• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 01/12 - 01/18

Jaruru

doicare said:
I've managed to get my hands on some pre order numbers for japan (don't ask), now i can't give away the exact numbers but i thought i'd share what i can, in the what i call the everything compared to dragon quest 9 list:

Dragon Quest 9 4.5x > Yakuza 3
Dragon Quest 9 5x > Resident Evil 5 (PS3)
Dragon Quest 9 12x > Star Ocean 4
Dragon Quest 9 17x > Street Fighter 4 (PS3)
Dragon Quest 9 35x > Resident Evil 5 (XBOX360)

how many million(s) is that for DQ9 pre order?

apujanata

doicare said:
No, but thanks for being a dick about it when i'm offering some sales info to this thread. That link you gave might be close on some of the console games i listed but it's off on half of the handheld games that i have info for and a few more console games you can add to list i made which isn't on the link you gave are:

Dragon Quest 9 42x > Demon's Souls
Dragon Quest 9 58x > Street Fighter 4 (XBOX360)
Dragon Quest 9 63x > Halo Wars

Dragon Quest 9 7.5x > Final Fantasy VII Advent Children Complete Blu Ray

Any game that are lower in preorder # than Halo Wars ? It was the lowest you gave so far.

doicare

Stumpokapow said:
dude honestly if you can't give even a general source ("a retail chain", "an online retailer", "internal numbers from a publisher", "a sales tracking service") then we don't want or need the numbers.

I don't mean to be dismissive, but there's so much baloney out there that if you can't toss a bone to authenticate yourself to anyone then there's not much sense in putting forward the numbers.
The bottom line is i know people who work in the industry and they have either direct or indirect access to various sales numbers. Add to that i know other people who are interested in sales numbers and they have there own people that they know who work for gaming companies who give them different stats and numbers.

I have to say tho it's pretty sad that people on the internet want to call bullshit when i and others post numbers, it was the same deal when i posted about how well Little Big Planet was selling, i just got a load of sh*t thrown my way. I'm doing something nice for people who are interested in numbers and if certain people want to act like dicks about it then i won't bother posting any stats and they can just wait weeks, months or for never to get the numbers.

donny2112 said:
It's definitely not retailer pre-order numbers. :lol

Thanks for sharing. :)
Nope not retail pre-order numbers. :)

BishopLamont said:
Nice to see that you spread your immaturity evenly between the PAL and Media Create threads.

AniHawk said:
Many Bothans died to bring us this information.
No just a few cups of coffee made the sacrifice to bring you these stats.

doicare said:
The bottom line is i know people who work in the industry and they have either direct or indirect access to various sales numbers. Add to that i know other people who are interested in sales numbers and they have there own people that they know who work for gaming companies who give them different stats and numbers.

I have to say tho it's pretty sad that people on the internet want to call bullshit when i and others post numbers, it was the same deal when i posted about how well Little Big Planet was selling, i just got a load of sh*t thrown my way. I'm doing something nice for people who are interested in numbers and if certain people want to act like dicks about it then i won't bother posting any stats and they can just wait weeks, months or for never to get the numbers.
You seriously have to understand why people don't just trust whatever numbers any random person throws out there without a source, don't you? For all anyone knows, you could easily be making shit up. You're no one to no one around here, except for being known as one of the lunatic PS3 fans.

But even if you didn't constantly grind an agenda around here, we still wouldn't just trust numbers on your word. Because you see, people on the internet sometimes lie!

D.Lo

Link said:
Sorry, but this train of thought has run its course. It's been over two years. There should at least be announcements of big games by now.
I am mostly on your train by now.

doicare

Segata Sanshiro said:
You seriously have to understand why people don't just trust whatever numbers any random person throws out there without a source, don't you? For all anyone knows, you could easily be making shit up. You're no one to no one around here, except for being known as one of the lunatic PS3 fans.

But even if you didn't constantly grind an agenda around here, we still wouldn't just trust numbers on your word. Because you see, people on the internet sometimes lie!

O don't worry i 100% get it, but it doesn't change my opinions on it all tho. The options are either post the numbers then give away all the names and details of where i got them from which would get alot of people into trouble and myself probably banned for my troubles, or i can post enough numbers until people realise i'm a reliable source but in the meantime have a bunch of people laugh and talk sh*t at me or i can just keep the numbers to myself.....a great selection of options....And for the record no im not some 'lunatic ps3 fan' nor do i have an 'agenda', one quick look at the neo gaf xbox360 game/achievement leaderboard would show you how much of a fan i am of the 360 not to mention that i also own a wii. But hey like i said either take my numbers or leave them.

duckroll

I don't care if you work in the industry or if you're just making shit up. Sales-age doesn't care for "insider" info without a source especially with nonsensical comparisons like "x1.5 DQIX". It's useless for discussion. Either stop posting crap like that or post proper numbers with a specific source, otherwise if you continue doing this you'll be banned.

doicare said:
O don't worry i 100% get it, but it doesn't change my opinions on it all tho. The options are either post the numbers then give away all the names and details of where i got them from which would get alot of people into trouble and myself probably banned for my troubles, or i can post enough numbers until people realise i'm a reliable source but in the meantime have a bunch of people laugh and talk sh*t at me or i can just keep the numbers to myself.....a great selection of options....And for the record no im not some 'lunatic ps3 fan' nor do i have an 'agenda', one quick look at the neo gaf xbox360 game/achievement leaderboard would show you how much of a fan i am of the 360 not to mention that i also own a wii. But hey like i say to everybody either take my numbers or leave them.
I understand why you can't reveal your source, I've been in a similar position many times, but you can't really complain when people doubt you if you are unable to reveal your source.

AppleBlade

When is the fact that the PS3 outsells the 360 by a more then 2 to 1 ratio in Japan going to result in getting actual JRPG's for the system?

doicare

duckroll said:
I don't care if you work in the industry or if you're just making shit up. Sales-age doesn't care for "insider" info without a source especially with nonsensical comparisons like "x1.5 DQIX". It's useless for discussion. Either stop posting crap like that or post proper numbers with a specific source, otherwise if you continue doing this you'll be banned.

Yeeeaah... i'll just keep the sales info i get to myself then, i can't be bothered with all the bs, in my opinion what i posted was interesting and could be discused.

gantz85

Banned
MrVargas said:
When is the fact that the PS3 outsells the 360 by a more then 2 to 1 ratio in Japan going to result in getting actual JRPG's for the system?

When moneyhats no longer compensate for the lack of userbase.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
doicare said:
I've managed to get my hands on some pre order numbers for japan (don't ask), now i can't give away the exact numbers but i thought i'd share what i can, in the what i call the everything compared to dragon quest 9 list:

Dragon Quest 9 4.5x > Yakuza 3
Dragon Quest 9 5x > Resident Evil 5 (PS3)
Dragon Quest 9 12x > Star Ocean 4
Dragon Quest 9 17x > Street Fighter 4 (PS3)
Dragon Quest 9 35x > Resident Evil 5 (XBOX360)

thx for the information :)

C.T.

doicare said:

Nope not retail pre-order numbers. :)

Nice to see that you spread your immaturity evenly between the PAL and Media Create threads.

No just a few cups of coffee made the sacrifice to bring you these stats.

I think it's not just him who thinks you've lost a lot of credibility thanks to your stubbornness in defending your embarrassing "school holiday"-theory in europe (UK) sales age.

doicare said:
Yeeeaah... i'll just keep the sales info i get to myself then, i can't be bothered with all the bs, in my opinion what i posted was interesting and could be discused.

Pot calling the kettle black with this one

doicare

For the sake of this thread i'm not going to reply to the latest round of immature posts. If people feel the need to try and insult or drag up old topics then pm me instead where i'll crack your nuts there instead of in public :lol. But one thing i will say, people keep harping on about proof and criticize me, yet despite me supossidly having a 'reputation' nobody is yet to post a single thing that conclusively proves me wrong, just some food for thought there....

EDarkness

Segata Sanshiro said:
I understand why you can't reveal your source, I've been in a similar position many times, but you can't really complain when people doubt you if you are unable to reveal your source.

I don't understand why people are giving him a hard time. There are lots of people on this forum who work in the industry in some form or another or know someone who does. Giving someone a hard time about whether or not they'll reveal their "source" is just too much and unrealistic. Take it with a grain of salt and move on to something else.

doicare said:
For the sake of this thread i'm not going to reply to the latest round of immature posts. If people feel the need to try and insult or drag up old topics then pm me instead where i'll crack your nuts there instead of in public :lol. But one thing i will say, people keep harping on about proof and criticize me, yet despite me supossidly having a 'reputation' nobody is yet to post a single thing that conclusively proves me wrong, just some food for thought there....
Oh boy cracking nuts, how mature. You have no proof for your "numbers" and yet at the same time you expect people to prove you wrong?

Hypocrisy at its finest.

EDarkness said:
I don't understand why people are giving him a hard time. There are lots of people on this forum who work in the industry in some form or another or know someone who does. Giving someone a hard time about whether or not they'll reveal their "source" is just too much and unrealistic. Take it with a grain of salt and move on to something else.
His post history, take a peek.

RpgN

EDarkness said:

Numbers are serious business. It can be used in measuring trends etc. A reliable source is a must to trust these numbers. I think it would be wise not to share them if you're not planning on giving a source, eventhough I understand that he's trying to be helpful without revealing his identity (if he's working for a company).

EDarkness said:
No, it's not. Not in this kind of thread. The line between these threads being interesting and informative or being a complete and utter shitpile of anarchy is that the numbers are very openly sourced from a third party that anyone can verify.

If no one has to back up their numbers, the whole thing turns into crap. I could say I have an inside source that NiGHTS JoD sold a million copies off the radar and that MGS4 actually only sold six copies, and without a requirement for sources, you couldn't prove me wrong or right, which would basically end up in sales threads turning into shouting matches of NUH UH UH HUNH NUH UH UH HUNH NUH UH UH HUNH.

You want to read that kind of shit, there are lots of places on the internet you can do that. But not here, okay? Insider hinting is a bannable offence here for a reason.

EDarkness

RpgN said:
Numbers are serious business. It can be used in measuring trends etc. A reliable source is a must to trust these numbers. I think it would be wise not to share them if you're not planning on giving a source, eventhough I understand that he's trying to be helpful without revealing his identity (if he's working for a company).

Thing is no one should be using what he posted for anything important. Especially the way it was presented. Right or wrong I can't imagine anyone who's serious about numbers taking them seriously or doing so without contacting him for authentication. For the rest of us, it's just something interesting to see. I do think that perhaps there should be a disclaimer about the authenticity of the information. That's my opinion. Perhaps you guys are being a bit hard on the guy.

The kicker is he didn't even post numbers. DQ9 > Barbie's magical bosoms x9274758. How informative!

EDarkness said:
Thing is no one should be using what he posted for anything important. Especially the way it was presented. Right or wrong I can't imagine anyone who's serious about numbers taking them seriously or doing so without contacting him for authentication. For the rest of us, it's just something interesting to see. I do think that perhaps there should be a disclaimer about the authenticity of the information. That's my opinion. Perhaps you guys are being a bit hard on the guy.
It sets a precedent. Fools will do the same thing and shit up these threads because there is no way to confirm their numbers.

RpgN

EDarkness said:

This is an informative thread that is reliable. In order to keep it like that, we have be a little tough. Though, I don't think others members tried to be hard on him, but just try to prevent it from happening again by other users.

doicare

BishopLamont said:
Oh boy cracking nuts, how mature. You have no proof for your "numbers" and yet at the same time you expect people to prove you wrong?

Hypocrisy at its finest.

His post history, take a peek.

Like i said if you feel the need to continue with the stupid posts pm me instead of wasting space in this thread. For the record, obviously my joke about cracking nuts went over your head because that was irony and you've got what you said about hypocrisy backwards. People want to call me wrong because i don't have proof yet they have no proof of there own to state otherwise, yes i see the hypocrisy there. And as for my post history if anybody looks at my post history they will see somebody who's interested in sales where as with you they'll see a huge nintendo 'fanboy' who has some messed up problem with me because in another thread i talked about kids and the influence on wii sales, so that must make me the enemy :lol.

Next week releases:

01/26 - 02/01/2009

NDS:
01/29 Annie no Atelier: Sera Shima no Renkijutsushi
01/29 Annie no Atelier: Sera Shima no Renkijutsushi (Premium Box)
01/29 Boku to Sim no Machi: Resort ni Genki o Torimodosou! (EA Best Hits)
01/29 Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time
01/29 Hirameki Action: Chibikko Wagyan no Daiki na Bouken
01/29 Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution
01/29 Sims 2: Hacha Mecha Hotel Life (EA Best Hits)
01/29 Taiheiyou no Arashi DS
01/29 Tomb Raider Underworld
01/29 Vampire Kishi DS
01/29 Vampire Kishi DS (Limited Edition)

PSP:
01/29 Memories Off #5: Togireta Film
01/29 Memories Off #5: Togireta Film (Limited Edition)
01/29 Princess Maker 4 Portable (Best Hit Selection)
01/29 Ratchet & Clank 5: Gekitotsu! Dodeka Ginga no MiriMiri Gundan (PSP the Best)
01/29 Rockman DASH (w/ RockMan DASH 2 Value Pack)
01/29 Soul Eater: Battle Resonance
01/29 Street Fighter Zero 3 Double Upper (w/Vampire Chronicle Value Pack)
01/29 Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 2
01/29 World Soccer Winning Eleven 2009

PS2:
01/29 Dance Dance Revolution X
01/29 Harukanaru Toki no Naka de Yumenoukihashi Special
01/29 Harukanaru Toki no Naka de Yumenoukihashi Special (Premium Box)
01/29 Harukanaru Toki no Naka de Yumenoukihashi Special (Treasure Box)
01/29 Soul Eater: Battle Resonance
01/29 World Soccer Winning Eleven 2009

01/31 Fukakutei Sekai no Tantei Shinshi: Akugyou Futaasa no Jiken File
01/31 Fukakutei Sekai no Tantei Shinshi: Akugyou Futaasa no Jiken File (Lijmited Edition)

X360:
01/29 Ketsui: Kizuna Jigoku Tachi Extra
01/29 Ninja Blade
01/29 Tom Clancy's EndWar

PS3:
01/29 Lost Planet: Extreme Condition (PlayStation 3 the Best)

Wii:
01/29 Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time

Haunted

Sourceless numbers aren't wanted around here, simple as that.

We appreciate that you have insider connections and are willing to share your unique knowledge, but without any kind of verifiable source - we simply can't and won't use them.

I don't know what beef you and bishoplamont have, though, you guys seem kinda hostile to each other. >_<

doicare said:

:lol

Do I care that you have some special "insidah" source that is most likely bullshit? Nope.

I've just seen this thing happen a million and one times. Some uber insider talks about shitty useless numbers without a source, is proven wrong, and a bunch of posts are dedicated to said shitty useless numbers.

Pachael

The Experiment said:
:lol

Do I care that you have some special "insidah" source that is most likely bullshit? Nope.

I've just seen this thing happen a million and one times. Some uber insider talks about shitty useless numbers without a source, is proven wrong, and a bunch of posts are dedicated to said shitty useless numbers.

There's a website dedicated to shitty numbers without a source with lots of posts, but I'll leave it at that.

doicare said:
Like i said if you feel the need to continue with the stupid posts pm me instead of wasting space in this thread. For the record, obviously my joke about cracking nuts went over your head because that was irony and you've got what you said about hypocrisy backwards. People want to call me wrong because i don't have proof yet they have no proof of there own to state otherwise, yes i see the hypocrisy there. And as for my post history if anybody looks at my post history they will see somebody who's interested in sales where as with you they'll see a huge nintendo 'fanboy' who has some messed up problem with me because in another thread i talked about kids and the influence on wii sales, so that must make me the enemy :lol.
Yeah because clearly I'm the only one that is against your theories and numbers huh? You're the one that is claiming something, you bear the burden of proof. I'm the fanboy? Show me a post where I make up bullshit theories or slander the 360 or PS3.

Oxx said:
I'm looking forward to the Echoes of Time DS vs Echoes of Time Wii battle royale.
Wii version might pull a crackdown. We'll see.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
dociare- I honestly apologize if I was wrong about where you got your numbers. I checked 3 or 4 of your comparisons and it seemed to match up pretty damn well with that site. Sorry for jumping on you like that.

schuelma

BishopLamont said:
Wii version might pull a crackdown. We'll see.

Yeah I don't think so. There is going to be a trailer that will probably be on the internet before most people get the game (maybe today!). I doubt whether the Wii version will break 50K first week.

Link

The Autumn Wind
I can't wait to see the disaster that is Echoes of Time on the Wii. I have a feeling we're gonna need some popcorn.

MrVargas said:
The PS3 is in a tough position in that regard. A lot of Japanese publishers are looking toward western sales as well these days, and that heavily favors the 360. In the case of a game that is more Japan-centric, it makes more sense to put it on the Wii. (This is under the assumption that the developer is also not considering making a handheld game.)

The only scenario where it makes sense to have a JRPG exclusive to the PS3 is if the developer is adamant about making an HD game that will be staying in Japan only. And I really don't see many publishers biting on that idea.

doicare

BishopLamont said:
Yeah because clearly I'm the only one that is against your theories and numbers huh? You're the one that is claiming something, you bear the burden of proof. I'm the fanboy? Show me a post where I make up bullshit theories or slander the 360 or PS3.
It doesn't matter how many people are against my theories or numbers because when people wanted to criticize me for lack of proof, they had no proof of there own to back up what they were saying. Two 'wrongs' don't make a right and there are plenty of people who don't have a problem with my theories or numbers in the first place anyway. And whilst we are talking about proof i have already conclusivly proven that wii hardware sales go up each time there is a school holiday but i guess you must have missed that thread... And yes you are a nintendo fanboy, one look at your posting history shows how you spend the vast majority of time posting in threads that are solely about nintendo or you go into sales threads and talk about nintendo more then anything else, not to mention how insulting you got whenever i talked about kids influencing wii sales like it was some personal attack on you. As for your last sentence that's your round about way of trying to say i make up bullshit theories and i make up slander about the wii.....got any conclusive proof to back that up?

doicare

schuelma said:
dociare- I honestly apologize if I was wrong about where you got your numbers. I checked 3 or 4 of your comparisons and it seemed to match up pretty damn well with that site. Sorry for jumping on you like that.

No problem, no harm done. The link you gave to that website was pretty interesting, i wonder what there sources are to work out those numbers?

schuelma

doicare said:
And whilst we are talking about proof i have already conclusivly proven that wii hardware sales go up each time there is a school holiday but i guess you must have missed that thread...

Yeah let's leave that shit to the Europe sales threads mkay?

X360:
01/29 Ketsui: Kizuna Jigoku Tachi Extra
01/29 Ninja Blade
01/29 Tom Clancy's EndWar

O: Didn't know this would release so soon. Anyone think it'll beat out NG2's first week? DMC4 sold about 13k more but that's an established franchise (although it's also multiplatform), and NB will be new, but it's from a well-known dev so I'm not sure.

Link

The Autumn Wind
I just noticed the PS2 and PSP versions of WE 2009 are being released. And Konami wonders why the Wii version sells so poorly. How much later is it coming?

schuelma

manueldelalas said:
Yeah because the trailer won't be on youtube five minutes after the game is released.

Hell if we get a leak like Tales of Heart w/ the new Tales we could get the trailer this afternoon!

Top Bottom