• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 43, 2013 (Oct 21 - Oct 27)

L Thammy

Maybe it means that they expect it to bounce right back to 3K after this week's boost. :p

so, today's the day we finally give up on Wii U hopes, right?
I still dream about a world where N can support the console desipte its poor performance, like back in the GC days

We couldn't give up before? I feel like sometime around last E3 was the death knell.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
so, today's the day we finally give up on Wii U hopes, right?
I still dream about a world where N can support the console desipte its poor performance, like back in the GC days

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Sounds more like Party numbers to me as well. That would also make sense with the comgnet numbers

50k for Wii U at this point would be a real party though

Sounds more like Party numbers to me as well. That would also make sense with the comgnet numbers

50k for Wii U at this point would be a real party though

Wii U hasn't risen above 21K in weekly sales since the week of December 31st, 2012, so yes, 50K sales would be a real treat.

Takao

Banned
It says it isn't a complete revival yet.

And them it links to an yoyo on Amazon that has the number 50217.

tumblr_lnnz7not2E1ql141xo1_250.gif

50k sounds like Wii U Party given what we've heard abut sell-through at retail. I think we would've seen it perform better on Amazon even if that isn't always the best measure of success, but for the bundles to be in stock and not even hit the top 100 makes it unlikely that the system is at such a high level of demand. 50k would probably equate to total sell-through or close to it. Even though there were a bunch of Vita colors the week it hit 60k, there were several of them in the top 20.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
We couldn't give up before? I feel like sometime around last E3 was the death knell.

I think that around E3 we saw a good amount of potential big sellers (MK, Mario, DK, Smash, and so on), but then we saw the console unable to responde to Pikmin, Zelda, bundles, price cut and so on...don't know, I'm way more pessimistic today than in July

It is in some way a paradox but perhaps the horrendous low sales of WiiU these last weeks shows that people are waiting the bundles. So, they show an interest.
Would the sales have remain the same, it could have mean that people don't give a shit.
Of course, one should not expect an incredible rise, and it should only be a peak.

Or these low sales just mean that people don't care about the WiiU at all...

Nibel

No way Wii U will have sold 50k units :lol

I think it's between 10k-25k at max and probably Wii Party U selling 50k

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think anyone expects 50k ?

But 50k for Wii U Party sounds realistic to me

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Well, Vita did 60k in the Vita-2000 week.

Although, I don't see it happening.

new model and colors and handheld> (console) bundle

But when Pikmin 3 and ~90k only pushed it to ~20k, I just can't see Wii U Party and bundle pushing it to 50 :/

I can see WiiU around 18K, sure not 50K
18K would be shittastic.

If one takes the 5.5K it did at week 39 as some sort of baseline, and assume the terrible sales it's been having from week 40-43 are due to the bundle announcement, the delta sums to 9K, which would mean an underlying boost in week 44 of only like 3.5K over week 39.

30-40K would be more respectable, although still low in absolute terms.

Kid Ying

Nice find, although they don't show the sales numbers :(

Wii U Top 10 (Oct 14 - Oct 20)

01. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD (Nintendo)
02. New Super Luigi U (Nintendo)
03. Nintendo Land (Nintendo)
04. Rayman Legends (Nintendo)
05. New Super Mario Bros. U (Nintendo)
06. Dragon Quest X: Mezameshi Itsutsu no Shuzoku Online (Square Enix)
07. Pikmin 3 (Nintendo)
08. LEGO City Undercover (Nintendo)
09. Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two (Spike Chunsoft)
10. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Capcom)

WII Top 10 (Oct 14 - Oct 20)

01. Taiko no Tatsujin Wii: Super Deluxe Edition (Bandai Namco Games)
02. New Play Control! Pikmin 2 (Nintendo)
03. Mario Kart Wii ( Nintendo
04. New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Nintendo)
05. Wii Sports Resort (Nintendo)
06. Just Dance Wii 2 (Nintendo)
07. Mario Party 9 (Nintendo)
08. Kirby's Return to Dream Land (Nintendo)
09. One Piece: Unlimited Cruise 1 - The Treasure Beneath the Waves [Minna no Osusume Selection] (Bandai Namco)
10. New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Nintendo)

PS Vita Top 10 (Oct 14 - Oct 20)

01. Dangan-Ronpa 1-2: Reload (Spike Chunsoft)
02. Soccer Tsuku: Pro Soccer Club! (Sega)
03. Warriors Orochi 3: Ultimate (Koei Tecmo)
04. FIFA 14 (Electronic Arts)
05. The Legend Of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki (Nihon Falcom)
06. Toukiden (Koei Tecmo)
07. Super Robot Wars OG Saga: Masou Kishin III - Pride of Justice (Bandai Namco)
08. Killzone: Mercenary (SCE)
09. Getsuei Gakuen kou (Arc System Works)
10. Slotter Mania V: Gakuen Mokushiroku - Highschool of the Dead (Dorart)

PSP Top 10 (Oct 14 - Oct 20)

01. J.League Let's Make a Soccer Team! 8 Euro Plus (SEGA)
02. God Eater Burst [PSP the Best 2nd Print] (Bandai Namco)
03. FIFA 14 (Electronic Arts)
04. Shining Ark (SEGA)
05. Uta no Prince-sama: Music 2 (Broccoli)
06. Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories [Rockstar Classics] (Take-Two)
07. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories [Rockstar Classics] (Take-Two)
08. Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc [PSP the Best] (Spike)
09. Meiji Tokyo Renka (Broccoli)
10. Brothers Conflict: Brilliant Blue (Idea Factory)
I found the top 10 of the wiiu to be very interesting because with the exception of Rayman and Epic Mickey, which were new releases, all of the games are the only games with good (well, good is a strong word, i should say not as bad) performances. Even old as hell releases like Monster Hunter are still there, where a lot of other titles are nowhere to be seen. The software list for the wiiu is as sad as it could be. It's situation is much like the wii top 10, with the exception that the wii saw only a couple of releases in the last two years...

And i saw the blog post. It's weird, because it's phrase doesn't look like it's being directed to Party U, but at the same time, 50k sales couldn't be for the Wii U for the love of god.

My bet is the number is on Wii Party U and the comment is for the Wii U because the number is not as high as it could be.

50k sounds like Wii U Party given what we've heard abut sell-through at retail. I think we would've seen it perform better on Amazon even if that isn't always the best measure of success, but for the bundles to be in stock and not even hit the top 100 makes it unlikely that the system is at such a high level of demand. 50k would probably equate to total sell-through or close to it. Even though there were a bunch of Vita colors the week it hit 60k, there were several of them in the top 20.
It charted in the Top 50 during the launch week.

sphinx

the piano man
and meanwhile we post in this thread with nothing worthwhile to say cause we can't contain the hype XD

Top Bottom