• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 23-29 Jan

Monorojo said:
oh man, thank god i dont live in Japan or even have to associate mysekf with that place, its shameful really.

Millions of them buy "games" like English Training and Brain Training and completely ignore brilliant games like Exit and Lumines solely for the reason that they want them....Truly a sad state of gaming over there.

Fixed.

Get over it, Mono.

Monorojo said:
oh man, thank god i dont live in Japan or even have to associate mysekf with that place, its shameful really.

Millions of them buy "games" like English Training and Brain Training and completely ignore brilliant games like Exit and Lumines solely for the reason its not a nintendo handheld....Truly a sad state of gaming over there.

The fact it's a Nintendo handheld has nothing to do with it's success. For a few months, PSP was outselling the Nintendo DS in Japan due to the game drought the DS had. Once Nintendogs and then all the other quality Nintendo DS games came out, Nintendo DS started dominating the Japanese charts. While the Brain Training series has been successful, they aren't the only games selling well on the Nintendo DS in Japan. Both games and "non-games' for Nintendo DS are selling well in Japan. The Brain Training series and language training software are only part of the reason Nintendo DS has sold well in Japan. Nintendogs, Jump Superstars, Mario Kart DS, Super Mario 64 DS, etc. have all sold well in Japan as well.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Tis Friday should'nt we have the Charts by now... or did I miss them?

Link

The Autumn Wind
The Abominable Snowman said:
I wonder why PSP fans even bother here...

GAF is ruled by the DS.
You have got to be kidding me.

Seriously, do people only see what they want to see here? Because it sure as hell seems that way.

Shalomi

Link said:

Seriously, do people only see what they want to see here? Because it sure as hell seems that way.

The fact that literally all of the banter in these sales threads are related to the DS would give someone that impression. Hell, it seems the popularity of Media Create numbers has risen sharply not only on GAF but on the entire Intartronic Mindspace ever since Nintendogs came out.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Link said:

People should've realized by now that PSP fanboys are extremely paranoid. Obviously a thread that shows DS is doing better then PSP is going to be in favour to the DS. These threads were the exact opposite when PSP was in the lead at the beginning of last year.

Link said:

Dude, you probably take more offense to fans of other systems' but that does not discount the fact that there is more of a contingent of Nintendo lubbers here.

Remember that "State your console bias" thread?

mj1108

The Abominable Snowman said:
I wonder why PSP fans even bother here...

GAF is ruled by the DS.

Do you not remember the PSP launch threads and the pre-easter sales charts???

Thought so.

Cheebs

mj1108 said:
Do you not remember the PSP launch threads and the pre-easter sales charts???

Thought so.
Yep.
Who ever is "winning" posts in glee. And whoever is losing keeps quiet other than some bashers(like Drinky)

Leonsito

panicbutton.jpg

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
donny2112 said:
0130 GMT on Fridays?
I don't know what time it is in GMT but it's usually just after 8pm Eastern ever since the time change (when it used to be just after 9pm Eastern).

sasimirobot

The English Training game is sold out all over Japan (accourding to my source) and the back order on Amazon.co.jp is shipping on Jan 15.

Here is the link to its nintendo page, looks really neat!--->
copy_01.gif
http://touch-ds.jp/mfs/eigozuke/index.html

For those of us interested in the Japanese language these types of "software" like the Brain Training and Dictionary are a great way to "reverse engineer" the language.

I do this with books on English in Japan/Thailand also, just read them in the opposite way it was intended.

These are all leading up to a Universal Picto-Chat Translator-Teacher/Brain Trainer/calender/daily-planner/PDA app that should sell a BILLION copies in the year 2007.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
DS regularly beating everything 3 to 1 is just nutso. I would have thought all of japan would have stopped buying it once the lite was announced.

ziran

over 100k for ds is crazy amazing!

catfish said:
DS regularly beating everything 3 to 1 is just nutso. I would have thought all of japan would have stopped buying it once the lite was announced.
yeah, and the amazing thing is there are still reports it's selling out! what's going to happen when ds lite launches?

ps2 is declining steadily, as is to be expected this late in its life. it's also lower than last week even with two huge sellers in the top ten, DoC and Shin Onimusha.

the gba range is on it's way out now. micro was a nice little boost but i think ds has taken its sales.

360 is very low.

edit - does anyone have figures for how the original xbox sold in its first 3 months in japan?

Wtf!? X360 is already almost dead whereas DS once again outsells all the other consoles/handhelds :lol

DS YTD 2006 (till Jan 29th): 316,259
DS YTD 2005 (till Jan 30th): 249,922

PSP YTD 2006 (till Jan 29th): 259,371
PSP YTD 2005 (till Jan 30th.): 267,602

wow @ xbox 360 they got a wow out of me...

DS does not surprise me anymore... I always like underdogs I think I will root for the PSP now...

White PSP so Sexy :D

The Joker

Banned
Monorojo said:

Millions of them buy "games" like English Training and Brain Training and completely ignore brilliant games like Exit and Lumines solely for the reason its not a nintendo handheld....Truly a sad state of gaming over there.
lol sour grapes.

Top Bottom