• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 PC Thread: Fixing Bioware's broke-ass console port, now with holstering

Jibbed

Can someone please re-up the 3Dizzy Xpadder profile?

I can't seem to download it for some reason, and the forum where it's originally posted doesn't allow new registrations.

Alright, so I'm ready to double my Effective military strength. I've got the Gibbed save editor. How exactly do I double my EMS using the tool?

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Alright, so I'm ready to double my Effective military strength. I've got the Gibbed save editor. How exactly do I double my EMS using the tool?

Can't you just set your war asset number up high enough that even with a low EMS ratio you have enough? Or is that not something you can adjust?

Is someone releasing high res textures? Is there a link to them all somewhere?

Also, is anyone else not able to get the FOV fix to work anymore since Origin just patched ME3?? It isn't working for me anymore. :/

Rapstah

How the hell do I actually use the Widescreen Fixer tool? These are my options:

widescreenfixermpkrg.png

I start the game through Origin and the tool properly detects that and switches to Game Running: Yes. During the Bioware intro cinematic I press the designated hot key and the tool tells me Fix Enabled: Yes. Yet nothing has changed when I get into the game. Do I need to enable interface centering for it to actually apply the FOV fix?

jarosh

How the hell do I actually use the Widescreen Fixer tool? These are my options:

widescreenfixermpkrg.png

I start the game through Origin and the tool properly detects that and switches to Game Running: Yes. During the Bioware intro cinematic I press the designated hot key and the tool tells me Fix Enabled: Yes. Yet nothing has changed when I get into the game. Do I need to enable interface centering for it to actually apply the FOV fix?

It's funny, for me it only worked after I'd pressed the hotkey in-game again (which then technically disabled the fix) and then loaded a save again manually, after which I'd press the hotkey a THIRD time, thus enabling the fix once more. At that point the camera would immediately jump back and the correct FOV was enabled. Curiously, after I'd done this whole spiel once, the fix now always worked immediately after enabling it during the intro cinematic.

-

Use widescreen fixer.

That's what I'm using. It's not working for me since the ME3 patch.

Edit: I can't stand playing this game with the default FOV. If anyone has any tips on how to get this to work again for me, pleeeeeeeaaaase let me know.

It used to jump into the FOV setting after sprinting for a few seconds and rolling, now it doesn't ever jump into the proper FOV it's just stuck in the default. The Fixer says it's running though.

You can just use the Coalesced.ini editor to change FOV, or wait for the guy to update the program.

Won't that risk me getting banned from the online server or something? Also I think doing it that way doesn't account for cutscenes like the widescreenfix does, but I could be wrong. People in this thread are also acting like widescreenfixer is still working for them despite the ME3 patch, are other people in the same boat as me or is it just me having this problem?

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
You won't get banned for modifying the file to alter the way SP works. However, you may be right that it won't work in cut scenes.

People may be "acting" like that because their posts were made days/weeks before the patch.

Just picked up ME3 from Amazon after finishing ME2 (again). Can I get a comprehensive list of essential mods or tweaks to make the game look/perform better?

Lime

Just picked up ME3 from Amazon after finishing ME2 (again). Can I get a comprehensive list of essential mods or tweaks to make the game look/perform better?

The thread is only 6 pages long, you could try to read through it. In terms of mods, check Bioware's project site and sort by date updated. The texture mods for ME3 will show.

One person doing high res mods is this guy: http://smarteck.imgur.com/

- J - D -

Amazing work, especially on Garrus. I guess I just wasn't noticing it when playing through the first time, but man, the texturing on Garrus was just awful.

Replicant

More textures from the same guy (smarteck). He takes some liberties with the original art, but at least it's at higher resolutions. Be prepared for jpg artifacts.

EDI

A8q6i.jpg

d2lj6.jpg

y6UGf.jpg

Fo6IG.jpg

EDI ones are such an improvement. I can't believe how awful and blurry the original textures are even on PC.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
I've never heard the Spanish voice cast.

I didn't notice it, but I don't like that he put her name and the Alliance logo on her.

Actually both Tali and EDI's alternative costumes are much more detailed than their defaults, at least this one.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Did he have to add a shitty sharpening effect to the screenshots he took, and save them with awful jpg compression?

The textures are okay I guess. Denim armour texture is balls, and little details like the EDI Alliance tag on her suit annoy me. Whats-his-face's work on ME2 was better.

Lime

Also, cameltoe.

Seriously though:

The problem with Smarteck's textures is that he reuses the same ones on different characters, besides already taking many liberties with the original art. The Garrus' armour is the same as the Normandy metals (and Liara's), the Liara textures are used again on Shep's armour (which looks awful), parts of the armours have not been fixed.

For example, take a look at this picture:

masseffect32012-04-18ffap5.png

The "jean fabric" metallic texture on her left arm is used again
The dotted texture is used on Shep's helmet and Liara's chest texture
There are also severe light map issues with some textures. Liara's suit turns black in the Normandy cabin if viewed from a distance.
The left hand texture has not been fixed
The helmet looks atrocious

It's just "sloppy" texture work, especially when he/she is taking so much liberty with the original art. I wish JeanLuc (the guy who did textures for ME2) would return.

Moaradin

I liked the smooth, clean look of the original design. These just look ugly. Why can't there be a texture pack with higher textures without fucking up the original art?

- J - D -

I didn't even notice his/her small changes to EDI, namely the added lights, the alliance logo, and her new name tag. Uh, don't like that.

I don't mind the texturing on Garrus though. I don't see it as denim in appearance.

The Mass Effect games seem to stress my PC out way more than they should. Playing ME2 my GPU fan span up and the case got warm to the touch, to the point where I had to turn the exhaust fans up to max to keep it under control. I wasn't too worried about it since ME2 was weird (it had that bug where loading screens would take forever on a dual core unless you tabbed out and set the affinity to one core) but ME3 does it too.

The fan on my GTX560 doesn't normally audibly spin up even when playing demanding games like Crysis or Metro 2033. It's weird.

is there a significant boost in performance for the PC version over the PS3? I thought about gifting my PS3 and getting the 30 dollar PC version from Amazon.

You are going to max it out and get well above 60fps. Never seen the ps3 version but i can almost guarantee pc version is better.

That was one of my complaints with PS3. The framerate gets so damn choppy during cutscenes and sometimes people don't even render. Its just invisible people talking.

Its just invisible people talking.

You get that a fair bit on the PC too, it isn't so much the people aren't "rendering" it is a case of the characters are not standing where they are supposed to stand. These are bugs that Bioware will never fix I am afraid no matter what platform you play the game on.

Any idea why the game wont acknowledge my 360 controller? I downloaded xpadder and it has ME3 as the profile but when I get in game it doesn't work.

Mr_Zombie

I haven't played the game yet, but did they explained why does EDI look like that? Why does a body for AI need a pretty face, tits, an ass and a tight suite?

Lime

I haven't played the game yet, but did they explained why does EDI look like that? Why does a body for AI need a pretty face, tits, an ass and a tight suite?

Don't forget cameltoe!

tumblr_m1di5uAO1l1qlhaj6o1_500.png

I thought Bioware's character design couldn't get more creepy after Miranda and that pirate woman from Dragon Age 2, but apparently they could.

Top Bottom