• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Max Official The Penguins Trailer

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
That's fuckin' crazy that this is this guy

oscars-colin-farrell-zz-230312-01-a2c1d5.jpg

jason10mm

Gold Member
Wasn't there already like a 3 season show about Penguin (or am I just thinking about Gotham)?

Who woulda thunk we would get SO MUCH Penguin ahead of Joker, Riddler, and all the other Batman Rogues Gallery? Or that we, in general, have like 3 Batman adjacent shows on each year but never just a straight Batman show outside of animation?

FunkMiller

Wasn't there already like a 3 season show about Penguin (or am I just thinking about Gotham)?

Who woulda thunk we would get SO MUCH Penguin ahead of Joker, Riddler, and all the other Batman Rogues Gallery? Or that we, in general, have like 3 Batman adjacent shows on each year but never just a straight Batman show outside of animation?

I think it's due to Farrell's performance more than anything. They took one look at it and wanted more. Which I agree with, to be honest. It was a tremendous performance and I'm looking forward to the show. It's so vastly different from that Gotham series crap, it feels like a different franchise.

Also, I remain convinced Batman will turn up in this at some point. Pattinson was suspiciously absent from public view a while back, and I see no reason why they wouldn't have him appear in this.

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Calendar man show next? Jesus Christ WB loves to milk the batman universe dry don't they? Hard to imagine this going past one season.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Calendar man show next? Jesus Christ WB loves to milk the batman universe dry don't they? Hard to imagine this going past one season.
If that's all the story they want to tell I'm ok with it. A more british style of "short run series intermittently released as we make it" is preferable for these prestigue serialized shows than a "well, we gotta crank out 10 more eps of this, start creating some love triangles and more mystery boxes!" attitude of annual releases.

Top Bottom