• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 13 - 19 Mar

Beowvlf

Banned
CoM held on fairly well, much better than last week. I think it'll just be able to crawl past 200k total.

Lenneth past 100k already, which I thought it wouldn't even do in total. PSP SW market is still inexplicable though, to really get an idea of what's selling 'good' (relatively), one needs to see the 30-50 spots on the chart. And that's damn sad. It's going to be painful to see the Japanese shun Loco Roco in a few months too, because let's face it, it's inevitable.

FFXII sales are awesome as expected, but I'm really hoping this one bucks the trend and has some better legs than usual. It'll probably still drop to 100-200k or so next week though. Still, ¥15.1bln in just 4 days is insane. For comparison's sake, Brain Training 1 & 2, English Training and Animal Crossing all combined have brought in ¥21.2bln LTD.

Heian-kyo said:
CoM held on fairly well, much better than last week. I think it'll just be able to crawl past 200k total.

Lenneth past 100k already, which I thought it wouldn't even do in total. PSP SW market is still inexplicable though, to really get an idea of what's selling 'good' (relatively), one needs to see the 30-50 spots on the chart. And that's damn sad. It's going to be painful to see the Japanese shun Loco Roco in a few months too, because let's face it, it's inevitable.

I think Loco Roco will do better than the large majority of PSP games. Don't underestimate it yet.

Beowvlf

Banned
RaijinFY said:
Why are you talking in revenues?
I'm not. I'm talking about how much Japanese gamers spent on the game, versus how much they've spent on those DS titles. Puts things into perspective; ie. a lot of gamers are willing to spend A LOT on Final Fantasy titles.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
:lol even his troll point is moot all those titles he mentioned for DS are all first party while FFXII is third party not only that but BT 1 and 2 doesn't cost shit to make while FFXII is multimillion dollar game (this is not counting marketing budget). making those revenues look more impressive for Nintendo.

sure the FFXII numebers are impressive there is no denying that, but why do you have to compare everything to the DS?

btw your DS related post always fall in two categories

a)your are renting a very hyped DS game
b)you are talking about revenues and shit.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Heian-kyo said:
RaijinFY said:
Why are you talking in revenues?
I'm not. I'm talking about how much Japanese gamers spent on the game, versus how much they've spent on those DS titles. Puts things into perspective; ie. a lot of gamers are willing to spend A LOT on Final Fantasy titles.
That's what revenue is. :lol

Error2k4 said:
:lol even his troll point is moot all those titles he mentioned for DS are all first party while FFXII is third party not only that but BT 1 and 2 doesn't cost shit to make while FFXII is multimillion dollar game (this is not counting marketing budget). making those revenues look more impressive for Nintendo.

sure the FFXII numebers are impressive there is no denying that, but why do you have to compare everything to the DS?

i dont think you can talk about current japanese sales without putting things in some sort of comparison to the DS.

i dont think anyone is disputing that the BT and AC are unparralleled money-printers.

Calidor

Heian-kyo said:
For comparison's sake, Brain Training 1 & 2, English Training and Animal Crossing all combined have brought in ¥21.2bln LTD.

and probably all the ds titles combined didn't cost even 1/10 of fxii to make

Beowvlf

Banned
Error2k4 said:
Oh for the love of shit, sometimes it just boggles my mind. Those 4 titles are UNQUESTIONABLY four of the most popular titles in Japan right now. That is the basis behind the comparison, not the fact that they are on the DS.

Fuzzy said:
That's what revenue is. :lol
Revenue is in relation to the publisher. I'm talking about what gamers spent at the cash registers. Simple as that. I'm not trying to compare who made what and how much, I'm simply stating that while the numbers don't show it as much, when you look at how much people spend, it shows how crazy Final Fantasy week one sales are (even more so if it was DQ).

Why the fuck are some of you bringing up development costs and profits? My point was just a simple comparison, meant so that people went 'damn, that's a lot of money in one weekend'.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Heian-kyo said:
Revenue is in relation to the publisher. I'm talking about what gamers spent at the cash registers. Simple as that.
So you're talking about the revenue the stores brought in. My :lol stands. :D

AniHawk

Calidor said:
and probably all the ds titles combined didn't cost even 1/10 of fxii to make

So what you're saying is that Nintendo doesn't care about gamers enough to spend a lot of money on making good games.

I dare you to name ONE game that had as good reviews as FFXII has had so far that's on the DS.

Shalomi

AniHawk said:
So what you're saying is that Nintendo doesn't care about gamers enough to spend a lot of money on making good games.

I dare you to name ONE game that had as good reviews as FFXII has had so far that's on the DS.

Nintendogs got a perfect score in Famitsu.

Or was that your point? With you, it's sometimes hard to tell.

Beowvlf

Banned
Fuzzy said:
So you're talking about the revenue the stores brought in. My :lol stands. :D
Wow. Look at what you quoted.

I'm talking about what gamers spent

I don't care who gets the money, where it goes, or who's getting a bonus because of it. I'm talking about how much gamers spent on that one game. Just last weekend. It's alot of money. That's it.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
jesus fuck heian if you are going to make a troll make a good one, talking about revenue the retailer brought in the fuck are you saying? you make that comparation trying to put how "impressive" the revenue for FFXII is, hell it is impressive I'm not going to argue that but you have to take into consideration it's development cost and marketing budget too which when taken into account make the revenue brought in by Nintendo with those titles you mentioned a hell lot more impressive

Heian-kyo said:
Wow. Look at what you quoted.

I don't care who gets the money, where it goes, or who's getting a bonus because of it. I'm talking about how much gamers spent on that one game. Just last weekend. It's alot of money. That's it.

No, that isn't it. If it was, you wouldn't have said "For comparison's sake, Brain Training 1 & 2, English Training and Animal Crossing all combined have brought in ¥21.2bln LTD." Which compaired it to DS games that are old and less than half of the price of FFXII.

Beowvlf

Banned
Error2k4 said:
jesus fuck heian if you are going to make a troll make a good one, talking about revenue the retailer brought in the fuck are you saying? you make that comparation trying to put how "impressive" the revenue for FFXII is, hell it is impressive I'm not going to argue that but you have to take into consideration it's development cost and marketing budget too which when taken into account make the revenue brought in by Nintendo with those titles you mentioned a hell lot more impressive
Hi.

It's pretty clear no one cares what I meant, they just smelled a possible troll and pounced. But I'll give it one last go. I had a simple point. Gamers spend a lot of money on Final Fantasy when it releases. Not SE makes a lot, or NINTENDO HAS LOW COST GAMES LOOLLER!1.

Believe it or not, there was nothing more to my statement. But have fun anyways.

Heian-kyo said:
Hi.

It's pretty clear no one cares what I meant, they just smelled a possible troll and pounced. But I'll give it one last go. I had a simple point. Gamers spend a lot of money on Final Fantasy when it releases. Not SE makes a lot, or NINTENDO HAS LOW COST GAMES LOOLLER!1.

Believe it or not, there was nothing more to my statement. But have fun anyways.

We understand that you're doing it.

We just don't understand why you're doing it.

Oh, wow, a more expensive game makes more revenue? Gee, I wonder why that is!

melvoin

Banned
It's unfortunate that CoM isn't doing better. Despite the wild success of the DS and 1st party software, 3rd party sales remain an enormous weakness which the PSP might still pounce upon in Japan. What could it possibly take for Nintendo to break their 3rd party funk?

cvxfreak

Amir0x said:
why can't you just allow the people to enjoy their shallow virtual pets? Christ you're so negative!

I'm just wondering, would your opinion of nintendogs change if it were deeper? :p

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Amir0x said:
why can't you just allow the people to enjoy their shallow virtual pets? Christ you're so negative!
wanna trade some fruit? i also have a blue shirt if you'd like it!

Amir0x

Banned
cvxfreak said:
I'm just wondering, would your opinion of nintendogs change if it were deeper? :p

it would have to

+ be fun (Nintendogs isn't)
+ allow death, birth, substantive growth and gene passing
+ the ability to kill my dog on demand if it annoys me
+ not be a virtual pet

AniHawk

Amir0x said:
it would have to

+ not be a virtual pet
Sounds like to me you need to take up a job at the local dog pound.

cvxfreak

Amir0x said:
it would have to

+ not be a virtual pet

I see.

*ahem*

=P

Amir0x

Banned
AniHawk said:
Sounds like to me you need to take up a job at the local dog pound.

i already have a dog, and it barks all day long at every fucking thing. It doesn't do backflips though...

cvxfreak said:
I see.

*ahem*

=P

I ain't training my dog without a reason. I need to be able to start a pure breed bloodline and then sell the puppies for lots of money.

cvxfreak

Amir0x said:
I ain't training my dog without a reason. I need to be able to start a pure breed bloodline and then sell the puppies for lots of money.

Amir0x, we'll be buddies forever and ever! :D

Anyway...

Dengeki:

Final Fantasy XII: 1,817,000
Final Fantasy X: 1,832,000 / 2,470,000
Final Fantasy X-2: 1,543,000 / 2,004,000
Kingdom Hearts II: 1,108,000

Chou-Gekijou-Ban Keroro Gunsou: Enshuu Dayo! Zenin Shuugou: 22,000

DS Lite: 97,000
PS2: 55,000

Dengeki expects sales to level off at 2,400,000 based on FFX and FFX-2's trend. So in that regard, AC is going to win this war.

Amir0x

Banned
AC may have won this war, but FFXII wins the war of quality in a bloody genocide! And that is what counts, in my heart!

AniHawk

Amir0x said:
AC may have won this war, but FFXII wins the war of quality in a bloody genocide! And that is what counts, in my heart!

The money from AC goes to making New Super Mario Bros. and Twilight Princess the best games in their respective series, so AC WINS OVERALL.

cvxfreak

AniHawk said:
The money from AC goes to making New Super Mario Bros. and Twilight Princess the best games in their respective series, so AC WINS OVERALL.

That means Pokemon massacres all!

Amir0x

Banned
AniHawk said:

We don't count that crap. Shenanigans.

Amir0x

Banned
A Link to the Past said:
Says the guy who wants Nintendogs 2 to have animal sex. :)

Hello, it's a Nintendo game. Said act would probably be highlighted by floating hearts and a short harpsichord jingle. The important part is passing the genes, and creating new dogs that share traits so that you can advance a bloodline in entirely unique ways. Combinations are endless.

The more things change in Japan, the more they stay the same.

It's complete Nintendo-Square-Enix domination.

Now that Nintendo and Square-Enix are working together again ... I'm sure at some point the topic of a Nintendo-Square-Enix RPG ala Kingdom Hearts will come up ... the sales roof on such a game ... I can't even imagine it.

Such a title might even outsell a standard FF or DQ game worldwide.

AniHawk

"If FFXII doesn't outsell the best selling DS game of all time in Japan (it's Animal Crossing at a little under 2 million right?) in its first month I will leave GAF for a month and hang my head in shame that Japanese gamers just plain out suck. But I think I will win this bet :p"

Someone wanted this posted. But who said it? AND WHAT WILL HAPPEN?

DUN DUN DUN

Top Bottom