• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

McDonalds Japan to debut “American Vintage” menu January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
McDonalds Japan “American Vintage” Menu Debuts January 2014

gjcjk1c.png
LghtMCS.png

McDonalds Japan is bringing customers back to the good ol’ days with their new “American Vintage” menu items. Similar to McDonalds France’s “Breads & America” promotion Japan has created burgers that supposedly sums up American culture.

The American Vintage menu features “1950′s diner fare, 1970′s soul food and 1980′s pop culture cuisine”. The three menus will make their debut throughout January and February.
The 1950′s American Diner will kick off the promotion with menu items available starting January 7 and lasting until about the end of the month.

Items on the 1950′s themed menu includes the Diner Double Beef with Chicago-style steak sauce and mashed potatoes (as seen below). It also looks like McDonalds’ signature round egg also sits atop the retro burger. Other items include the Diner Honey Mustard and Classic Fries with cheese and bacon flavor topping. Seriously McDonalds, if those fries don’t scream America I don’t know what will. How about making those bad boys available on our side of the world?

Diner Double Beef with Chicago-style steak sauce and mashed potatoes:

2ZkcdL1.png

Diner Honey Mustard with honey mustard, bacon, cheddar cheese and lettuce:

ZA63GIt.png

Classic Fries with Cheese, served with a sprinkle of “Bacon flavor topping:

xqfBdQt.png

The 1970′s Soul Food menu includes items that literally have the word “groovy” in front of them to get them in that 70′s spirit. The sandwiches are “Hot & Groovy” and are available in both chicken and beef. The 1970′s menu will run from the end of January until mid-February when the 1980′s Pop Culture menu will round out the promotion until the start of March.

Hot & Groovy Chicken & Hot & Groovy Beef:

hI1DMai.png
JRBvjJi.png

Similar to the laziness of the 1970′s menu the supposed 80's pop culture menu includes American BBQ Chicken, which is a fried chicken patty that looks a bit like a McChicken just sitting on some barbecue sauce. Yes, there’s a beef version of this too, the American BBQ Beef is a McDouble with some bacon on top of a barbecue sauce soaked bun.

American BBQ Chicken & American BBQ Beef:

YRE8Xj1.png
cWAGvtJ.png

If this is what their fast food restaurants are telling them about the 50's, I wonder what their History classes in school are saying. lol.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
This is what I love about McD's in Japan. They're constantly putting new burgers and stuff on the menu. I'll definitely have to check this out some time.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
It seems like every month Japan is constantly beating the US at their own game. It's shameful. Diner Honey Mustard looks beautiful.

I can't decide whether I want to throw up, or eat a Diner Double Beef.

I guess I want to eat a Diner Double Beef, then throw up.

Keyouta

Needs more Canadian Poutine.

Also, bring it to Canada, or at least outside Japan. I hate that other countries get special menus every once in a while, but we're stuck with the same old all the time.

Oh man

They need to bring that promotion over the NA

Won't happen in the US, because they don't really give a shit(and don't really need to).
They have the market share and know we will eat there. We are stuck with them, its part of American life.
Most we get is seasonal items(mcrib) and a few tests and monopoly as their big promotion.
Kinda dumb when you think about it, Wendy's total sales went up more than 5% just from introducing a burger with a pretzel bun.
Dorito taco has been huge success for Taco Bell.

On the other hand they don't in Japan so they have to go all out to crowbar their way into daily Japanese life.

Steelrain

So what will these look like when actually served? Like real food took a shit, similar to how US McD food looks?
Yep. These creations always look good in the promos but look like a fucking bomb exploded in execution. It's even worse in Japan because they like to pile random ingredients and sauces on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom