• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 2, 2014 (Jan 06 - Jan 12)

What are the biggest games for this year (3DS)?

- Dragon Quest Monsters 2
- Mario Party
- Super Smash Bros. 4

Any other?

Dragon Quest XI should/could come someday.

L~A

I used Media Create.

And yes, PSP sold less, but 3DS in 2013 is down YoY even with major releases like Monster Hunter 4 and Pokemon X & Y. I expected more for the system,

1) in 2012, the 3DS was barely 1 year old, so lots of people didn't own it at the time, so no saturation or anything
2) it got a new model revision
3) it got friggin' Animal Crossing
4) no model revision in 2013

So it's not that surprising the 3DS went down last year, though I'll admit I was one of those who were totally convinced MH4 + Pokémon would mean a better year than 2012.

The 3DS got a model revision even before the sales really started to significantly drop, which kinda makes comparisons with other consoles invalid. Nintendo didn't launch the 3DS XL to give sales a boost (which is usually the point of a model revision), but to increase the 3DS's momentum. Had Nintendo NOT launched the XL in 2012, it may well have had a better 2013.

Personally, I was expecting a model revision in 2013, around march or so, not in july 2012.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I'd bet 5 bucks that we'll get Pokemon Z or X2/Y2 this year too.

Naah, this year would be perfect for a Pokémon remake. Especially considering how the remake team worked on Black 2 / White 2 and, so, it's "silent" since June 2012.
Next year it's time for Pokémon X2 and Y2.

On 3DS and the next handheld if it launches in Fall 2015

Alrus

Nintendo should have listened to me and made january the "virtual console month" with good releases and Sales, só they had something to keep momentum in january

But did they listen to me? Nooooo

VC and sales wouldn't have kept momentum going for shit.

spekkeh

Banned
Mr. Iwata noted that Nintendo's sales in Japan were better than they were in the U.S. and Europe, and said the company needed a better way of keeping in touch with trends abroad.

"In Japan, I can be my own antenna, but abroad, that doesn't work," he said.

how's that Japanese antenna working out for you Iwata

Shengar

Naah, this year would be perfect for a Pokémon remake. Especially considering how the remake team worked on Black 2 / White 2 and, so, it's "silent" since June 2012.
Next year it's time for Pokémon X2 and Y2.

On 3DS and the next handheld if it launches in Fall 2015
Please, no more X2-Y2. Just go with Pokemon Z already since Z is cool :(
Pokemon Z or X-2 can wait

I need muh RSEremakes first

Give me them Winona (I hope Gamefreak don't screw with ther redesigned costume).

L~A

There's a scan floating around, and it seems SE is working on a completely new Dragon Quest Monster.

After two remakes on 3DS, that makes sense. I wouldn't be surprised if it was formally announced at the DQM2 release event (provided there's one?). Anyway, series has been rather successful, especially on the 3DS, they'd be mad not to make an original entry. Anyway, pretty good news, though chances of localisation are... *ahem*.

After two remakes on 3DS, that makes sense. I wouldn't be surprised if it was formally announced at the DQM2 release event (provided there's one?). Anyway, series has been rather successful, especially on the 3DS, they'd be mad not to make an original entry. Anyway, pretty good news, though chances of localisation are... *ahem*.

So... 3DS or no?

L~A

So... 3DS or no?

No idea, haven't seen said scans yet. Maybe Sammy could *wink wink*

I'd be very surprised if it wasn't for the 3DS, as I believe there's already a mobile game coming soon/already out, and I really can't picture the series going to Vita or consoles. Guess we'll see in a few hours!

Log4Girlz

Not everyone ;)

I think the ferocious growth of mobile has caught everyone off guard. Especially in this thread, which seems like it's giving an accurate picture of the Japanese market, but without mobile it's actually quite a limited view.

Mobile gaming is seamless. No need to purchase custom hardware. Does games good enough. Many are free to play, no investment necessary (though heavily encouraged of course).

It will be interesting to see how Nintendo reacts.

SmokyDave

Can someone post the numbers? I can't navigate Famitsu to save my life.

Mobile gaming is seamless. No need to purchase custom hardware. Does games good enough. Many are free to play, no investment necessary (though heavily encouraged of course).

It will be interesting to see how Nintendo reacts.
They'll react by slowly sliding into irrelevance. Or by creating the next best thing. No room for middle ground!

L Thammy

The 3DS really needs some fresh content, I think. There's a lot of successes on the system, but not a lot of new successes. Senran Kagura, what else?

Please, no more X2-Y2. Just go with Pokemon Z already since Z is cool :(

In Pokemon Z, does the main character suddenly find out that he's from an alien warrior race?

Alrus

The 3DS really needs some fresh content, I think. There's a lot of successes on the system, but not a lot of new successes. Senran Kagura, what else?

Yokai Watch, Bravely Default, Fantasy Life... All much more successful than Senran Kagura.

urfe

Another week of being sad for the failure the Wii U is.

Another week saying "but it's a good system!" and another ":(".

Alrus

Another week of being sad for the failure the Wii U is.

Another week saying "but it's a good system!" and another ":(".

While it is not a bad system Nintendo completely misread the market and refused to correct the mistakes they made with the Wii. They deserve the failure.

Dark_castle

Funeral details?

44860630.jpg

Top Bottom