• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

McDonald’s Will Soon Offer Delivery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malyse

McDonald’s is trying to figure out how to keep sales growing as the all-day breakfast boost dies down, and the chain seems to have identified the next big thing: delivery.

The Golden Arches stated in a filing on Wednesday that it is experimenting with different delivery models, including partnering with third-party delivery services throughout the world. “One of the most significant disruptions in the restaurant business today is the rapid increase in delivery,” the filing stated. “Coupled with the explosive growth in third-party delivery companies, the landscape has created an exceptional opportunity for growth,” according to the document.

“No other food company in the world has this reach and ability to be this convenient to so many customers through delivery,” the company said. In McDonald’s five largest markets — US, France, the UK, Germany, and Canada — nearly 75% of the population live within 3 miles of a McDonald’s. “Because of our extraordinary footprint, McDonald’s is uniquely positioned to become the global leader in delivery.”
https://www.buzzfeed.com/venessawon...offer-delivery?utm_term=.aa1b0v4yJ#.qnWNnXAlD

jmdajr

MDonalds has to be eaten as soon as it's made.

It has to be the worst cold/re-heated food in the world.

Wall-E%2Bobese%2Bhumans%2B-%2Bcropped.jpg

No thanks. There's no guarantee you get a fresh burger handed out the window, I would never chance something that's taken a trip.

Sephzilla

MDonalds has to be eaten as soon as it's made.

It has to be the worst cold/re-heated food in the world.

yeah, McDonalds delivery seems like a suspect idea to me considering McDonads tastes awful cold/reheated and half the time the food you get is lukewarm upon receiving it

They deliver in Seoul. I've seen delivery guys delivering what looks like a single meal in my apartment block, I think you should have to order over $10 for delivery.

painey

I live in Minneapolis and noticed this week that I have been getting targeted ads for McDonalds delivery via third party delivery services. I've never seen McDonalds on them before, so I guess they just started. It doesn't make sense to me, though. Of all the food that I could get delivered in this city, McDonalds isn't even top 20.. it's cheap food you would get because it's convenient, not delicious.

OnkelC

Hail to the Chef
to be fair, the (Corporate-owned) McD branch next to my place only makes stuff on order now and the quality is fresh and good. I wouldn't mind a delivery if it is quick as well.

They'd better figure out how to keep those fries warm, because once they're cold they're pretty much dead.

edit: okay I can see some of you guys share the same thoughts!

MGrant

We've had it in Taiwan for a while. Also fried chicken and soup from McDonald's. It's not great food, but sometimes you just don't feel like going out or cooking.

Kittygirl

Told my sister about this. She laughed, and pointed out that whenever she went there, the food was usually lukewarm. No way she would do delivery.

She's self-employed, so can make a food run when she wants.

CazTGG

McDonald's know that Just Eat is a thing, right? Why would anyone have McDonald's delivered when they have options for food that doesn't taste terrible?

MD may be bad, but reheated Burger King has to be what birds feed to their young.

How do you know what young bird food tastes like?

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
On one hand this is a great way to leverage the advantage they have by their sheer number of their locations.

But on the other hand they had better charge at least cost for delivery because I can't imagine their margins on the dollar menu stuff in particular is very good. Delivery means more people hired and covering mileage. Then again there are mcds everywhere so its not like the mileage would be that big.

A minimum amount order could be possibly good to justify the driver's excursion. If you want a couple burgers fuck you, but if you're buying, say, $10+ in combos for a family of three then sure.

Nerdkiller

Membeur
I live in Minneapolis and noticed this week that I have been getting targeted ads for McDonalds delivery via third party delivery services. I've never seen McDonalds on them before, so I guess they just started. It doesn't make sense to me, though. Of all the food that I could get delivered in this city, McDonalds isn't even top 20.. it's cheap food you would get because it's convenient, not delicious.
Yeah, we had a service that also did that before. They don't do it anymore I believe, probably due to you requiring a credit card to pay for delivery whereas they other restaurants they deliver from didn't make it mandatory.

Saya

McDonald's, Burger King, KFC, and most other fast food joints have been delivering their food 24/7 for ages in Indonesia. If there are people delivering pizzas, why not the same thing for burgers and fries and whatnot?

My tip for a speedy delivery: always add some cheap ice cream to your order, so your order is the one delivered first if your delivery driver has multiple orders.

McDonalds delivers here until 12am I think... not sure... All I know is I ordered 2 big macs at 8pm and got them at freaking 10pm. Let me tell you McDonalds is not that great cold. Yeah the convenience is super awesome but... god damn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom