• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 12 - 18 June

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Eddz said:
DSL - 141,487
PSP - 24,653
DS - 22,748
PS2 - 20,737
GBASP - 4,642
Xbox360 - 1,407
Xbox - 3

UNCONFIRMED
what about cube etc?

Lapsed said:
The first few months of DS domination were interesting. Now, Nintendo is just showing off. =P

Unlike most Japanese games that sell really big for a week or two and dive down the list, those DS games just sit there. It shows they are selling to a cold market, to people not normally playing video games. My question is with these new gamers buying Brain Trainer, do they make the leap to more traditional games like New Super Mario Brothers?

Metroid Prime Hunters is #15 a couple weeks after release? Not too bad for a FPS in Japan.
i expect so as the DS tie in ratio must be rather excellent now.

Deku

Banned
Here are some hard numbers as I'm browsing.

19 out of 30 games are for the NDS

7 of the 19 DS games are 3rd party games. (This does not include the single Pokemon company entry for Pokemon Ranger)

Bandai Namco has 3 DS games in the top 30 (Digimon Story, Tamagochi and Kaitou Rusoー)

Children of Mana has left the Top 30 charts

Emotions

Go DS Go, well deserved.

How's that Digimon Story RPG like, any good, has anyone got it? same as Metal Saga DS has anyone got it as well? i mean someone that can post impressions.

cvxfreak

13429_n2006_0622_02_vp204.jpg

A line for VP2.

I'm sure a few of those might be for DSLs though. :lol

SS4Gogita

Henshin!
Eddz said:
DSL - 141,487
PSP - 24,653
DS - 22,748
PS2 - 20,737
GBASP - 4,642
Xbox360 - 1,407
Xbox - 3

UNCONFIRMED

If these are true (which I don't see why they wouldn't be), then the original DS continues to have weird sales from week to week.

ethelred

Deku said:
7 of the 19 DS games are 3rd party games. (This does not include the single Pokemon company entry for Pokemon Ranger)

But they're not actually selling.

Deku said:
Bandai Namco has 3 DS games in the top 30

Needs more Tales games.

Deku said:
Children of Mana has left the Top 30 charts

Shame. You hung in there for a long while, though, kiddo! Gave it a good run.

Too bad the monthly charts are dead.

koam

Rough week for the DS, only 7 out of 10.

P.S What caused the spike in the "DS" hardware? I seem to recall it being super low last week (<5K). I thought Nintendo had phased it out in japan.

P.P.S Pachart where are you>

Does this mean Nintendo is finally forced to go 3rd party?

Oh, and I need graphical charts. Theyre so much more entertaining :lol

starship

psycho_snake's and The Black Brad Pitt's B*TCH
ioi, can you compare NSMB fourth week to other titles? Like what you've done last weeks.

Tabris

Doc Holliday said:
So when is Sony going 3rd party?

Remember, the PSP is pretty close with the DS sales worldwide.

PS2 outsells both of them worldwide and it's at the end of it's cycle. So unless DS can catch any steam in the other 2 markets it won't touch Sony.

Just like Microsoft will never be real competition to Sony/Nintendo because it can't touch the japanese market.

ethelred

cvxfreak said:
Children of Mana had a good run. Especially after hearing it was mediocre.

The real fun for SE begins with FFIII.

Oh, very good run, no question. It's ended up pretty comparably to Sword of Mana, which isn't bad. Very good sales overall (particularly given how after its 103k first week everyone called it Children of Bomba).

Tabris said:
Remember, the PSP is still pretty much 50/50 with the DS worldwide.

Er, what? No it isn't. DS is way ahead of the PSP worldwide in both software and hardware. They were very close to even in hardware and software in the US, but then DS pulled ahead in software with Brain Age/NSMB, and has pulled well ahead in hardware with the Lite.

cvxfreak

Tabris said:

PS2 outsells both of them worldwide and it's at the end of it's cycle. So unless DS can catch any steam in the other 2 markets it won't touch Sony.

Actually, the DS is the best selling platform worldwide this year thanks to Japan alone. And DS is ahead of PSP by millions.

Matt

Tabris said:

Just like Microsoft will never be real competition to Sony/Nintendo because it can't touch the japanese market.
Everything you just said is wrong.

loosus

Banned
Wish Nintendo would spend some of this money to get, you know, non-Nintendo games that aren't shitty for the system. Would be nice for Westerners and might even increase the marketshare for DS in the West.

Tabris

Wait, yeah, it's 50/50 in the NA market. So EU, it's slightly ahead of the DS. So it's probabaly more like 60% DS / 40% PSP, but if someone could provide WW figures, it would be appreciated.

In the NA market, PS2 is still outselling the DS/PSP by 1.5x.

cvxfreak

Tabris said:
Wait, yeah, it's 50/50 in the NA market. So EU, it's slightly ahead of the DS. So it's probabaly more like 60% DS / 40% PSP, but if someone could provide WW figures, it would be appreciated.

Thanks for bringing NA into the mix. At least do it in context to Japan's numbers.

starship

Tabris said:

DS sales in Japan are bigger than PSP sales worldwide at the moment. And DS is the best selling game console (handheld).

Matt

Tabris said:

Yeah, so, again, everything you said is wrong. DS is ahead of PSP in America, Europe, AND Japan, and sells more worldwide monthly then any other system (thanks to Japan, of course).

Emotions

Tabris said:
Remember, the PSP is pretty close with the DS sales worldwide.

If PSP was the winner in Japan, you would be trolling every possible DS-Nintendo thread, just like you did in the past. Nintendo going third party, Nintendo sucks, etc ,etc,etc.

Tabris

Matt said:
Yeah, so, again, everything you said is wrong. DS is ahead of PSP in America, Europe, AND Japan, and sells more worldwide monthly then any other system (thanks to Japan, of course).

X360 = 221,000
PS2 = 232,000
Xbox = 26,000
GCN = 33,000
GBA = 152,000
DS = 146,000
PSP =160,000

May Figures. PSP > DS in NA. PS2 > DS/PSP/360 in NA.

cvxfreak

Tabris said:
Why? Because the NA market isn't being dominated by your favorite game company?

...Capcom?

Why? Because this is Japan's thread. It's okay if you want to weigh the performance of Japan worldwide by bringing NA in, but mentioning worldwide without relating it to Japan just proves your tired anti-Nintendo agenda.

Actually, bring NA in. It'll only make the PSP look even worse.

P.S. DS > PSP in Europe.

Razoric

Banned
Tabris said:
X360 = 221,000
PS2 = 232,000
Xbox = 26,000
GCN = 33,000
GBA = 152,000
DS = 146,000
PSP =160,000

The question is, will you be posting June figures? ;p

Doogdogg

PhoenixDark said:
Namco has been the most successful third party DS publisher in Japan. I can't wait to see how Tales does.

I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THEIR SALE GESTIMATE. :lol

Tales should do around 350-400k I reckon.

starship

Tabris said:
Why? Because the NA market isn't being dominated by your favorite game company?
Because:
1. this is a Japanese thread
2. Worldwide sales include Japanese sales (so its not 50/50 worldwide as you said)

DSXBoy

Tabris said:

You're wrong, in EUROPE DS is well ahead of PSP, even in SONYLAND the UK, DS is just ahead of PSP and the GAP is likely to widen with the launch of DS Lite tomorrow.:lol

Matt

Tabris said:
X360 = 221,000
PS2 = 232,000
Xbox = 26,000
GCN = 33,000
GBA = 152,000
DS = 146,000
PSP =160,000

Why are you using one month’s numbers for one region of the world to try and prove me wrong? You are proving nothing I said wrong. Total DS sales in America are ahead of total PSP sales. Hell, if you look at June’s monthly sales next month, you’ll see a PSP ass kicking.

apujanata

LTD (all figure rounded down to hundred thousand) :

PSP
Japan : 3.5 Million (up to Jun 11)
US : 4.3 Million (up to end of april)
Total US + Japan = 7,8 Million

NDS (+ NDSLite)
Japan : 8.7 Million (up to Jun 11)
US : 4.4 Million (up to end of April)
Total US + Japan = 13.1 Million.

Anyone have Europe figure ?

cvxfreak

apujanata said:
LTD (all figure rounded down to hundred thousand) :

PSP
Japan : 3.5 Million (up to Jun 11)
US : 4.3 Million (up to end of april)
Total US + Japan = 7,8 Million

NDS (+ NDSLite)
Japan : 8.7 Million (up to Jun 11)
US : 4.4 Million (up to end of April)
Total US + Japan = 13.1 Million.

Anyone have Europe figure ?

DS JP > PSP JP + NA

:lol

cvxfreak

Matt said:
Why are you using one month’s numbers for one region of the world to try and prove me wrong? You are proving nothing I said wrong. Total DS sales in America are ahead of total PSP sales. Hell, if you look at June’s monthly sales next month, you’ll see a PSP ass kicking.

The funny thing is, DS outsold all of those individually the week NSMB was released. :lol :lol

Deku

Banned
kia said:
At the moment
DS JP > PSP JP + NA + Europe + Every other territory
:lol :lol

Well isn't the DS doing quite well in NA and Europe ?

Last I check, May LTD for both PSP and DS had DS sitll 100k in the lead even though the PPS has outsold it for the last 6(?) months. I'm not too clear about Europe.

We need those WW /territorial numbers again.

loosus

Banned
Uh, why are you guys spazzing because someone mentioned North American sales in a Japanese sales thread? Who cares.

Tabris

Emotions said:
If PSP was the winner in Japan, you would be trolling every possible DS-Nintendo thread, just like you did in the past. Nintendo going third party, Nintendo sucks, etc ,etc,etc.

I'm not DrinkyCrow. I like Nintendo. Love Zelda and own a good amount of Nintendo games.

See picture:

handhelds.jpg

I just dislike Nintendo fanboys.

apujanata

I thought that maybe, this week, DSLite sales will go down below 100K, since the supply was much better starting from early June. I was wrong.

cvxfreak

Tabris said:
I'm not DrinkyCrow. I like Nintendo. Love Zelda and own a good amount of Nintendo games.

See picture:

handhelds.jpg

I just dislike Nintendo fanboys.

You can have every last Nintendo game released and your analysis and posts would still be misleading.

Top Bottom