• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MCU Fantastic Four is casting now, and the RUMORED cast so far is…

ManaByte

Gold Member
Adam Driver as Reed

5f8f62b954bf286f780a8f5a9e4579e2

Jodie Comer and Paul Mescal as Sue and Johnny Storm
PAUL%20MESCAL%20JODIE%20COMER%20030423.jpg

Antonio Banderas as Galactus.
Happy Antonio Banderas GIF

AND NO MILA KUNIS ISN’T THE THING

Ah yes, the same adam driver that we got in star wars, girls, and the rest of his movies.

Guys a one trick pony.

Good actor surely, best part about ST, but i dont see him/his voice/his persona/etc. well cast for that role.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
Does Adam driver have a lot of good output outside of the Star wars films? I have never seen him in anything other than that but the guy clearly keeps getting work.

As for the overall casting it's whatever. I stopped trying to draw wild conclusions about casting after they cast Johnny Storm as Captain America and Heath ledger is the joker. These days you can't really judge a casting decision until you see it on the screen.

Pagusas

Elden Member
I just can’t see it, Driver is an awkward looking fella, doesn’t fit the Reed look.

I could more believe him as doctor doom

MrMephistoX

Does Adam driver have a lot of good output outside of the Star wars films? I have never seen him in anything other than that but the guy clearly keeps getting work.

As for the overall casting it's whatever. I stopped trying to draw wild conclusions about casting after they cast Johnny Storm as Captain America and Heath ledger is the joker. These days you can't really judge a casting decision until you see it on the screen.
He was pretty good Black Klansman and had a ridiculously bad Italian accent in House of Gucci.

Don't know, but feel like this is the last days of the dominance of Comic book films.

If I were a betting man, films and shows that are video game adaptations will start to come out in droves now with the critical success of TLOU and Dungeon and Dragons plus the box office success of the Sonic films and the Mario movie.

IMO and maybe I am biased, but stories from video games are much more creative than comic book stories, also more versatile. All of these video game stories need are good script writers to help translate it on screen.

All of these comic book stories are the same. Big baddie wants to destroy the world, its up to whatever hero(s) to save it. Rinse and repeat. No versatility at all.

Sleepwalker

I watched his latest movie "65". It was dogshit.

Bridges

He was great in Logan Lucky.

Though I haven't personally seen it, every girl I know gushes over his performance in Marriage Story.

DKehoe

Pity that Mescal is getting drawn into the franchise conveyer belt. He was incredible in Aftersun. Hopefully the money from this allows him to do more interesting projects.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
The phase thing was cool the first time. Now its just fucking stupid. Phase 6, 7, 8 sounds exactly like the Fast and the Furious series. Just make good movies and thats it.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Ah yes, the same adam driver that we got in star wars, girls, and the rest of his movies.

Guys a one trick pony.

Good actor surely, best part about ST, but i dont see him/his voice/his persona/etc. well cast for that role.
He was a bit different in The Last Duel.

kunonabi

Driver doesn't fit my image of Reed but I think he can nail the character, assuming marvel isn't going to screw him up like usual these days, and Comer is fantastic choice for Sue. I'm not feeling the guy for Johnny but I haven't seen him in anything so maybe he can pull it off with his personality and charisma.

It would certainly be a better cast than I would have expected from them at least.

jason10mm

Gold Member
He is competent in everything I've seen him in. Even that ridiculous "65" film works because of him.

Plus he joined the Marines after 9/11, so he's an actor that I'll willingly support.

Still don't see him as Reed though, he is too quirky. Reed needs that Brad Pitt energy or Clooney suave. Or just get Jim Carrey and save on the cgi budget because he can do all the facial stretchy stiff on his own :p

Top Bottom