you're coyly dodging the issue of you suggesting GHOST RIDER and PUNISHER being Avengers. These were (along with Daredevil - who has been a reserve member for as long as anyone can remember) the three guys that shouldn't on an Avengers team no matter what.

Can't back up your reason for suggesting Ghost Rider and Punisher, eh?

Or maybe I'm just not as "90s kewl" as you. Sorry.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I gotta kind of root for that Donasarus guy since there's a chance he doesn't like Rob Liefeld like Nomo does.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
Im more of a Silvestri / Portacio guy myself. And nomo

You didn't mention Thor previously, so I'm just going to disregard your mention of him.

let me direct you to my first post.

What the hell happened to Thor and The Vision??? its not the avengers without them dammit!

They should take out spider woman and cage, add namor , ghost rider and punisher. Hell bring back moonight! Put in daredevil while your at it, Wolverine doesnt need to be back in the gov agent roll that was done to death in tons of his early stories.

You say im dodging why ghost rider and punisher should be on the team, but you've never said why they shouldn't be. Your telling me the Hulk isnt a loner? The whole premise of the character is he cant be around those he love and live his life because of the desctructive nature of the beast within. Hell so what if they are loners the avengers is just an assembly of heros that step up to the challenge, any hero willing to make a sacrifice for the common good of the people can be one hence why nearly every superhero in the marvel universe IS one to an extent. Its not about, does this character FIT in the goup? Its about making a story that they FIT into and telling it to the reader regardless of which characters are present. Plenty of loners have been avengers, quicksilver and scarlet witch didnt trust them for the longest they were loners and only trusted each other before becoming avengers, same thing goes for diamondback she was a loner assasin that joined the team. In case you dont remember hawkeye was a loner as well , and he tried to kick iron mans ass to get recognition before joining up with the Avengers.

Willco

Hollywood Square
OOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooh.

Alucard

Banned
Bah. As long as Bendis makes the stories interesting then I really don't see the problem with any of the new crew. He himself has mentioned that the Avengers have always had a rotating team since their inception. I've never read the book myself but I don't see why people are so up-in-arms about some of these decisions.

With that in mind, PICK UP POWERS.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
nomoment said:
I refuse to admit I got owned.

Anybody who likes Whilce Portacio has no credibility.

The elitist comic book mentality is now upsetting my stomach, please stop.

nomoment

To detract away from the notion that I might have been owned, here is the cover to New Avengers #1:

newavengers1.jpg

Now why don't you hotshots start quizzing me on Daredevil or Flash... you'll never win!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom