• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 09/01 - 09/07

RpgN

No way! Things are getting interesting...But Microsoft is really lucky, why the sudden drop in wii hardware?

Loudninja said:
Umm what signs?I have no idea how you came to that conclusion
Its just before the part bolded part, also known as magically appearing today after a year, with a release date in just 3 months, showing barely nothing new, hino stating how hard it has been, that they don't know if they should put up a playable booth at TGS, that its just the beginning, that they are working very hard when asked that the game should be near completed already...

And previous SCE-Level 5 experience.

Laguna

Banned
Seeing those numbers for Platinum I wonder how the DS sold (and PSP).
And a good bumb for X360, so it managed to outsell the Wii in a week while PS3 didn´t so far. Not too bad.

Brashnir

creamsugar said:
famitsu 9/8 ~ 9/14

360 - 28,681
Wii - 27,057
PS3 - 8,050

Infinite Undiscovery - 86,708

hay guys -- I see a strange swirling vortex behind me. I think this news just broke the space-time continuum. Be careful out there.

Nolan.

The ms numbers would only be interesting if they ever managed to keep it consistent. Which they haven't managed to do so far. Still kind of funny though, Square has some power left...some.

In before jimbo :lol . Very good hardware numbers for 360, wonder how long it'll stay that way (above 20k) - I don't think for long but I guess you'll never know.

IU is very disappointing after the good first day numbers, this will dwindle fast.

botticus

Impressive, I didn't really expect it to beat the week Vesperia launched, especially with a much lower IU debut.

Pokemon is also wow.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Eteric Rice said:
Nintendo needs to do something nao.

Why? Wii hardware is doing what it did last year around this time, except it is more stable. Sony is who needs to be worried...

manzo

Nolan. said:
The ms numbers would only be interesting if they ever managed to keep it consistent. Which they haven't managed to do so far. Still kind of funny though, Square has some power left...some.

MS won't hold the numbers. It'll be down to 3-5k by the end of this month. We've seen these bumps before and the results afterwards.

Amazing for MS. They've still got Last Remnant and Star Ocean coming in the months ahead, too. This could get a little ugly for the PS3 depending on what MS has coming after Star Ocean.

donny2112 said:
1st week sales from Famitsu of past 3rd Pokemon versions.

GBOY Pokemon Yellow Edition: Special Pikachu Edition 851,091
GBOY Pokemon Crystal 707,580
GBA Pokemon Emerald 643,987

Conclusion: 1 million 1st week is an unreasonable expectation. ~600K would fit the trend, but I'd be more optimistic considering Diamond/Pearl is slightly outpacing Ruby/Sapphire.

Prediction: 695K
And yet it happened.
Indifferent2.gif

Dascu

Segata Sanshiro said:
Amazing for MS. They've still got Last Remnant and Star Ocean coming in the months ahead, too. This could get a little ugly for the PS3 depending on what MS has coming after Star Ocean.
Dragon Quest X-box

Johann

I wonder if people will keep the 360 until TLR. And then keep it for SO4.

Strange how the 360 is getting all these JRPGs and Sony is banking on FPS such as Resistance 2, Killzone 2, and MAG.

Johann said:

Strange how the 360 is getting all these JRPGs and Sony is banking on FPS such as Resistance 2, Killzone 2, and MAG.
I'm wondering that myself. I'm going to have to remember to check how many 360s are the in used shops over the next few months. Right now they're completely out, of course.

Nocebo

Well played microsoft, perhaps xbox has a shot in japan yet. If they manage to continue and expand this strategy for their next console they might even get decent sales consistently.

Defuser

Johann said:

Because SCEJ is a piece of shit that's why. It's nearly 2 years and they have not done anything useful at all. I'm glad phil left that shithole which is SCEJ.

RamzaIsCool

The Amiga Brotherhood
okrim said:
Gesus...ps3 is dead in japan, I'm terrible sad ....

They should fire their whole Japan department imo for the fuckfest that is going on the last 2 years. PS3 situation in Japan is truly pathetic, not only the sales but moreso the release scheduel. The system in now what...2 years in the life cycle and still hardly any Japanese made games come out for it. SCEJ hasn't produced shit and get this Square-Enix will have published 5 Xbox360 games before the end of this year and a staggering 0 PS3 games. The fuck? If I were Japanese I wouldn't want the console either till a steady stream of worthwhile games would come out for it.

Are they really banking on FFXIII to improve their situation, because if they do it's gonna be another tough year for them.

Jonnyram

Johann said:
More importantly, the 360 is now reaching a price where selling it isn't going to be a good financial investment anyway. 19,800 for an arcade? You'd be lucky to get much more than 10,000 for a second hand machine, especially if the supply of new units is meeting demand. Only when demand is higher than supply will you get a good deal on selling your machine.

Paracelsus

RamzaIsCool said:
They should fire their whole Japan department imo for the fuckfest that is going on the last 2 years. PS3 situation in Japan is truly pathetic, not only the sales but moreso the release scheduel. The system in now what...2 years in the life cycle and still hardly any Japanese made games come out for it. SCEJ hasn't produced shit and get this Square-Enix will have published 5 Xbox360 games before the end of this year and a staggering 0 PS3 games. The fuck? If I were Japanese I wouldn't want the console either till a steady stream of worthwhile games would come out for it.

Are they really banking on FFXIII to improve their situation, because if they do it's gonna be another tough year for them.

Looking at the bump 360 got in Japan, do you really think it would have been worthwhile for Sony to go "ebay" against MS about those games?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Copycat_Wannabe said:
This weeks Media Create thread will be amazing, X360 no.1 for the week, good numbers for IU and Pokemon doing crazy numbers.

So the 360 outsold the DS ?

Loudninja

Paracelsus said:
Looking at the bump 360 got in Japan, do you really think it would have been worthwhile for Sony to go "ebay" against MS about those games?

What? why are people assuming IU gave the 360 this bump? did we not forget it got a price drop as well?

Paracelsus

Loudninja said:
What? why are people assuming IU gave the 360 this bump? did we not forget it got a price drop as well?

Do you REALLY think it could have sold twentyeight thousand units ALONE, without IU + ToV?

Seriously.

Paracelsus said:

I suppose the argument would be that the Japanese audience is more receptive to the PS3, therefore the effects would have been bigger.

botticus

Copycat_Wannabe said:
This weeks Media Create thread will be amazing, X360 no.1 for the week, good numbers for IU and Pokemon doing crazy numbers.
Well, MC could certainly spoil the party for MS with the numbers being as close as they are.

RamzaIsCool

The Amiga Brotherhood
Paracelsus said:

PS3 is not the Xbox360....I mean people get excited here when a game reach 100k and move 25k xbox360s, that's how low the standard is in Japan for the 360. I genuinely think if the PS3 had a steady stream of games that the Japanese like (RPfuckinG's) the system would do much better. And when you see it's competitor court one title after another you kinda have to wonder what the hell Sony is thinking. So they didn't move their ass to secure those titles, what about DQ9? what about MH3? heck I can even add FFXIII to that list, isn't it also worth getting "ebay" over those titles? So if Sony isn't bothering to make the Japanese feel they want a PS3, why should they pick one. The way it's now Xbox360 has a much better Japanese oriented line up and it's a shame it doesn't sell more, because it deserves more the way it's now.

Paracelsus

mr_bishiuk said:
MS trying to keep JPRGS alive??

Hardware =/= Software.

Keep toasting about hw, because sw is on a different (and lower) level.

The only thing MS is probably doing (beside kicking what's left of Sony ass) is pushing all future Jrpgs on DS and Wii.

Legendary week is legendary. :p

Here are the numbers. :)

NDS: 63.000
360: 28.681
WII: 27.057
PSP: 26.000
PS3: 8.050
PS2: 7.500

1. Pokémon Platinum (NDS) 967.675 [967.675]
2. Quiz Magic Academy DS (NDS) 103.632 [103.632]
3. Infinite Undiscovery (360) 86.708 [86.708]
4. One Piece Unlimited Cruise: Episode 1 - Nami ni Yureru Hihou (Wii) 57.158
5. Rhythm Heaven Gold (NDS) 39.000 [710.000]
6. Wii Fit (Wii) 21.000 [2.563.000]
7. Daigasso! Band Brothers DX (NDS) 13.000 [328.000]
8. Mario Kart Wii (Wii) 13.000 [1.719.000]
9. J-League Winning Eleven 2008 Club Championship (PS2) 11.000 [141.000]
10. D.Gray-man: Sousha no Shikaku (PS2) 11.000 [11.000]

11. Blue Dragon Plus (NDS) 9.400 [35.000]
12. Fire Emblem: Shin Ankoku Ryuu to Hikari no Ken (NDS) 9.400 [229.000]
13. Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride (NDS) 8.800 [1.140.000]
14. Phantasy Star Portable (PSP) 8.600 [595.000]
15. Meccha Taiko Drum Master DS: Adventure in Seven Islands (NDS) 8.300 [336.000]
16. Inazuma Eleven (NDS) 8.200 [88.000]
17. Afrika (PS3) 7.200 [57.000]
18. Sega Ages 2500 Series Vol. 33: Fantasy Zone Complete Collection (PS2) 7.200 [7.200]
19. Wii Sports (Wii) 6.100 [3.127.000]
20. Mario Kart DS (NDS) 5.700 [3.201.000]
21. Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G (PSP) 5.500 [2.417.000]
22. Hoshizora no Comic Garden (NDS) 5.100 [5.100]
23. Tales of Vesperia (360) 4.600 [140.000]
24. Sigma Harmonics (NDS) 3.900 [43.000]
25. New Super Mario Bros. (NDS) 3.800 [5.278.000]
26. Animal Crossing: Wild World (NDS) 3.600 [4.730.000]
27. Pokémon Diamond/Pearl (NDS) 3.600 [5.575.000]
29. Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 15 (PS2) 3.500 [199.000]
30. We're Fossil Diggers (NDS) 3.500 [210.000]

xx. Conflict: Denied Ops (PS3) 2.700
xx. Viva Pinata 2 (360) 2.000
xx. Stranglehold (PS3) 1.900
xx. Theresia: Dear Emile (NDS) 1.500
xx. Conflict: Denied Ops (360) 970
xx. Spore Creatures (NDS) 610

Paracelsus said:
Hardware =/= Software.

Keep toasting about hw, because sw is on a different (and lower) level.
Actually, I'd say hardware does equal software. The PS3 and 360 are on completely different levels to be sure, but if you look at the LTD of the hardware, I think the different levels bear out there, too.

Regardless, an 86k opening week for a new ip RPG is pretty darn good for any system these days.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Thx Smoker :)

Quiz Magic Academy DS - WTF ?

360 outsold everything but ths DS ? :eek:
Seems like ppl are waiting for the new PSP 3000 release...

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Nice to see Rhythm Heaven is still going strong.

I wonder how much will the disparity between Media Create and Famitsu be this week. Will the 360 beat Wii there too?

Top Bottom