• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mega 64: "Gamer Dad"

darrylgorn

It's funny but my kids are usually the ones that are very competitive about gaming while I'm more about keeping it light.

A couple of weeks ago my son saw me "playing" dark souls and he was really keen on trying it. I was like, 'are you sure you want to do this to yourself?' but he (and my daughter) were both totally on board.

So we played it separately and coop for a bit. He had some trauma moments but the worst was when we got to the gargoyles boss.

He initially died so my daughter and I went into his world to help him get through it. We killed all of the enemies along the way and even summoned Solaire (praise the sun!).

The moment he went through the fog gate, there was a gargoyle right on top, blocking the way and just slashes him right off the cathedral to his death.

It was horrible for him and the worst part was that we had to go somewhere right after, so he had to sit with that dejection for the rest of the day.

Fortunately, we did make it back and he got his vengeance haha. But yeah, the experience right now is that the kids seem the ones driving the gaming fanaticism, not me.

bobone

Do people actually relate to that?
A real woman wouldn't put up with a man-child.
Seems like the script was written by someone that doesn't play games, but thinks this is what we do all day.

That being said, I did briefly consider naming my daughter after a game character.

Last edited:

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
I9SVAXB.gif

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Is this trying to be a mockery of the image people have of "gamers"? Didn't really find it funny myself.

reinking

Gold Member
It could have been better but it does make me wonder how many relationships have ended over video games. I have overheard a few come to an end while on Xbox Live. :messenger_anguished:

Top Bottom