• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 12/3 - 12/9 2007

Xeke

Banned
perfectchaos007 said:
No More Heroes:
Yet another hardcore game to flop. I'm affraid that hardcore games don't have much longer. Developers realize that minigame collections and non-games are cheaper to make and sell much better. Its a sad reality in Japan. But I'm really worried about Nintendo since they are a Japanese country that really hasn't cared about westernized games to begin with. Cancelling Project H.A.M.M.E.R was just the first project to go down. Soon it may be Disaster Day of Crisis. At least we were lucky enough to get Metroid, but who knows where that franchise is going now that the Prime series is done with. *sigh* I hope I'm just being way too pessimistic, but I am worried for the future of hardcore gaming.

sanfran.jpg

At least this time Namco nailed the shipment. I still wonder where are those 100,000 ToT units they claimed to have shipped and not a single tracker has as sold...

gimz

Great Wiifit number
Good TOI number
Good Mina no Golf number
Mairo Party is going strong still
Galaxy is back to top 10 as expected
LO is doing pretty good
and Wow Mario & Sonic is doing decent too!
Winning Eleven is droping...

DC R1D3R

Banned
So is it official? Did Uncharted Bomb in Japan? Or was data only taken from 1st day sales?

If it has indeed bombeb, wouldn't that make it three strikes in rapid succesion for Sonys AAA titles in Japan (or worlwide for that matter)?

Bebpo

Banned
gimz said:
Great Wiifit number
Good TOI number
Good Mina no Golf number
Mairo Party is going strong still
Galaxy is back to top 10 as expected
LO is doing pretty good
and Wow Mario & Sonic is doing decent too!
Winning Eleven is droping...

I'm guessing you are a fairly optimistic person in RL?

AniHawk

DC R1D3R said:
So is it official? Did Uncharted Bomb in Japan? Or was data only taken from 1st day sales?

If it has indeed bombeb, wouldn't that make it three strikes in rapid succesion for Sonys AAA titles in Japan (or worlwide for that matter)?
Data was taken from first 3-4 days of sales. It bombed.

DC R1D3R

Banned
AniHawk said:
Data was taken from first 3-4 days of sales. It bombed.

Is it me, or are the majority of gamers stearing well clear of Sony titles? Why is this trend kicking in? It can't be coincidence can it? I'm just wondering whether it's to do with Sony not actually having any sort of gaming heritage? Because it seems as though they're stuck in a rut, with no real sense of gaming direction.
IMHO

Despite all my pessimism, I still expect GT5P to save the day.

AniHawk

DC R1D3R said:
Is it me, or are the majority of gamers stearing well clear of Sony titles? Why is this trend kicking in? It can't be coincidence can it? I'm just wondering whether it's to do with Sony not actually having any sort of gaming heritage? Because it seems as though they're stuck in a rut, with no real sense of gaming direction.
IMHO

The PS3 hasn't been doing well in Japan. On top of that western games don't sell that well in Japan for the most part. The western thing has been going on for some time, but the traditional gaming scene in general has been fading in Japan for about 5 years now. Simply put: the games on the PS3 aren't what the Japanese want to play.

If there's one game that could create interest for the system, it's GT5/P.

legend166

DC R1D3R said:
IMHO

Why did you bold random words?

DC R1D3R said:
IMHO

I've deciphered this post and it says that Sony will do well despite the rut it's been in thanks to GT5:p.

polluar

MrSardonic said:
Aren't sales, well I mean DS Lite sales, already well down on last year's Christmas?

yes really, I thnink DS sales were more like 250 our 300 k last year at the same period. DS bomb

iceatcs

:S for WiiFit, I really thought it will be going massive but maybe it will be a long leg.

Ow it is really bad for Lost Odyssey as it didn't beat the BD as same timeframe last year, even little larger base couldn't do it. Hope it will doing well for western. Is it Blue Dragon bomb in Western?

Truefully I'm really surpise Uncharted got on the chart, which I thought it won't since it is sort of shooting game and many non-ps3 western games didn't manage on the chart or much lower like GTA:VCS on PS2 or PSP.

Nice to see Mario still a nice leg but disappointment WiiFit going to beat it.

iceatcs

I really thought it will be more massive. Maybe I underestimate lot.
I think it will be more crazy in US than Japan due it is popular to getting fit in US.

DC R1D3R

Banned
iceatcs said:
Truefully I'm really surpise Uncharted got on the chart, which I thought it won't since it is sort of shooting game and many non-ps3 western games didn't manage on the chart or much lower like GTA:VCS on PS2 or PSP.

When did GP's start prescribing doses of denial?

BishopLamont said:
I've deciphered this post and it says that Sony will do well despite the rut it's been in thanks to GT5:p.

You Win. Perfect!

Ydahs

NiGHTS, Chocobo and We Love Golf are released today, right? I've seen no impressions of 'em on GAF yet. Hope they sold well.

909er

iceatcs said:
:S for WiiFit, I really thought it will be going massive but maybe it will be a long leg.

Ow it is really bad for Lost Odyssey as it didn't beat the BD as same timeframe last year, even little larger base couldn't do it. Hope it will doing well for western. Is it Blue Dragon bomb in Western?

Nice to see Mario still a nice leg but disappointment WiiFit going to beat it.

Blue Dragon did 200,000 in Japan. I think it has a shot at 500,000 sold worldwide. But yeah, didn't exactly light ANY charts on fire. As others have said, craptacular demo and no advertising did not help.

Frillen

Ydahs said:
NiGHTS, Chocobo and We Love Golf are released today, right? I've seen no impressions of 'em on GAF yet. Hope they sold well.

All of them, yes. There's a new thread regarding We Love Golf up now + IGN has a hands-on article up.

kottila

iceatcs said:
I think it will be more crazy in US than Japan due it is popular to getting fit in US.

It's hard to sell more than you make.

Koren

iceatcs said:
I really thought it will be more massive.
Il the 95% sold-trough information is true, you couldn't expect higher numbers, but there's still a lot of people waiting for it. You couldn't really expect one million from the start...

phez

Banned
AniHawk said:
The PS3 hasn't been doing well in Japan. On top of that western games don't sell that well in Japan for the most part. The western thing has been going on for some time, but the traditional gaming scene in general has been fading in Japan for about 5 years now. Simply put: the games on the PS3 aren't what the Japanese want to play.

If there's one game that could create interest for the system, it's GT5/P.

i've lost all faith in japan as far as next-gen is concerned. simply, its portable nation. no two ways about it.

i really only look at mcreate threads now for kicks; its come to the point for analysis point of view, i dont really care much anymore :)

Furoba

A question to all Japanese GAF'ers. Is it still easy to get a 20/60GB PS3 (not the new ones). Planning on buying one, but not sure when. If stocks are low, I'd better buy one now.

909er

iceatcs said:

I think this is very much of matter that is similar to Wii hardware: Supply not keeping up with demand. From the low shipment levels, we can infer that perhaps Nintendo misread the demand, or they are purposely withholding stock to artificially drive demand (I wouldn't put it past them in Japan. They are very big on getting "cool" things, and the harder to find, the more desire there is to get it), or simply production cannot keep up with demand. I don't know if this would be the case, but Nintendo only has so many factories that can crank out Wii hardware without adding the Wii Fit board to the production strain.

909er said:
I think this is very much of matter that is similar to Wii hardware: Supply not keeping up with demand. From the low shipment levels, we can infer that perhaps Nintendo misread the demand, or they are purposely withholding stock to artificially drive demand (I wouldn't put it past them in Japan. They are very big on getting "cool" things, and the harder to find, the more desire there is to get it), or simply production cannot keep up with demand. I don't know if this would be the case, but Nintendo only has so many factories that can crank out Wii hardware without adding the Wii Fit board to the production strain.

That raises a serious concern, if WiiFit takes off for the rest of the world, how the in the world will they keep up production of both the Wii and the Boards?

Vinnk

Furoba said:
A question to all Japanese GAF'ers. Is it still easy to get a 20/60GB PS3 (not the new ones). Planning on buying one, but not sure when. If stocks are low, I'd better buy one now.

The new 20/60 units are pretty much just collecting dust in most stores, the 40gb ones are the hot item. Also there are tons of used ones up for grabs. You shouldn't have any trouble finding one.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
909er said:
I think this is very much of matter that is similar to Wii hardware: Supply not keeping up with demand. From the low shipment levels...

It's not a low shipment level. It's probably the highest shipment level of any peripheral-based game to Japan ever and it's been steadily selling through. Also 95% over two weeks is pretty much the ideal sellthrough rate for steady restocking; not overshipped so as to cause lingering supply on the store shelves, and not undershipped so as to miss out on sales when units run out.

Vinnk

iceatcs said:

As of today, there were only 3 units of Wii Fit in my town. It couldn't be much more massive than it is since it is sold out in a lot of places.

909er

BishopLamont said:
That raises a serious concern, if WiiFit takes off for the rest of the world, how the in the world will they keep up production of both the Wii and the Boards?

There gonna have to get more factories. It's the only way to do it. It's strange that Nintendo should find themselves in this position. They could be making SOOOO much more money right now, if only they could produce enough to meet demand.

Vinnk

biocat said:
I saw quite a few ads and some TV commercials for NMH. Uncharted had nothing but a few print ads.

TV commercials for NMH? I never saw one and I've been looking. I'm actually interested to see how they were marketing the game. Could you tell me about the content of the spot? I can't find any online. If you remember, can you tell me what programs the spots aired during?

Top Bottom